• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Will this leak or cause lags or problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i'm making a rune of experience that gives all nearby ally heroes xp when used.
Will this trigger leak or cause lags or problems? Is there a better way to do it?
Also, how to make a AOE of 600?

Attachments

• user231383_pic97965_1431732400.jpg
    user231383_pic97965_1431732400.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Level 9
ew, single line unit group. use the do (Actions) one as it is far easier to change things.
like chaosy said, the unit group leaks. set it to a variable before picking units. your AoE should be correct, but try to use Units in Range, if it works (i'm not sure).

how can i remove leaks?
Should i just set a variable before picking units? (can you upload an example of a trigger for that i can follow)
i also saw people use a custom script "call DestroyGroup(udg_Group)". Will that work?
What's a point leak?
What are the bad effects of having leaks in your map triggers?
Is having few leaks leads to bad consequences?

Pffffffffffff i used crap like this like a 100 times without knowing. God help! :goblin_cry:

Level 11
how can i remove leaks?
Should i just set a variable before picking units? (can you upload an example of a trigger for that i can follow)
i also saw people use a custom script "call DestroyGroup(udg_Group)". Will that work?
What's a point leak?
What are the bad effects of having leaks in your map triggers?
Is having few leaks leads to bad consequences?

Pffffffffffff i used crap like this like a 100 times without knowing. God help! :goblin_cry:

Create variable for the unit group and point and use them, at the end of the trigger type this into two custom script:
call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup)
call DestroyLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Note that on the places of UnitGroup and TempPoint you need to put your variable names.

Attachments

• user231383_pic97965_1431732400.jpg
    user231383_pic97965_1431732400.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 53
Yes, you do not leak there. How ever "LastCreatedUnit" may be overwritten after the "Wait" operation.

Also, pls can someone post a leak-free version of my Rune of Experience trigger?
You should try yourself, and then ask again if you have problems with it.

You can use the "... And Do Multiple Actions" variant for "If/Then/Else" and for "PickAllUnits..." operations.
With using it, it's easier to make a structure and you gain readability.

Level 12
I'm pretty sure items leak as well. I don't think tomes ever leave your map. You might notice a small dot where the hero got one and it just stays there forever. You could create a special effect for the animation (need to delete it since it also leaks) and use the trigger that adds experience instead.

I'm pretty sure items leak as well. I don't think tomes ever leave your map. You might notice a small dot where the hero got one and it just stays there forever. You could create a special effect for the animation (need to delete it since it also leaks) and use the trigger that adds experience instead.

I think that's the death animation of the tomes. They shrink but they never disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.