• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

trigger leak abuse which cause mass lag to player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
it there is a game when this dude share his control with me ( an ally)
then he did something which only caused me to experience the massive lag due to certain leak..

How is can this be done in jass?
i'm not sure what that dude did specifically in the map but he always has to share control with me first.
if i get control of his units, what are the ways he can cause lag specifically for the shared control player

There are many variables that leak:
Points, Unit Groups, Player Groups, Special Effects, Lightning Effects, Floating Text, Countdown Timers, and a number of others.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
it there is a game when this dude share his control with me ( an ally)
then he did something which only caused me to experience the massive lag due to certain leak..

How is can this be done in jass?
i'm not sure what that dude did specifically in the map but he always has to share control with me first.
if i get control of his units, what are the ways he can cause lag specifically for the shared control player
Is this lag as in low frame rate or lag as in command latency?

Also what map is this a problem with? Maybe the map executes visual effects for the local player who owns the units which cause frame drops.

Also how do you know the other player is also not experiencing the same lag?

Level 7
it gradually increase the cpu usage, which i believe is caused by leaks
the map is vampirism speed, i believe it has something to do with what the player did, after he shared control of his unit, he's able to do leak for the local player that is shared for his units..
actually that I have no idea at all, maybe he's experiencing lag, but the rest of the players were fine

Status
Not open for further replies.