1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT

Submitted by JaysProjex
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
JaysProjex Presents

Wilderness Survival
Created by Jay

Contact Info

DISCORD

Map Info

Requires: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne or Reforged

This map originally started in 2005

Wilderness Survival features a 5 versus 5 player base cooperative PvP style game using your skills necessary to survive in this winter-like wilderness. The map also features items that can be gathered & crafted including hunting wild animals & taking down the opposing team before your time (days) run out. If your health drops to 0 you die. If your Heat drops to 0 then you'll start to freeze to death. Keeping your heat up is vital to so you'll need to stay warm. If you die it's not over, your team can still revive you so not all hope is lost.

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Kuulgryphun3

Testers

• Hashblade
  • Thorhunter
  • Darkblade121
  • Keith22
  • Espatula
  • NeCrO_OwNeR
  • Putdeksel
  • Outlawz
  • Ilikepie
  • Jesse_James
  • DeadKeepIt
  • FML

Models

• Kitabake
  • Olofmoleman
  • Bisnar13
  • Fearstarter
  • DarkDeathKnight
  • Unclefester
  • Fingolfin
  • Sin'dorei300
  • Sunchips
  • HappyTauren
  • Hammerfist132
  • Ugougo
  • Sellenisko
  • Blood Raven
  • Chilla_Killa
  • WhiteDeath
  • Stonneash

Icons:

• Peekay
  • Kwah
  • Palaslayer
  • NFWar
  • Kimberley
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Lioness
  • OgeRfaces
  • The_Silent
  • L_Lawliet
  • Coinblin
  • D.ee
  • JollyD
  • Anachron

Map Thieves

Map Thieves

Note: These are players who ripped off my work & re-released un-official versions of this map which made them exploitable.
  • Jasmira
  • Dover19
  • Buggy
  • Darkblade (adds cheats)
  • Fantasyvn (adds cheats)
The map Wilderness Survival WSL is a complete rip-off of one of my previous projects known as Wilderness Survival 4.7e which was broken into. A clan called Wilderness Survival League (WSL) is a community who stole my project without permission, they're notorious for harassing & banning players.

Contents

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT (Map)

Reviews
19:30, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's because it's

-Exploration Mode

2. BLazeKraze

BLazeKraze

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I like the previous versions .

3. sabishii

sabishii

Resources:
    Resources:
    i think v 4.7 better than 4.8

i love v 4.7

:v

4. HKO2006

HKO2006

Resources:
    Resources:
    Found a bug, when I craft fur boots when I have fur gloves + boots, the new fur boot seems replaced the old fur gloves + boots, just the new fur gloves + boots are in my inventory.

5. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Which version are you playing?

6. HKO2006

HKO2006

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah, forgot to mention, I was playing 4.8.

7. sai05

sai05

Resources:
    Resources:
    guys any one play in garena ? and what server ? lets play

8. ukn0wnD3str0y3r

ukn0wnD3str0y3r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Verison 4.8.... Hard to Understanding ==...
    How can I reload arrow?
    Why the Bonfire wont regenerates when u leave it and go back to it?? o.0

EDIT: i miss 4.7 :(

9. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    4.8 is unfinished currently fire is bugged but getting a fix soon. What do you miss about 4.7 from 4.8?

10. yashirojet

yashirojet

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should remake this map for Forest environment for many people want a relax gameplay...since, u know forest is often much more easy to survive.

11. ukn0wnD3str0y3r

ukn0wnD3str0y3r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i Hope the bag got many page... xD i mean... can change inventory slot...

EDIT:
    4.7 is more logical, i think >< and 4.8 terrain is.... umm how to say.. is not so logic xD anyway, nice game....

EDIT 2: And those icons.... When you pause the game.. it appears green icons... Try add those DISBTN and DISPASBTN into the imported files and change custom path :) it will be more great

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  12. ryouzai

ryouzai

Resources:
    Resources:
    if u really wanna remake Forest Environment, you may consider Jungle Troll Reborn map, or a real survival for 21 days
    link from youtube name may search naked and afraid (原始生活二十一天)
    Hope this helps for future improvement.

Note: (...) is Chinese for full length video

Ryousuke86

13. ukn0wnD3str0y3r

ukn0wnD3str0y3r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Or try like the Age of Empire?.... you will need to create a Base House that can researches things like from stone age to iron age... like that everything following upgrade like that you get it? xD

14. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Making maps is like a job with no paycheck, the survival scenario is "Winter" because that's originally what I had in mind & wanted to stick with it ever since creation. Forest is much more complicated then it seems & has a endless amount of extra possibilities, Winter has less mimics meaning not creating something that has the same purpose of something else. It also has it's limits & differences from other survival scenarios because there are plenty of forest maps.

As we discussed already but for future reference you need to define this "Logic" you speak of & where you're coming from because this doesn't specify anything. 4.8 terrain looks more "boxy" I get it but the reason it's done is for "balance" & the anti rush performs better then any other version.

Please update to the latest version as I have already fixed this awhile back.

Please specify on what needs to be improved. I'm not interested in making a forest map sorry. To reinform you Jungle Trolls Reborn & Wilderness Survival are completely different maps, they have nothing in common.

15. Times

Times

Resources:
    Resources:
    :vw_sad:Some things to say:

When you upgrade to bonfire, it's not possible to up its health from 100, and also, fire depletes way too fast. EDIT: It also gets hypothermia! :vw_wtf:

As others have said, The new terrain, is not real good. Absolutely removes the "surprise factor" of the previous versions.

You die instantly when your food meter goes 0 with no advice. I died many times as a result of this.

I'll play singleplayer and see if I find some more bug fixes.

-More-To-Fix: Bonfire doesn't give any warmth.
    -Now you can make a fire for free, and you find a stick, each one like 5-20 meters away. You should return it back to his old version, as you need many fires, and waiting that time for each one is not fair.

:thumbs_up: : Coyotes are a nice idea, they stole my turkey :goblin_cry:

Else a good map, i like it, but 4.8v its just, not as good as previous versions.

I'll have to give this map a:

4/5

Normally it would be 5/5, but since it has well-marked errors that'll be the rating.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  16. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I took along break away from Wildy as 4.8 took a few months to progress through & still remains buggy I'm uncertain if I want to finish it.

The bonfire is bugged I announced this several times keep in mind it does say "beta", also I'm aware of the skill being granted to the fire your right it's not suppose to but thank you for your input it's always good to listen to feedback in case I missed something.

It's difficult to say wether or not the terrain is good at this point because it remains unfinished, I'm not exactly seeing a "surprised factor" from your perspective in fact I don't see what was surprising at all, in previous versions became a "who could rush the fastest" and win this is something I wanted to move away from because it was missing the core gameplay. The new terrain has routes & gates that have to be open which helps prevent rushers from rushing straight across the map, with the routes added you have to chose which route you want to take as they both benefit you with something different then the other. Although it does lose that "freedom" feel in which I'm not a fan of myself either but things can still open up later down in development.

It doesn't surprise me to hear this but shouldn't take you long to figure it out as the game revolves around realism. At one point all the information was there for years & I still got the same responses as this one, nobody ever reads dialog or a big wall of text they would rather jump in and play the game so later I removed the text & wait times. The only way you're going to learn is by asking other players or finding out for yourself.

Suit yourself, most testers try a few times then get bored & leave.

For inexperienced players this game requires a bit of learning, experienced players however is cake-walk it becomes too easy once you realize how everything works. I always design the game mechanics under my skill level, which means if I can't do it I wont add or increase the difficulty for anybody else.

I'm the one & only there is no "his".

Fair enough, next time explain what you would have done to make improvements so that I may pick up on it in the future so gooing into depth when discussing a issue would suffice, for example you mention you dislike the terrain but don't specify on what you didn't like about it other than not liking it. Thank you for your feedback much appreciated.

17. Times

Times

Resources:
    Resources:
    My bad, I almost never read previous comments. Also know that when you make a good map like this one you get many followers that expect much from you. But if you feel this map had enough changes you can do a final release, although many people won't like that.

Yes, I know that, many experienced players wanted just to rush, in part that's because the roads between each team were way too easy (especially the north one), so they just made weapons, killed some bears and rushed. that happened to me 1 time. But what I meant with my previous post is that with this new terraining you know what is waiting you (if you have played before) for ex. you know that in this zone there are like 5 bears so it's dangerous and etc. In previous versions you could have a lot of useful stuff and then a pack of wolves came and attacked you and you were like "Oh @#$%" well, not much as a "surprise factor" but yes as a "unknown factor" or something alike.

I just wanted to say that when you play you keep busy doing stuff and you don't keep an eye on your hunger meter, that is way small. Only a trigger doing something like -"when gold (hunger) is 100 show "(I'm hungry, or I need food)" as in real life, you don't have a "hunger meter" you just feel it. and IDK what is "sleep" meter for. you start with 5 and i haven't found a way to increase it. Maybe staying inside igloo or tent?

Hehe, don't worry, I won't surrender that easy :wink:

Well, if you think that way, then you could add a start menu where you choose difficulty. If players are rational they would choose an appropiate difficulty depending on player's experience. But 75% of players are fool and choose the difficulty that only suit them.

:fp: My bad, English is not my native tongue :(

I'll be posting more feedback soon, And after all, a bug is something you dislike no? I'll try to care my tone. EDIT: Will be tomorrow. I don't have time today.

18. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The number one question I ask myself is Wilderness Survival really going get me anywhere in "life" probably not, this is after I've been working on it for "9 years" of course my mind set is completely different I focus on wildy as a side hobby but when reality kicks in it's like having a second job with no income. I would like to see it become something but unfortunately before I make it that far someone else will stroll along & steal the idea to make profit in which companys are already taking the survival aspect & been making more survival games lately anyhow so it's defeating my purpose to continue updating.

I'll take your word for it because I feel the same way on some occasions, the rush factor became "core" gameplay I suppose players seemed to enjoy that but also new players complained of not be able to enjoy the game to it's fullest because they would die off with in 20 minutes due to PvP end results. Wolves were added to help prevent rushers but put strain on all players "even new ones" this caused problems if they didn't know how to handle them properly in which you built a bigger fire "bonfire" or "torches" to fear them away but also pushed alot of players away & give up without actually figuring out how the mechanic worked. Another problem was with new players couldn't handle the animal AI so I improved guns in previous versions which then became "core" weapons a.k.a (overpowered). To break it down for you I try to equally balance gameplay as a whole to work for both experienced & inexperienced players. For example we have "Revive" originally it was a deathmatch once you died you were dead, 50% of the feedback I was getting players wanted revive & some didn't so what do we do in a situation like this? I brainstorm so a idea works for both partys. Eventually I added "Revive" under the circumstances to only revive during the day with the option to "Kill" your opponent via (Decapitation). Was it a success? Yes it was!

Back to the terrain, when I get time I will most likely be changing it again back to how it was in 3.0 as it was one of the most played maps at it's time in which I already have plans on what I want to do for a layout to bring back the freedom & "surprise" feel.

If I recall the sleep bar is gone you might need to update, the sleep bar became "body stress" it gives you 5 extra chances before you reach 0 heat, this cannot be undone once revived, also when you're near a fire your hunger will not drop so in a way I made it a bit easier (gives player time to read recipes)

I've tried several difficulty options and thrown them all out, Wilderness shouldn't have a difficulty option as it's a all around survival game it also becomes a hassle for small changes to be made when doing so, in the future I would rather avoid "difficulty modes"

Bugs/Glitches yes of course (on the dislike part), anything that seems unfair to other players I look into improving.

19. bentinata

bentinata

Resources:
    Resources:
    Create an account just for this, ha! :D

Umm, how do you create a snow shoes, the tooltip say "Net + Branch". Net is what we get when we craft 7 Vine, right?
    And, Daggon too, I think the recipe isn't unique, as it's always create Dagger (basically same recipe, just different amount of Bone).

I'm playing 4.8f.

Oh, yeah, thankyou for making this map. Cheers! ;)

20. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Daggons is a new weapon so expect changes, & yes net is 7 vines.