• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT

JaysProjex Presents

Wilderness Survival
Created by Jay

Map Info

Requires: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne or Reforged

This map originally started in 2005

Wilderness Survival features a 5 versus 5 player base cooperative PvP style game using your skills necessary to survive in this winter-like wilderness. The map also features items that can be gathered & crafted including hunting wild animals & taking down the opposing team before your time (days) run out. If your health drops to 0 you die. If your Heat drops to 0 then you'll start to freeze to death. Keeping your heat up is vital to so you'll need to stay warm. If you die it's not over, your team can still revive you so not all hope is lost.

Free for all & exploration modes included in dialog at the start of the game with many other options to customize your survival experience.

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Kuulgryphun3

Testers

• Hashblade
  • Thorhunter
  • Darkblade121
  • Keith22
  • Espatula
  • NeCrO_OwNeR
  • Putdeksel
  • Outlawz
  • Ilikepie
  • Jesse_James
  • DeadKeepIt
  • FML

Models

• Kitabake
  • Olofmoleman
  • Bisnar13
  • Fearstarter
  • DarkDeathKnight
  • Unclefester
  • Fingolfin
  • Sin'dorei300
  • Sunchips
  • HappyTauren
  • Hammerfist132
  • Ugougo
  • Sellenisko
  • Blood Raven
  • Chilla_Killa
  • WhiteDeath
  • Stonneash

Icons:

• Peekay
  • Kwah
  • Palaslayer
  • NFWar
  • Kimberley
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Lioness
  • OgeRfaces
  • The_Silent
  • L_Lawliet
  • Coinblin
  • D.ee
  • JollyD
  • Anachron

Map Thieves

Map Thieves

Note: These are players who ripped off my work & re-released un-official versions of this map which made them exploitable.

• Jasmira
  • Dover19
  • Buggy123
  • BraveHeroo
  • Darkblade (adds cheats)
  • Fantasyvn (adds cheats)
  • Devoltz (adds cheats)
  • Tohsak132 (adds cheats)
The map Wilderness Survival WSL is a complete rip-off of one of my previous projects known as Wilderness Survival 4.7e which was broken into. A clan called Wilderness Survival League (WSL) is a community who stole my project without permission, they're notorious for harassing & banning players.

Contents

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT (Map)

Reviews
19:30, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
One of the best maps in W3 I've ever played but it hurt so much that I can't save my game. I understand that it can make the game too easy but It would be nice to save your game and continue where you left off. I hope you'll add save to this survival. It would be great

Level 2
Found a bug, when I craft fur boots when I have fur gloves + boots, the new fur boot seems replaced the old fur gloves + boots, just the new fur gloves + boots are in my inventory.

Level 1
You should remake this map for Forest environment for many people want a relax gameplay...since, u know forest is often much more easy to survive.

Level 9
i Hope the bag got many page... xD i mean... can change inventory slot...

EDIT:
4.8 is unfinished currently fire is bugged but getting a fix soon. What do you miss about 4.7 from 4.8?
4.7 is more logical, i think >< and 4.8 terrain is.... umm how to say.. is not so logic xD anyway, nice game....

EDIT 2: And those icons.... When you pause the game.. it appears green icons... Try add those DISBTN and DISPASBTN into the imported files and change custom path :) it will be more great

Last edited:
Level 4
if u really wanna remake Forest Environment, you may consider Jungle Troll Reborn map, or a real survival for 21 days
link from youtube name may search naked and afraid (原始生活二十一天)
Hope this helps for future improvement.

Note: (...) is Chinese for full length video

Ryousuke86

Level 12
You should remake this map for Forest environment for many people want a relax gameplay...since, u know forest is often much more easy to survive.

Making maps is like a job with no paycheck, the survival scenario is "Winter" because that's originally what I had in mind & wanted to stick with it ever since creation. Forest is much more complicated then it seems & has a endless amount of extra possibilities, Winter has less mimics meaning not creating something that has the same purpose of something else. It also has it's limits & differences from other survival scenarios because there are plenty of forest maps.

ukn0wnD3str0y3r said:
4.7 is more logical, i think >< and 4.8 terrain is.... umm how to say.. is not so logic

As we discussed already but for future reference you need to define this "Logic" you speak of & where you're coming from because this doesn't specify anything. 4.8 terrain looks more "boxy" I get it but the reason it's done is for "balance" & the anti rush performs better then any other version.

ukn0wnD3str0y3r said:
When you pause the game.. it appears green icons...

Please update to the latest version as I have already fixed this awhile back.

ryouzai said:
if u really wanna remake Forest Environment, you may consider Jungle Troll Reborn map, or a real survival for 21 days. Hope this helps for future improvement.

Please specify on what needs to be improved. I'm not interested in making a forest map sorry. To reinform you Jungle Trolls Reborn & Wilderness Survival are completely different maps, they have nothing in common.

Level 4
:vw_sad:Some things to say:

When you upgrade to bonfire, it's not possible to up its health from 100, and also, fire depletes way too fast. EDIT: It also gets hypothermia! :vw_wtf:

As others have said, The new terrain, is not real good. Absolutely removes the "surprise factor" of the previous versions.

You die instantly when your food meter goes 0 with no advice. I died many times as a result of this.

I'll play singleplayer and see if I find some more bug fixes.

-More-To-Fix: Bonfire doesn't give any warmth.
-Now you can make a fire for free, and you find a stick, each one like 5-20 meters away. You should return it back to his old version, as you need many fires, and waiting that time for each one is not fair.

:thumbs_up: : Coyotes are a nice idea, they stole my turkey :goblin_cry:

Else a good map, i like it, but 4.8v its just, not as good as previous versions.

I'll have to give this map a:

4/5

Normally it would be 5/5, but since it has well-marked errors that'll be the rating.

Last edited:
Level 12
I took along break away from Wildy as 4.8 took a few months to progress through & still remains buggy I'm uncertain if I want to finish it.

When you upgrade to bonfire, it's not possible to up its health from 100, and also, fire depletes way too fast. EDIT: It also gets hypothermia!

The bonfire is bugged I announced this several times keep in mind it does say "beta", also I'm aware of the skill being granted to the fire your right it's not suppose to but thank you for your input it's always good to listen to feedback in case I missed something.

As others have said, The new terrain, is not real good. Absolutely removes the "surprise factor" of the previous versions.

It's difficult to say wether or not the terrain is good at this point because it remains unfinished, I'm not exactly seeing a "surprised factor" from your perspective in fact I don't see what was surprising at all, in previous versions became a "who could rush the fastest" and win this is something I wanted to move away from because it was missing the core gameplay. The new terrain has routes & gates that have to be open which helps prevent rushers from rushing straight across the map, with the routes added you have to chose which route you want to take as they both benefit you with something different then the other. Although it does lose that "freedom" feel in which I'm not a fan of myself either but things can still open up later down in development.

You die instantly when your food meter goes 0 with no advice. I died many times as a result of this.

It doesn't surprise me to hear this but shouldn't take you long to figure it out as the game revolves around realism. At one point all the information was there for years & I still got the same responses as this one, nobody ever reads dialog or a big wall of text they would rather jump in and play the game so later I removed the text & wait times. The only way you're going to learn is by asking other players or finding out for yourself.

I'll play singleplayer and see if I find some more bug fixes.

Suit yourself, most testers try a few times then get bored & leave.

-More-To-Fix: Bonfire doesn't give any warmth.
-Now you can make a fire for free, and you find a stick, each one like 5-20 meters away. You need many fires, and waiting that time for each one is not fair.

For inexperienced players this game requires a bit of learning, experienced players however is cake-walk it becomes too easy once you realize how everything works. I always design the game mechanics under my skill level, which means if I can't do it I wont add or increase the difficulty for anybody else.

"Return back to his old version"

I'm the one & only there is no "his".

Else a good map, i like it, but 4.8v its just, not as good as previous versions.

Fair enough, next time explain what you would have done to make improvements so that I may pick up on it in the future so gooing into depth when discussing a issue would suffice, for example you mention you dislike the terrain but don't specify on what you didn't like about it other than not liking it. Thank you for your feedback much appreciated.

Level 4
The bonfire is bugged I announced this several times keep in mind it does say "beta", also I'm aware of the skill being granted to the fire your right it's not suppose to but thank you for your input it's always good to listen to feedback in case I missed something.

My bad, I almost never read previous comments. Also know that when you make a good map like this one you get many followers that expect much from you. But if you feel this map had enough changes you can do a final release, although many people won't like that.

It's difficult to say wether or not the terrain is good at this point because it remains unfinished, I'm not exactly seeing a "surprised factor" from your perspective in fact I don't see what was surprising at all, in previous versions became a "who could rush the fastest" and win this is something I wanted to move away from because it was missing the core gameplay. The new terrain has routes & gates that have to be open which helps prevent rushers from rushing straight across the map, with the routes added you have to chose which route you want to take as they both benefit you with something different then the other. Although it does lose that "freedom" feel in which I'm not a fan of myself either but things can still open up later down in development.

Yes, I know that, many experienced players wanted just to rush, in part that's because the roads between each team were way too easy (especially the north one), so they just made weapons, killed some bears and rushed. that happened to me 1 time. But what I meant with my previous post is that with this new terraining you know what is waiting you (if you have played before) for ex. you know that in this zone there are like 5 bears so it's dangerous and etc. In previous versions you could have a lot of useful stuff and then a pack of wolves came and attacked you and you were like "Oh @#$%" well, not much as a "surprise factor" but yes as a "unknown factor" or something alike.

It doesn't surprise me to hear this but shouldn't take you long to figure it out as the game revolves around realism. At one point all the information was there for years & I still got the same responses as this one, nobody ever reads dialog or a big wall of text they would rather jump in and play the game so later I removed the text & wait times. The only way you're going to learn is by asking other players or finding out for yourself.

I just wanted to say that when you play you keep busy doing stuff and you don't keep an eye on your hunger meter, that is way small. Only a trigger doing something like -"when gold (hunger) is 100 show "(I'm hungry, or I need food)" as in real life, you don't have a "hunger meter" you just feel it. and IDK what is "sleep" meter for. you start with 5 and i haven't found a way to increase it. Maybe staying inside igloo or tent?

Suit yourself, most testers try a few times then get bored & leave.

Hehe, don't worry, I won't surrender that easy :wink:

For inexperienced players this game requires a bit of learning, experienced players however is cake-walk it becomes too easy once you realize how everything works. I always design the game mechanics under my skill level, which means if I can't do it I wont add or increase the difficulty for anybody else.

Well, if you think that way, then you could add a start menu where you choose difficulty. If players are rational they would choose an appropiate difficulty depending on player's experience. But 75% of players are fool and choose the difficulty that only suit them.

I'm the one & only there is no "his".

:fp: My bad, English is not my native tongue :(

Fair enough, next time explain what you would have done to make improvements so that I may pick up on it in the future so gooing into depth when discussing a issue would suffice, for example you mention you dislike the terrain but don't specify on what you didn't like about it other than not liking it. Thank you for your feedback much appreciated.

I'll be posting more feedback soon, And after all, a bug is something you dislike no? I'll try to care my tone. EDIT: Will be tomorrow. I don't have time today.

Level 12
If you feel this map had enough changes you can do a final release, although many people won't like that.

The number one question I ask myself is Wilderness Survival really going get me anywhere in "life" probably not, this is after I've been working on it for "9 years" of course my mind set is completely different I focus on wildy as a side hobby but when reality kicks in it's like having a second job with no income. I would like to see it become something but unfortunately before I make it that far someone else will stroll along & steal the idea to make profit in which companys are already taking the survival aspect & been making more survival games lately anyhow so it's defeating my purpose to continue updating.

Yes, I know that, many experienced players wanted just to rush, in part that's because the roads between each team were way too easy (especially the north one), so they just made weapons, killed some bears and rushed. that happened to me 1 time. But what I meant with my previous post is that with this new terraining you know what is waiting you (if you have played before) for ex. you know that in this zone there are like 5 bears so it's dangerous and etc. In previous versions you could have a lot of useful stuff and then a pack of wolves came and attacked you and you were like "Oh @#$%" well, not much as a "surprise factor" but yes as a "unknown factor" or something alike.

I'll take your word for it because I feel the same way on some occasions, the rush factor became "core" gameplay I suppose players seemed to enjoy that but also new players complained of not be able to enjoy the game to it's fullest because they would die off with in 20 minutes due to PvP end results. Wolves were added to help prevent rushers but put strain on all players "even new ones" this caused problems if they didn't know how to handle them properly in which you built a bigger fire "bonfire" or "torches" to fear them away but also pushed alot of players away & give up without actually figuring out how the mechanic worked. Another problem was with new players couldn't handle the animal AI so I improved guns in previous versions which then became "core" weapons a.k.a (overpowered). To break it down for you I try to equally balance gameplay as a whole to work for both experienced & inexperienced players. For example we have "Revive" originally it was a deathmatch once you died you were dead, 50% of the feedback I was getting players wanted revive & some didn't so what do we do in a situation like this? I brainstorm so a idea works for both partys. Eventually I added "Revive" under the circumstances to only revive during the day with the option to "Kill" your opponent via (Decapitation). Was it a success? Yes it was!

Back to the terrain, when I get time I will most likely be changing it again back to how it was in 3.0 as it was one of the most played maps at it's time in which I already have plans on what I want to do for a layout to bring back the freedom & "surprise" feel.

I just wanted to say that when you play you keep busy doing stuff and you don't keep an eye on your hunger meter, that is way small. Only a trigger doing something like -"when gold (hunger) is 100 show "(I'm hungry, or I need food)" as in real life, you don't have a "hunger meter" you just feel it. and IDK what is "sleep" meter for. you start with 5 and i haven't found a way to increase it. Maybe staying inside igloo or tent?

If I recall the sleep bar is gone you might need to update, the sleep bar became "body stress" it gives you 5 extra chances before you reach 0 heat, this cannot be undone once revived, also when you're near a fire your hunger will not drop so in a way I made it a bit easier (gives player time to read recipes)

Well, if you think that way, then you could add a start menu where you choose difficulty. If players are rational they would choose an appropiate difficulty depending on player's experience. But 75% of players are fool and choose the difficulty that only suit them.

I've tried several difficulty options and thrown them all out, Wilderness shouldn't have a difficulty option as it's a all around survival game it also becomes a hassle for small changes to be made when doing so, in the future I would rather avoid "difficulty modes"

I'll be posting more feedback soon, And after all, a bug is something you dislike no?

Bugs/Glitches yes of course (on the dislike part), anything that seems unfair to other players I look into improving.

Level 1
Create an account just for this, ha! :D

Umm, how do you create a snow shoes, the tooltip say "Net + Branch". Net is what we get when we craft 7 Vine, right?
And, Daggon too, I think the recipe isn't unique, as it's always create Dagger (basically same recipe, just different amount of Bone).

I'm playing 4.8f.

Oh, yeah, thankyou for making this map. Cheers! ;)

Level 12
Create an account just for this, ha! :D

Umm, how do you create a snow shoes, the tooltip say "Net + Branch". Net is what we get when we craft 7 Vine, right?
And, Daggon too, I think the recipe isn't unique, as it's always create Dagger (basically same recipe, just different amount of Bone).

I'm playing 4.8f.

Oh, yeah, thankyou for making this map. Cheers! ;)

Daggons is a new weapon so expect changes, & yes net is 7 vines.

Level 2
bro, now im playing v4.8i im waiting your updated map from april 2014 my last post at page 25. v4.8i no lagg anymore cos i use netbook.
no need waiting loading 4/4 or 8/8 before start playing game.
easier to make fire and find item to make axe for fuel fire.

sorry my english so bad. i wanna ask.

i cant make "lumberjack kit", but "tool kit" and "leatherworking" already done. i dunno why still remains lumberjack axe and chopping log? some time hatchet remain too, so i have 2 hatchet (1 at inventory and 1 at tool kit). not like v4.7 many times i try something to make lumberjack kit, but i still cant make it.

for torch unlit, no needed to make it? cos i cant put into fire. but i think u make it simply, just take from fire. so recipe unlit torch useless.

few times i die at frist time try v4.8i cos a boar appear in front of me and hitting me when me lagg..

regen hp too low when i almos die, need few meats to fill up hp.
delay skill rest too long, it make me upset when lose hp too much and i cant find any meat.

when i make spear, the original spear will drop when i make other spear. like unlit spear. after i put unlit spear to fire/bonfire/fire brew i cant move anymore. just wait until i die.

idk what the meaning of bugs.. but i will report if i find something wrong again..

i hope this map can better than before, but i still love map v4.7 :ogre_haosis:

Level 2
bro i when use skill pet taming near mouse when hypotermia then i click fire i got crash fatal error.

i got stuck again when eat meat near fire when day change night(appear clock aura)

when i put lit torch to my bag and i take to player, it not give light anymore but i can make unlimited standing torch.

i see your tutorial skinning knife at facebook, but i still can skinned dead animal auto like at tutorial.

when hit animal, just stay and wait animal until die. not hitting animal not have animation. too low accuracy, make me miss when hitting. i dont know why animal alway decrease hp when near me.

always stck when put unlit spear to fire.

i just want to report, but my english so bad..

Last edited:
Level 4
Hi

Well, how much it has been?

After some thinking, I get the conclussion that you get a Bear Grylls (aka A guy that knows everything about survival and even drinks his own piss) guy, hmm, would be more realistic if you'd made somewhat thing that allows you to learn recipes... At least, the most complicated ones.

And for your business part, hmm, only thing I can say is that I'm catholic, and about 30% of things I do, I do them waiting no reward...

Also, If this game is wanted to be paid for...
100% Freehand... that means you would have to do every single thing using your own work and also without WCIII WE...

Expect great rewards for doing something for other people. Not a physical or tangible reward, thought. Expect a big reward for your being.

Again, this map has potential, If you keep working on it cheers and I'd reccomend to add a bit of lore. For me a small lore adds a good bonus to the map, and it isn't anywhere hard.

Greetings.

Level 12
Well, how much it has been?

After some thinking, I get the conclussion that you get a Bear Grylls (aka A guy that knows everything about survival and even drinks his own piss) guy, hmm, would be more realistic if you'd made somewhat thing that allows you to learn recipes... At least, the most complicated ones.

And for your business part, hmm, only thing I can say is that I'm catholic, and about 30% of things I do, I do them waiting no reward...

Also, If this game is wanted to be paid for...
100% Freehand... that means you would have to do every single thing using your own work and also without WCIII WE...

Expect great rewards for doing something for other people. Not a physical or tangible reward, thought. Expect a big reward for your being.

Again, this map has potential, If you keep working on it cheers and I'd reccomend to add a bit of lore. For me a small lore adds a good bonus to the map, and it isn't anywhere hard.

Greetings.

I never watched Bear Grylls until hmmm...maybe last year? I started the project well before that time & no I don't drink my own piss.

I didn't fully understand the 2nd part.

I didn't fully understand the 3rd part.

I didn't fully understand the 4th part.

As for lore it's already done "on paper" just hasn't been released.

Level 3
hello :)
hope you remember me.
This map... i can't even describe the feeling when i play it... ofc, it happens not that often than it was.
still, very well made, thanks for the experience.
i play it with my brothers and friends via Garena on RU servers (i'm Russian)

Yeah, <3 man, you're awesome. keep up the great work!
8357 /V\4|o 3\|3|z

Level 12
hello :)
hope you remember me.
This map... i can't even describe the feeling when i play it... ofc, it happens not that often than it was.
still, very well made, thanks for the experience.
i play it with my brothers and friends via Garena on RU servers (i'm Russian)

Yeah, <3 man, you're awesome. keep up the great work!
8357 /V\4|o 3\|3|z

I remember the name yes, the game was great around 3.0, updates after made things easier, too easy. I'm hoping to recover 4.8 into something a bit more special then what the game was previously, it just take's awhile with work and all.

Level 4
What I said was just encouragement, In case you didn't felt like updating the map, because I want updates :ogre_hurrhurr:
And for the 1st part, was trying to say the guy you control is... hmm... Like the best survivalist ever, Teach me how to make a rifle with forest materials :eekani:
So was just suggesting to unlock recipes as the game goes on, For example, make the guy able to do the rifle after, hmm... something like 1,5 hours? IDK. If you manage to do something alike, you could bring back 4.7 PT version terrain (a very good one), without worrying about "ambushes". In all games i've played in 4.7 PT (The only one hosted, no one wants to host 4.8), Minimal time till a team attack was something like 1,5 hours. Most wc3 maps end in an hour. I don't feel like the "ambush" is an ambush, because anyways you have to prepare to clear the bridge before you can pass, and that takes time. And if you did that, and the other team wasn't prepared, then they are tards (If you don't manage to prepare in ~2 hours then... do another thing), + most who host this game are veterans.

EDIT: It's a survival map, so you should make food a need and water another. Having the bear grylls-level guy add something so you can drink your own piss. xD

Greetings

Level 12
Coll map. But when i try to cut corpse mamonth, game shutting down =\

It's a bug, it will be fixed later sorry about that.

What I said was just encouragement, In case you didn't felt like updating the map, because I want updates :ogre_hurrhurr:
And for the 1st part, was trying to say the guy you control is... hmm... Like the best survivalist ever, Teach me how to make a rifle with forest materials :eekani:
So was just suggesting to unlock recipes as the game goes on, For example, make the guy able to do the rifle after, hmm... something like 1,5 hours? IDK. If you manage to do something alike, you could bring back 4.7 PT version terrain (a very good one), without worrying about "ambushes". In all games i've played in 4.7 PT (The only one hosted, no one wants to host 4.8), Minimal time till a team attack was something like 1,5 hours. Most wc3 maps end in an hour. I don't feel like the "ambush" is an ambush, because anyways you have to prepare to clear the bridge before you can pass, and that takes time. And if you did that, and the other team wasn't prepared, then they are tards (If you don't manage to prepare in ~2 hours then... do another thing), + most who host this game are veterans.

EDIT: It's a survival map, so you should make food a need and water another. Having the bear grylls-level guy add something so you can drink your own piss. xD

Greetings

I would encourage you to message me on the facebook page, I'm less active here due to my page.

I also already mentioned some rifle updates if you view it here.

My page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jays-Wilderness-Survival/488794911188235

Level 1
The camera is sometimes get locked, so I can't move the cursor to any direction of the map. I don't know whats trigger it.. but it happens many times every time I play, n I have to restart playing again. I hope you can fix it.
I'm a fans of this map since along ago. best of survival map ever beside jungle trolls reborn. Great work..

Level 1
ver. 4.8.O

1) We played with a friend via LAN 3 times and we got "windows has encountered unknown problem..." crash to windows all 3 times. It was kinda random, first game we played about 1,5 hour, second about 1 hour and third about 30 min. I suspect it has something to do with skinning animals, but i can't guaranty.

2) There is something wrong with water barrel. Sometimes when i drop raw pelt/hide in this barrel, pelt just disappears. 2 times i dropped raw pelt in this barrel, i just couldn't move anymore. Packing up barrel and building it again helped me though.

3) Sometimes when i drop some item into bonfire in appears in my friends inventory. For example, i dropped bone fragment into fire and clean bone appeared in my friends inventory.

4) There is something definitely wrong with suit sets. I had fur gloves and fur shoes set, then took vine+small pelt to make fur boots. End result - i had suit set gloves+boots+shoes, but vine+pelt didn't disappear from my inventory. So in the end i made 5 different sets with only 2 pelts. BTW, when i dropped all sets, i still had snow shoes on my hero animation and movement speed bonus was still present. Then i took 3 item set (gloves+boots+shoes), but it didn't add any mana bonus, so i still had 50 mana =/ there was a total mess with those sets..

I haven't been around for a while so i have a question. Have you disabled guns in this version? I couldn't find recipes for workshop, pistols or musket anywhere.

And 1 more question. Can i download older versions somewhere? Cause sadly, this one is unplayable for now. I could ignore those bugs mentioned above, but that random crash to windows ruins everything totally :(

Hope this helps.

Level 12
1) Crashes are typically top priority, if one is found actions are taken immediately. You're on the right track but these times are inaccurate so I can't really zone in on what the crash is. If I may ask you, before you startup a game let everyone know that the game may crash & every action taken should be observed so it can be recorded and/or documented. Generally crashes occur in a order of execution, so the last action taken will be the cause & that player should speak up. If reports aren't well reported I gain no information, the possibilty of something being fixed starts declining.

2 & 3) These are still getting improvements they're just rather slow due to the amount of time I have.

4) I had a member report this a few days ago but I'm looking into it so thank you.

Side (?'s)
Guns have been removed but are making their way back into the game, technically speaking they're disabled until balanced.

Unfortunately I no longer support the outdated versions, you may find one on the interweb somewhere but the chances of it being the legit version is extremely slim. I would recommend you stay with the latest version to wait it out. With the new version it's very easy to make changes/fixes, I brought alot of stuff back from 3.0 that was the main goal for the end result in 4.8.

I thank for taking the time to write this up, feedback is hard to find since Warcraft III is a small gaming community. To get a better view of what's going on I recommend you to visit the Facebook Page: Jay's Wilderness Survival.

Level 2
well i hate your new update instead of leather working kit it creates another sowing kit and the map update is terrible... can't understand how and what fuels campfire of course sticks and logs the old map was much easyer to understand... of course haters gonna hate i wish you could post an older version (before the map change)

Level 12
well i hate your new update instead of leather working kit it creates another sowing kit and the map update is terrible... can't understand how and what fuels campfire of course sticks and logs the old map was much easyer to understand... of course haters gonna hate i wish you could post an older version (before the map change)

The map is undergoing alot of bugs because I was trying different concepts, I noted it was beta through 3.6 - 4.8, in fact there was never suppose to be a release after 3.5, you're lucky enough to even play any of the updates. Why did I update so suddenly, because some players out there wanted to actually play the new versions to see the updates & share ideas.

Alot of players still enjoy playing 4.7.e

Sticks & such require a left click instead of drop on fire. It's really not a big change other than how it works is slightly different. I tend to disagree that this update is terrible, alot of the extra stuff that was added previously wasn't needed, 4.8 is now actually becoming more user friendly it's just not at the final stage yet. I have a busy life schedule I can't get around to fixing everything in 1 version.

I spent over the course of 3 years making 4.7 it was already planned after 3.5 but wasn't finished. I did small updates leading up to it trying different concepts. When you play a game 1000x over you want things made easier, which is exactly what I did in 4.7 (I made things way too easy)

Level 2
Hey, this is really a great map, but i have problems loading it in singleplayer - every time i load my character can't move or do anything, he just freezes as game goes on

Level 12
Hey, this is really a great map, but i have problems loading it in singleplayer - every time i load my character can't move or do anything, he just freezes as game goes on

Thanks for posting

There is a dialog that appears at the start of the game for (game options) when you're done choosing click (Finish Setup!)

If it's not appearing for you then I'm not sure what exactly is causing it. Make sure you're playing as Red (Player 1)

Last edited:
Level 2
Thanks for posting just to inform you I read messages faster on my page
Facebook (Jay's Wilderness Survival)

There is a dialog that appears at the start of the game for (game options) when you're done choosing click (Finish Setup!)

If it's not appearing for you then I'm not sure what exactly is causing it. Make sure you're playing as Red (Player 1)

Oh no no, i mean when i use save games and load my previous wilderness save, that's when it happens (also, pretty hard to play as solo, because there's no-one to revive you when you die :'/ )

Level 12
Oh no no, i mean when i use save games and load my previous wilderness save, that's when it happens (also, pretty hard to play as solo, because there's no-one to revive you when you die :'/ )

Oh... well... you didn't say that... You probably used up all of your saved games, 3 saves is the maximum limit (unless you kill bigfoot) defeating bigfoot in version (4.8) removes the limit so you can save as many times as you want.

You no longer need anyone to revive you in the latest map which is 4.8.R I no longer support any versions below this one sorry.

Level 2
Oh... well... you didn't say that... You probably used up all of your saved games, 3 saves is the maximum limit (unless you kill bigfoot) defeating bigfoot in version (4.8) removes the limit so you can save as many times as you want.

You no longer need anyone to revive you in the latest map which is 4.8.R I no longer support any versions below this one sorry.

Oh, thanks for clearification man, i was indeed playing the older version :vw_death:

Thanks agen and good luck with the map ^^