1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT

Submitted by JaysProjex
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
JaysProjex Presents

Wilderness Survival
Created by Jay

Contact Info

DISCORD

Map Info

Requires: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne or Reforged

This map originally started in 2005

Wilderness Survival features a 5 versus 5 player base cooperative PvP style game using your skills necessary to survive in this winter-like wilderness. The map also features items that can be gathered & crafted including hunting wild animals & taking down the opposing team before your time (days) run out. If your health drops to 0 you die. If your Heat drops to 0 then you'll start to freeze to death. Keeping your heat up is vital to so you'll need to stay warm. If you die it's not over, your team can still revive you so not all hope is lost.

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Kuulgryphun3

Testers

• Hashblade
  • Thorhunter
  • Darkblade121
  • Keith22
  • Espatula
  • NeCrO_OwNeR
  • Putdeksel
  • Outlawz
  • Ilikepie
  • Jesse_James
  • DeadKeepIt
  • FML

Models

• Kitabake
  • Olofmoleman
  • Bisnar13
  • Fearstarter
  • DarkDeathKnight
  • Unclefester
  • Fingolfin
  • Sin'dorei300
  • Sunchips
  • HappyTauren
  • Hammerfist132
  • Ugougo
  • Sellenisko
  • Blood Raven
  • Chilla_Killa
  • WhiteDeath
  • Stonneash

Icons:

• Peekay
  • Kwah
  • Palaslayer
  • NFWar
  • Kimberley
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Lioness
  • OgeRfaces
  • The_Silent
  • L_Lawliet
  • Coinblin
  • D.ee
  • JollyD
  • Anachron

Map Thieves

Map Thieves

Note: These are players who ripped off my work & re-released un-official versions of this map which made them exploitable.
  • Jasmira
  • Dover19
  • Buggy123
  • Darkblade (adds cheats)
  • Fantasyvn (adds cheats)
  • Devoltz (adds cheats)
  • Tohsak132 (adds cheats)
The map Wilderness Survival WSL is a complete rip-off of one of my previous projects known as Wilderness Survival 4.7e which was broken into. A clan called Wilderness Survival League (WSL) is a community who stole my project without permission, they're notorious for harassing & banning players.

Contents

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT (Map)

Reviews
19:30, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mountain Passage will be added so you will be able to explore I just haven't found the time to terrain yet but yes it will be explorable.

Pet is being removed in 4.1 and will be put on standby for possible rework

Potion properties that you listed sounds like you want to make the game easier, keeping beasts away would allow you to run across the map to the other side with no problems, increasing agility you already have enough dodge and items that provide you with enough dodge I don't see a need to add more agility, night vision is unoriginal for this I have no other comments for this, sensing wildlife you're sorta unclear about this because this could mean several different things but if I were to take a guess at it I would have to disagree and say it's almost like cheating the game.

The idea of metal is overall unoriginal for this kind of play style and it defeats the purpose of the map however that is just my opinion. Metal = Metal helmets, Metal Armor, Metal Swords, all though these do seem like cool ideas my opinion would be to disregard it. There already numerous of items for this factor why add more other than " to waste more time " if you would have to ask then it would be because of " balance " metal is obviously more effective towards other hand crafted items made from the wilderness I don't want to go a step further with gear. I don't see a point in having a ice sword and a metal sword you either design and make 1 of them useless or either equal, if they're equal then what's the point in adding a clone item with a different graphic? If I added metal then you would need a anvil, a furnace, a hammer these kinda things aren't really needed I believe all it would be doing is adding a different approach for " damage " in combat in this case metal as stated above would be more effective which would lead to unbalancing things. I've had a few people that suggested well why don't you make " metal items " take longer to make well that's just it I don't want to make the game drag on or take longer, it's meant to be fast paced so therefor I don't see metal fitting in with Wilderness Survival.

2. fishflakes19

fishflakes19

Resources:
    Resources:
    So we can use bones to tame wolves?

3. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No wolves are no longer tamable.

4. PepeSeSmorio

PepeSeSmorio

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for response. When I suggested those examples for potions, I had in mind a very difficult way to get the ingredients for it and very short duration (like 10 sec max). I'm glad that the mountain is going to be part of the exploring territory. For the metal (let's say iron), I was thinking about guns, not armor or swords(I think, those items don't fit the game) and maybe some tools. For basic iron processing all you need is a strong heat source for melting and a container for casting iron. So from iron ore(or piece) you get iron bar that you can use for crafting guns or tools.
    For the part about originality, i wasn't trying to be. I just mentioned a couple of known abilities that would be useful in this kind of game.:) (some of them could be useful in and out of combat; for example: increased strength could make you hit harder be it animal or a tree;), increased agility could make you hit quicker/dodge better or run faster due to your improved terrain overcoming etc.) You wrote that some effects you already get from equipment, so those, of course, are redundant.
    I have a feeling that you created this map with a different approach and idea then I have about this kind of game. So, whatever you find that is unfitting for your game concept I will respect that. ;)

5. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually that idea sounds interesting just don't get to carried away if I must say. If you can think of a reasonable or "somewhat" realistic of a strong heat source you name it and list details and I will go from there, as for a container where would get one or how would you create it again list details. Overall I cannot guarantee that it will work for this type of map its not easy to tell people "sorry this just wont work" it sorta makes decision making easy on my part because of how I view things but I try my best to keep what players/supporters/fans want and to keep the balance in play.

The original idea was not mine it was Kuulgryphun's but he left the community and I took over the project back in 2007 credits are still given to him for inspiration and main idea overall. I'm not saying that I'm the best choice to pickup for a map like this but I definitely thought it fit my role and taste of what I wanted to create and extend for critical improvements so I went from there and created my own map. Alot of things have been reworked for improvements and new ideas that I created from scratch somethings that Kuul created still exist such as a few items and structures and some however were removed but mostly everything was redone. I accept criticism I want to hear what ideas players might have to offer likes or dislikes it doesn't matter but at the same time I also have to make sure that I keep it balanced and fair to all players.

6. Gigapuddi

Gigapuddi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey guys ,
    at all this map is really awesome and it has been much fun playing it.(great work)
    I got some ideas about the things you are talking about atm
    About the Mountain Passage :

-i think it would be fun to explore it but it would be the death to all new players in this game , with some luck a good player could get the full snowsuit in less then half an hour and together with the double dagger (blink) it would be kinda easy to avoid dangerous animals or monsters in the mountain pass

About Iron :
    -How about a few npcs on eacht side of the map ?
    like a abandoned village with a blacksmith so you could melt the iron if you repair it or you only need to bring some coal ,wood what ever

At then end i just want to ask if you could tell me a little bit about your ideas how to design and make the fishing stuff . Im really interested in which way it should work and what items you could get and make from it.

7. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Daggers will no longer have that they're getting reworked as well as other weapons and the mountain pass will not lead to the other side as I have said...

I don't like the Npc idea or the village it makes survival look easy.

I haven't really got around to it yet its still on the to-do list, it will just be another way to get food

8. dexteritykid1290

dexteritykid1290

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome Map. I hope your open for this crazy yet very interesting idea. I would only like to suggest If you could add side quests or optional quests?.. cuz the game becomes boring after I have completed the weapons and armors (I'm not critisizing the game or anything) I just want it to still become challenging bec the only thing to do after completing the weapons and armors is to kill the opposing team or wait for the game to end.. I would also like to suggest to add a hydra monster (which after killing will drop a defence-type Ultimate Item). like what happens when you kill bigfoot (will grant you an offence-type Ultimate Item). but only one team can have either weapons but not both UI at the same time for one team.

9. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I actually have 3 side quests lined up just not in the game at the moment. I don't want to spoil anything yet 4.1 will probably be another big change as soon as I start on it which I've done very little on it from 4.0 I've been quite "busy" maybe around memorial day I will have the next update complete or sooner but thanks for the feedback.

10. OrochiKira537

OrochiKira537

Resources:
    Resources:
    So where/when do you find Bigfoot?

11. Crisiiii

Crisiiii

Resources:
    Resources:
    What animals can drop leather?

12. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Deer and seals drop hides you will need to clean them then use the drying rack to make it into leather.

13. Crisiiii

Crisiiii

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank ^^.

14. Razvanell

Razvanell

Resources:
    Resources:
    Allowing single-player would be really nice. Great map

15. dexteritykid1290

dexteritykid1290

Resources:
    Resources:
    you should explore the whole map to find bigfoot and some other interesting things..

16. dexteritykid1290

dexteritykid1290

Resources:
    Resources:
    just type (-disable win) to enable single player mode

17. Razvanell

Razvanell

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks

18. BandolXD

BandolXD

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's too nice if you add AI sir !! Umm...

19. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Pretty Good Map and very nice gameplay, but there is no limits for best so keep it up

Suggestions:
    -Add Some more traps
    -Harder Taming for bears like you need to give him 3-6 Meat
    -More Weapons, Like Axes, Daggers etc
    -More Clothing

20. RoguexRanger

RoguexRanger

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you play on west (Lordaeron) and are interested in joining a Wilderness Survival clan, come by Clan TSC.