• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT

JaysProjex Presents

Wilderness Survival
Created by Jay

Map Info

Requires: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne or Reforged

This map originally started in 2005

Wilderness Survival features a 5 versus 5 player base cooperative PvP style game using your skills necessary to survive in this winter-like wilderness. The map also features items that can be gathered & crafted including hunting wild animals & taking down the opposing team before your time (days) run out. If your health drops to 0 you die. If your Heat drops to 0 then you'll start to freeze to death. Keeping your heat up is vital to so you'll need to stay warm. If you die it's not over, your team can still revive you so not all hope is lost.

Free for all & exploration modes included in dialog at the start of the game with many other options to customize your survival experience.

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Kuulgryphun3

Testers

• Hashblade
  • Thorhunter
  • Darkblade121
  • Keith22
  • Espatula
  • NeCrO_OwNeR
  • Putdeksel
  • Outlawz
  • Ilikepie
  • Jesse_James
  • DeadKeepIt
  • FML

Models

• Kitabake
  • Olofmoleman
  • Bisnar13
  • Fearstarter
  • DarkDeathKnight
  • Unclefester
  • Fingolfin
  • Sin'dorei300
  • Sunchips
  • HappyTauren
  • Hammerfist132
  • Ugougo
  • Sellenisko
  • Blood Raven
  • Chilla_Killa
  • WhiteDeath
  • Stonneash

Icons:

• Peekay
  • Kwah
  • Palaslayer
  • NFWar
  • Kimberley
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Lioness
  • OgeRfaces
  • The_Silent
  • L_Lawliet
  • Coinblin
  • D.ee
  • JollyD
  • Anachron

Map Thieves

Map Thieves

Note: These are players who ripped off my work & re-released un-official versions of this map which made them exploitable.

• Jasmira
  • Dover19
  • Buggy123
  • BraveHeroo
  • Darkblade (adds cheats)
  • Fantasyvn (adds cheats)
  • Devoltz (adds cheats)
  • Tohsak132 (adds cheats)
The map Wilderness Survival WSL is a complete rip-off of one of my previous projects known as Wilderness Survival 4.7e which was broken into. A clan called Wilderness Survival League (WSL) is a community who stole my project without permission, they're notorious for harassing & banning players.

Contents

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT (Map)

Reviews
19:30, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 3
Hi, Jay.
Still remember those ice-cold days when i was playing it with my older brother.
Thanks for this map, man!
Everything's changed since then... not possible to do anything with it, you know.
Now i'm studying at the university...

Good ol' days
Thanks again and good luck!

Level 3
so umm.... since its the 28th page i guess killing mammoth for gear to kill the opposite team is a thing but... why is team 2's Mid-
Signal Fire Location located on an unbuildable(orange rock terrain) spot, was it not yet fixed or I just have to build close to it at the nearest snow terrain?...

......am i the only one out there that plays without killing enemies?

unnotable exploits:

-by building these in order:
Hunting stand, tent, Brewery ON THE SAME SPOT makes your enemy have a really hardcore time aiming the hunting stand when you're in it.

-certain warcraft 3 settings or some trigger causes smoke cloud effect to last permanently. Best, cloud fortress, ever.

-ANY, animals will attack building in progress, that is, if you're carrying a bundle of walls and build them around a raccoon thats chasing you, it will change its target priority to hit the building-in-progress until the wall breaks/finished building. Very abuseable on solo-ing mammoth without traps and kiting.

-since wall stake blocks vision, building them infront of your unit after shooting arrows makes the enemy stops charging their weapon at you (besides spear and guns since they're instant)

-Unlimited Tree Sap: Lumberjack kit with 1 log>carve log>chop carved log>combine wood BACK TO LOG>repeat.

-Dual dagger can be used to blink around mammoth isles/ or what some of you called "Lair/Caves", which gives that 1 player to hide somewhere(corners/edges near the rivers) totally undetectable for the whole 3 hours of the game.

-EXPLOSIVE CROSSBOW and DYNAMITE STICK, has been tested by some of my... rivals?... that they WOULD NOT HARM wall stakes when shot/thrown. (other explosive and buildings not tested)

*poofs* before the hype update.

Last edited:
Level 12
Everything mentioned here is way OUT OF DATE, it was updated to 4.8 & put on hold.

- Signal Fires = These were removed awhile ago

- Exploits = Every single system was redesigned in 4.8 to help prevent against abusing & exploitation

- Buildings = This was fixed awhile ago

- Smoke Cloud = Also fixed

- Attack/Progress = Also fixed

- Walls = Had slight rework already

- Unlimited Tree Sap = Also Fixed

- Dual Daggers = *Blink* was removed

- Explosive Crossbow = Also Fixed

Alot of players prefer to play 4.7 to host the game just to "abuse" these types things.

It's been updated but nobody wants to update, after awhile I got tired & became less motivated because of how 4.7 was presented.
It was a awful design, it was just a concept of on-going systems that I wanted to test giving players the opportunity to play on a public beta release.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide any more information to you about 4.7 because I no longer support this version.

Level 3
nice update
-tree sap is hardly an issue anymore
-clicking any other units stops your survivor from doing anything (chopping trees/walking/etc.)
-Barrel (Timber) will select any other unit with slot, making it unable to be purchased unless you manually [Select User] with the barrel back to your survivor.
-not sure when, a few Structure Chopping Log and Tool Kit spawns at the middle of the map.
-certain units might have bugged aggresiveness where it only stands still and not attack.
-not sure about other, mace crafted initially would be set as Dual Weapon, Salvaging it would make it single-handed, or make a new one while holding it.
-Firebrew can make charcoal,ashes and staff for free, can be packed and rebuild to restore health.
-Hunting stand starts with 20 mp after loading survivor

So much unreleased contents... so much rework...

Level 9
This map is awesome ! I Hope the new version coming soon ! Also thank all the people who made the tutorials on youtube. Is it a good idea making a tutorials and put them to the description? I think people will see the cool stuffs they can do in this map and they will try it, and your map will become more populary !?

Level 12
I wish it was better

TL:DR Version 3.0 was better

The current map (4.8) has too many little things that don't work, some of the icons don't do anything and most of it is confusing with the formatting of text is just poorly done. Some things even display "Message not found" error, makes it really annoying. And what is with the deers CONSTANTLY running away, can't even get close to them. In 3.0 the map had simple explanations in F9 screen, and was overall a lot more fun and simpler, this one has no explanation, the extra models are really unnecessary and just increase the map size. And after crafting armor (boots,gloves), there were nowhere to be found, i got +10 mana and no info that I did anything, with the materials gone.

I will be sticking to 3.0 Wilderness Survival, great map.

Level 2
hi guys, i enjoyed the older versions of wilderness survival.. but 1 question, i downloaded this 4.8 and put it in my maps folder to play it with a friend. but it does not appear anywhere when i want to host it....

what to do there?

sorry for being noobish as ****

Level 12
hi guys, i enjoyed the older versions of wilderness survival.. but 1 question, i downloaded this 4.8 and put it in my maps folder to play it with a friend. but it does not appear anywhere when i want to host it....

what to do there?

sorry for being noobish as ****

The map name is probably too long, just rename the map to something smaller and it should appear.

Level 3
Hello, author. You've probably forgotten me and my eternal gratitude. Nevertheless, I'd like to remind you that I'm still alive to some extent and so much thankful for your masterpiece that I used to play with my brothers. Those days were my favorite Q(^,^Q) Many thanks for giving me that opportunity to unite us during that dimly lighted time.
Good luck!

Level 7
I personally prefer 4.7, not due to bugs but because it is more recognizable to play with.
ps: I just started really playing wilderness survival since yesterday, and it we have gone as far as getting into mammoth cave and get the moonlight sword. (version 4.7)

4.8 surely have too much of rework that it looks completely different from before.
Too many new items came out, and players are stunned don't know what to collect to begin with.
The icons were different as well so it's like starting over.
It seems like there's a lot of unreleased content too, which makes the game possibly harder?
I might try playing 4.8 and see if it is good to adapt.

Attachments

• Moonlight sword .w3g
    706.1 KB · Views: 48
Level 1
I'm a CN player.I love 4.7c version very much and it was translated to CN.
4.7ver has a lot of bugs like put spear that has not been lighted into the bucket can get another spear.
and put the trunk into the bucker can get the charcoal.....but it provides more material...
Use Explosive crossbow and move immediately makes the damage=0
I am sorry to tell you that only 50 person love to play this map and we build an exchange group IN CN
we are all Technology idiot and poor in English...so ver 4.8 not has CN ver now...
I know the map is locked,but would you mind give me the unlocked 4.7 c version so that
I can create a shop in map and get equipment which made me practice the battle part(i'd apreciated that if you can help me add the shop and give me the locked map the shop can buy everything and placed int the born place)
my email [email protected] if not is OK.
I wish this map get more popular in CN and get 4.8CN ver earlyer(one CN big-god love this map and do it)
best wishes

Level 7
@RAY KALI
4.7ver has a lot of bugs like put spear that has not been lighted into the bucket can get another spear.
and put the trunk into the bucker can get the charcoal.....but it provides more material...
Use Explosive crossbow and move immediately makes the damage=0
I am sorry to tell you that only 50 person love to play this map and we build an exchange group IN CN
we are all Technology idiot and poor in English...so ver 4.8 not has CN ver now...
I know the map is locked,but would you mind give me the unlocked 4.7 c version so that
I can create a shop in map and get equipment which made me practice the battle part(i'd apreciated that if you can help me add the shop and give me the locked map the shop can buy everything and placed int the born place)
my email [email protected] if not is OK.
I wish this map get more popular in CN and get 4.8CN ver earlyer(one CN big-god love this map and do it)
best wishes

nobody will give you a full unprotected map for game-training purpose. It is more suspicious that you might steal the map and revamp into a full chinese version of the game, which the author does not want, hence why he protected his map. I'll translate in Chinese for you.
他不会给你地图原件的,更何况你的用途是练习这就更不可能,因为这有盗图的风险,这也是为什么作者要保护地图

The post is translated so that the fellow can understand.. but his english seems pretty good in terms of understanding

Last edited:
Level 1
...but if he is kind he can revise the map and send to me....what I want is pretty simple(i'd apreciated that if you can help me add the shop and give me the locked map the shop can buy everything and placed int the born place) if not is ok
and ver 4.8 ver4.7 are very diffrent some maper may like to give the old unlocked ver
like dota 6.61ver 6.59ver
and thank you give me the CNver。。。。are you Cn?mdzz
map makers who protect their map may not be kind in this aspect. Since when they protect it, it hinders development and author chose to protects rights.

Level 7
...but if he is kind he can revise the map and send to me....what I want is pretty simple(i'd apreciated that if you can help me add the shop and give me the locked map the shop can buy everything and placed int the born place) if not is ok
and ver 4.8 ver4.7 are very diffrent some maper may like to give the old unlocked ver
like dota 6.61ver 6.59ver
and thank you give me the CNver。。。。are you Cn?mdzz
keep your hopes low.
This author is not supportive of playing older versions, or encouraging playing older versions, you would know if you actually read the posts before this.

And the chance of getting the author's map, is either you crack it and steal it, or keep playing 4.7 which is the translated version you have.
I am chinese, I play English maps & korean maps.

Level 1
keep your hopes low.
This author is not supportive of playing older versions, or encouraging playing older versions, you would know if you actually read the posts before this.

And the chance of getting the author's map, is either you crack it and steal it, or keep playing 4.7 which is the translated version you have.
I am chinese, I play English maps & korean maps.

ok all right I didn't expect too much....you know you compose the equipment about 1 hour
and then was killed by another player the game is over...this why i want to add the shop and practive battle part
OK expecting your 4.8CN ver thank you

Level 7
ok all right I didn't expect too much....you know you compose the equipment about 1 hour
and then was killed by another player the game is over...this why i want to add the shop and practive battle part
OK expecting your 4.8CN ver thank you
in 4.7 you can team up together, use -exploration mode
you don't have to battle

Level 1
in 4.7 you can team up together, use -exploration mode
you don't have to battle

you did't catch the point. we like battle 5 vs 5, but you take one hour to compose the equipment
then was killed and can't revival this mean you practive the battle part only one time.
if you want to practice , you must wait for the next game and re-compose the equipment.
it's a compromised idea that let the opponent revive you or let opponent don't kill you let you teammate
revive you and you pick up the equipment and then PK again but it sounds not very realistic
i want practice use Hunting stand crossbow and trap... many things.. practice battle part!
i know compose the equipment is fun, but 1 hour really mean a lot to me if i only want to practice
the battle part. so the shop can buy everything solve the porblem perfectly....

Level 7
you did't catch the point. we like battle 5 vs 5, but you take one hour to compose the equipment
then was killed and can't revival this mean you practive the battle part only one time.
if you want to practice , you must wait for the next game and re-compose the equipment.
it's a compromised idea that let the opponent revive you or let opponent don't kill you let you teammate
revive you and you pick up the equipment and then PK again but it sounds not very realistic
i want practice use Hunting stand crossbow and trap... many things.. practice battle part!
i know compose the equipment is fun, but 1 hour really mean a lot to me if i only want to practice
the battle part. so the shop can buy everything solve the porblem perfectly....
yeah yeah, you wanna make surviving in the wilderness be like I can buy all my ingredients in the wild, and not make them myself because im rich. Rich life be like I don't work I just buy buy buy

Level 1
yeah yeah, you wanna make surviving in the wilderness be like I can buy all my ingredients in the wild, and not make them myself because im rich. Rich life be like I don't work I just buy buy buy
like dota has a -test mode it made player get familar with the game it can provide money and refresh the cd

Level 7
wilderness coop, is not balanced enough to do that. it is also, lacking equipment to do that. It is also, however, not necessary to do that.

Level 1
wilderness coop, is not balanced enough to do that. it is also, lacking equipment to do that. It is also, however, not necessary to do that.
that's your way ,but stand in the new-player's shoes(like me) i think it's necessarry.
IN CN few people play this because it's too dificult to begin ,to cross the threshold.
they entry the game and don't know where to begin then die and leave the game
if the maper can provide more mode(provide light energy equipment ) like dota ,and help them play it
I think they will finally love this map
The more dificult , have more fun, provide more mode, get more familar

Level 12
no no no no make is one thing battle is another thing

Basically he wants a shop so that players don't need to reach end game by collecting items, I understand what you mean but I no longer support older versions of the map.

Nobody likes 4.8 I get it but it was also left unfinished so keep that in mind, on my spare time I work on it but players are so glued to 4.7 that it makes it difficult to discuss anything about 4.8.

People keep asking for a better fixed up version of 4.7 that's what they suggest, it doesn't help the development of 4.8 while I'm trying to move forward, there is alot of cool things about 4.8 that hasn't even been polished enough to really show what it's capable of.

4.7 is broken, I can't go back to it because it would require so many fixes & I'd be asking myself why didn't I just start over, which is what I did for 4.8 only I improvised it & consolidated alot of things.

get more familar

You got familiar with the wrong versions, 4.7 was a forming of concepts, it wasn't suppose to be the final.

I can't work on something that I don't enjoy, 4.7 was not something I enjoyed.

I didn't translate it so it must have been tampered with, any maps that go through that process are considered non-official maps. It also hurts the community because I cannot base changes off of non-official versions of the map, that means whoever tampered with the map could have added whatever else they wanted like "cheat codes" and if it gets reported it causes confusion.

to give the old unlocked ver

Not going to happen, sorry.

Final thoughts:

Anytime 4.8 is brought up before a update is even committed, people claim it to be bad & poorly done, they're calling it bad before it's updated or finished.

I want to move forward but nobody else wants to, I even had plans to make videos on how much better wildy has improved & even how to play it but nobody wants to move away from 4.7.

4.7 is not a good version, it's the most played because it was the last version that nearly had everything working (still buggy but working) it got so bad that players took advantage of all the bugs in the game & players left because experienced players took advantage of them, leaving no room for new players.

Level 12
what was.. buggy?

I have no recollection of it as I've long most past it, I can't sit here & name off everything when days later someone asks the same questions again. My simple answer is (everything about 4.7 was bugged)
It had alot of problems & it wasn't just a simple fix, I didn't like some of the concepts about 4.7 anyways, they were unrealistic & not very challenging at all.

Level 12
Hey Jay I was testing your map and realized you used the FireBallHit icon made by me and forgot to put it into credits!

My apologies, I went ahead & edited that in for ya, appreciate it & great icons by the way!

Edit: Also pressing CTRL + C ingame will unlock the camera, is that on purpose?

Unlocking the camera comes with Warcraft III it's not something that can really be helped.

Although if you're referring to the revival system I haven't completed the cam lock system yet. The revival is one of the most complicated systems because there's more to it than what meets the eye. The old system was buggy & forced players that were revived still locked & made it frustrating, as a result they didn't have a choice so they had to leave the game. (The new system is much more accurate & haven't had any issues so far)

There's still a debug command encase you do end up getting bugged but it requires player (Red) or (Orange) to activate the following command: "-reset" (without quotes)

Once activated any player can type "-reset" (without quotes) to reset their camera. If that doesn't work then player red can type "-reset flush" (without quotes) & forces all players cameras to reset.

Last edited:
Level 3
hey man nice map really loves it but I really need to know the purposes of kits!!!! I made a TOOL kit and as it says storage I presumes it would store up my knife and axe but sadly..... that did not happen!! so I thought I stored pelts or hides but nothing I mean it stores nothing and is a complete waste to carry since my knife can skin pelts and provide bonus attack if the other kits serve no function or if this is a bug then please fix cause I love these kinds of maps and it ruins the experience.

PS:IF THERE IS ANOTHER USE F KITS THEN PLEASE DO TELL WHAT DO THEY DO ESPECIALLY THE TOOL KIT.

EDIT: FOUND A BUG WHERE UNSEEABLE FOG WN'T GO AWAY AFTER DAY 6 OR SOMETHING AND I HAD WAITED 3 DAYS FOR ITTO CLEAR BUT NTHING HAPPENED SO I QUIT GAME

Last edited:
Level 12
hey man nice map

If you have questions please use the contact information provided in the map description... I'm less active here.

Tool Kit is needed for making some recipes, it's not really a storage anymore it use to work differently.

It's not really a waste of space since you have 18 slots, you can just leave it in one of the other bags & it will still function. The latest video I posted on facebook shows this.

As far as I know there is no fog that makes the game unseeable, however there is fog during a snow storm that slightly makes it harder to see. Since the weather system is randomly generated it's possible to get it 3 times in a row but very unlikely.

Level 3
Man thanks for the reply and many more for the extremely quick reply!!!
sure I will look at it and thanks for the help.
by the way you said "its not a storage anymore" can you elaborate please as to what it was intended for before if you want to only.

Level 12
There were a few different concepts, tool box is no longer needed as a storage simply because it already does that without needing to pack & unpack. I came up with a better idea which is what it is now & it works the way it's intended at the cost of 1 inventory slot. That's the whole reason why I introduced 18 slots, bags are used for storage now.

Level 2
This survival map is quite enjoyable! There are far less bugs on the 4.8 version, although I already expected that. i.e. the tool kit doesn't do what it's supposed to do unlike on the 4.8 version it just gets in the way of the inventory, once you loaded a saved game backpacks 2 & 3 becomes inaccessible, there are times you can't make a campfire on daylight etc. I'm still waiting for the next update to tweak these bugs. I hope it goes sooner! :)

Level 2
There were a few different concepts, tool box is no longer needed as a storage simply because it already does that without needing to pack & unpack. I came up with a better idea which is what it is now & it works the way it's intended at the cost of 1 inventory slot. That's the whole reason why I introduced 18 slots, bags are used for storage now.
I didn't know that the tool kit thing was intentional.

Level 12
Once you loaded a saved game backpacks 2 & 3 becomes inaccessible

If it breaks the gameplay there's not much I could do about it.

There are times you can't make a campfire on daylight etc. I'm still waiting for the next update to tweak these bugs. :)

This is not a bug, this is intended to happen because of the new weather effect system that was implemented in 4.9.

Last edited:
Not here for drama. I was browsing through my resources usage via the hive's tool and I found your map for 4-5 of my models and some of my icons like the green book. I'm not enforcing credit, I was wondering if it actually uses my resources, because that would be cool to see a map using them, and I wasn't sure how well the tool works.

I tried playing the map to see if it does actually have my stuff in it but I couldn't figure out how to progress in single player and I gave up, though you do have a really nice concept from what I read. If I do find any features that inspire me from your works I'll be sure to mention in the top, but really, the only survival map I liked and played is Jungle trolls reborn (this is only my opinion it doesn't say anything about the actual maps) and I contacted the developers a couple years ago to get access to their protected map for inspiration.

I do wish we can handle things more professionally and maturely in this community in the future. Cheers and good luck on your map.

Edit: I've also never really made a survival map, But I have started some projects that never got past the terrain and a GUI triggers put it, and that was years ago, I don't understand where all this is coming from.

Edit: it was in 2013, I found the thread. [Defense / Survival] - Forest Trolls Dynasty

there is literary nothing pulled from your map, I didnt even know about your map at the time.