• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Wilderness Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
<=[Wilderness Arena]=>

This is the "progress report" thread for my map Wilderness Arena. The brainstorming/idea thread is located here. In this thread I will post what I have done so far, what I plan to do and come the time when I have finished enough to release an alpha/beta or even a final, that will be posted here as well.
If you want to know what the hell this map is all about, I suggest you take a look at the idea thread.

So here is what I've done so far:

Terrain:
- Hero Selection Area
-

Triggers:
- Successfully imported emjlr3's Attribute System
- Successfully imported Rheias' Recipe System
- Successfully imported Tukki's Item Ability System
- Successfully imported Vexorian's CSSafety (for attribute system)
-

Object Data:
- Begun working on heroes
- Begun working on items
-

And here is what I plan to do next:

Terrain:
- Mountain Peak Area
- Foothills Area

Triggers:
- Begin making a gameplay system
- Begin making a hero system
- Begin making an "AI" for the wildlife

Object Data:
- More heroes
- More items
- Wildlife

Item Previews!

• Jungle Hunting Mask: A scary-looking mask worn by tribal huntsmen in the rainforest, used to scare the ferocious beasts they hunt so they don't fight back. Grants a -25% damage aura that affects nearby enemies in the Jungle area.
  • Elkskin Boots: The typical footwear for a huntsman on the plains, these boots allow you to run quickly and comfortably... assuming you don't step on anything sharp! Grants a move speed bonus in the Grassland area.
  • Swamp Galoshes: Hardened, sealed, leather boots that keep out most of the water. Removes the movement speed penalty from Rough Terrain (swamp, mountains) and the chance of getting Foot Disease in the Swamp area.
  • Hunting Knife: A simple knife that allows you to hunt... among other things. Grants a +3 damage melee attack and the ability to skin animals. Knives and daggers do not cost energy to attack with.

Screenshots!

Right now the terrain isn't so good, but it's just temporary until I get some custom models in there. This is the hero selection area (without heroes...)
Screenshots
WA1.jpgwa2.jpgwa3.jpgwa5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.