• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Widgetizer not working anymore...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi. I tried an old trick to make a small mod for WarCraft III which includes my units. I used program called "Widgetizer" to cut units from my map, and make changes happen in the whole game (executable mpq file). Sadly it seems that it's not working anymore, because when I'm trying to launch my custom mpq, game won't let my choose race, the whole label there is empty! Does someone has a solution for this? It's not working anymore? Please, answer as fast as you can.

How exactly are you doing that?

If the race labels are empty before you launch the map in W3, that has nothing to do with the widgetizer but with framedef (.fdf) files. So your custom .mpq has not only units modified but also other files.
Also, .mpq isn't an executable but an archive file like .rar or .zip. I hardly see how you can execute it.

Please detail the steps of your method, where you put your custom .mpq file and what name it has.

Level 3
How exactly are you doing that?

If the race labels are empty before you launch the map in W3, that has nothing to do with the widgetizer but with framedef (.fdf) files. So your custom .mpq has not only units modified but also other files.
Also, .mpq isn't an executable but an archive file like .rar or .zip. I hardly see how you can execute it.

Please detail the steps of your method, where you put your custom .mpq file and what name it has.

Pretty simple.

1. Open editor, and make your changes in races.
2. Save map.
3. Open Widgetizer, and then - open your map with it.
4. Program will decode stuff, and make your own mpq executable file (like this you can make thanks to MPQDraw).

Also, as I told before that method was functioning some time ago, so it can't be thanks to the program that it is not working anymore. I bet that's some of the patches that broke some modding systems (so game won't open custom files like that anymore without some hacking). Otherwise, I have no idea, that's why I wanted someone to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.