• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why write "+rep"?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
here's a random little rant for ye

what is the purpose of writing "+ rep" ? If you gave rep, the person you gave it to knows. writing + rep, does not make him any more grateful of getting rep. whats the point of publicly announcing it? is it to show future helpers that you are generous with rep? is anyone here really that re driven? WHY???

thank you, you have been a wonderful audience.
good afternoon, good evening and good night.

upload_2020-6-24_1-24-33.jpeg

It might be to stress the appreciation.

I would not find it annoying, if it happens below a good answer in a concrete question, in maybe the HelpForums/ or your Submission. Thread started about your personal topic, and you can show that this one post was definitely very helpful for a personal issue. Others can see it. (not necessary, but can be legit)

It would be less good in public discussions, that if someone makes a good point, others reply to it with "Thanks, good point. +rep". It might be common sense not to do it, but it's just to get the difference. ( Though it could be kind of funny, when I think about it):peasant-jaw-drop:

Level 21
It might be to stress the appreciation.

I would not find it annoying, if it happens below a good answer in a concrete question, in maybe the HelpForums/ or your Submission. Thread started about your personal topic, and you can show that this one post was definitely very helpful for a personal issue. Others can see it. (not necessary, but can be legit)

It would be less good in public discussions, that if someone makes a good point, others reply to it with "Thanks, good point. +rep". It might be common sense not to do it, but it's just to get the difference. ( Though it could be kind of funny, when I think about it):peasant-jaw-drop:

Thanks, good point. +rep

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Status
Not open for further replies.