• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

just a little rant....if you dont care dont ready lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I really get P***ed off reading comments. Why are people so mean? I mean there are some supportive and constructive people out there but most you you guys just post stuff like "THIS IS CRAP IM GONNA KILL U" and stuff like that you know what i mean. There are real people behind the names on here you know just trying to have fun.

So anyways thats my little rant had to do it sometime.

ps. this is the best resourse site i have ever been to for any modding community but im sorry to say that most peoples general attitude is the worst.

pps. before anyone starts I mod for morrowind and neverwinter nights if you want examples of other modding communities.

Level 13
Zazzadar said:
blah blah.
i never seen something like a "THIS IS CRAP IM GONNA TO KILL YOU", but anyway, if a regular commenter happens to say that, the skin most likely deserves it. its the submitter's fault if he submits horrid skins, he should, before submitting, take a look at the skins we might have here, and then judge after his survey if he should submit his skin or not.
we have all different opinions and manners to express it, but as long as its not flaming, i dont see any trouble.

Level 3
I know what you mean wormskull. But some people here are just little kids. And i do get quite offended by some people. "never post again noob" and stuff like that is offensive to me although not directed at me it still find it a bit mean.

But yeh like i said it was jsut my little rant lol

Oh and Afronight_76 yeh im wondering that too :)

But i am pleasantly supprised i got mature responses lol mabey this site isnt so bad....

Level 21
I know this problem. I personally have a guy Wormskull who frequently... :wink: (JOKE !!!)
No, to be serious, I think some people dont take modder's work as it must be take. I think every1 must moderate himself what he write, and always give tips to improve.

Level 7
uuh... uuuuh! yeah! made it before lock! So, lemme see; a comment like "OMFG THIS IS CRAP I'M GONNA KILL YOU" is not a way to express one self in this community when judging and commenting skins - ya'self had said it so, Wormie Shormie Skullie Wullie, you said, very agreable, that one need arguementation and lit some light as to how the skin is bad.

But lets dig into the discussion; If its bad - its bad, and often even the skinner (or modder or whatever) should be able to see this, and either only have the skin out as a draft, which s/he needs help to finish - but as this very often is not the case, s/he should simply not post it. BECAUSE, it appears that it becomes more of matter of quantity than quality - which is tiresome, and dull and boring and stupid! And people who has a tendency not realize that they should either update or finish a skin, those people needs to be told off!

Obviously, people who need to rise and "appear" more gifted as commenters and/or moderators, but has absolutely no brain capacity to contain the amount of words associated with judging and commenting what-so-ever, and besides lacks all creativity and modding potential. Those people are often going to say bitchy stuff like "omfg noob, die mod-sinner-badmouth-foulsmell-crackedup-wannabe-noobass-moron" and you really should just ignore it, as GreyArchon beautifully states (good job mate, very nice "pad pad")

ps. eh? a Morrowind moderating forum? where??? OO;; I dig that!

Level 3
I could not agree more, Zazzadar; A lot of people's comments here are quite vitriolic. There are also often totally misjudging.

its the submitter's fault if he submits horrid skins, he should, before submitting, take a look at the skins we might have here, and then judge after his survey if he should submit his skin or not.

A quite logical and just judgment, Wormskull! Anyone who lacks in talent or persistency deserves to be hurt, frustrated and incensed.

I strongly doubt that any resource here should be considered as "horrid".

we have all different opinions and manners to express it, but as long as its not flaming, i dont see any trouble.

Any pejorative language use is forbidden in these boards.

And i do get quite offended by some people. "never post again noob" and stuff like that is offensive to me although not directed at me it still find it a bit mean.

I would not consider that as blown over. In fact, I fully agree; Some members of this forum are acrimonious, foolish and arrogant enough to pretend to have the right to condemn other members, mainly, I assume, because they express their opinion.

But lets dig into the discussion; If its bad - its bad, and often even the skinner (or modder or whatever) should be able to see this, and either only have the skin out as a draft, which s/he needs help to finish - but as this very often is not the case, s/he should simply not post it. BECAUSE, it appears that it becomes more of matter of quantity than quality - which is tiresome, and dull and boring and stupid! And people who has a tendency not realize that they should either update or finish a skin, those people needs to be told off!

The visitors of this site are not only offended because their resources are bad. In fact, they are often offended if their resources are not flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.