• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mecheon Rants: NWN Patch 1.68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I may complain about the number of flamewars you guys get into, whilst simultaniously complaining about the large number who come in here without reading a single thing ("NO REQUESTS IN THE MODELS FORUM" for instance), but the thing that amazes me is that there is always worse

GATHER ROUND KIDDIES, TIME FOR MECHEON RANTING

The game? Neverwinter Nights
The forum? Official Bioware
The problem? Patch 1.68

NWN has an armour system. You equip armour, you have armour displayed on your character. However, for most of this game's 5 year long period, the game lacked cloaks, despite having cloaks as an item. So people made some sometimes-shoddy, othertimes good cloaks

So Bioware, somehow due to a custom content group they hired via a NDA to do things for NWN, add in the ability to have these cloaks displayed. And they are displayed quite well, animate correctly and look much better than the old ones

Here comes the problem. The forums go beserk, demanding this function to be removed, even taking cracks at the developers of the game for adding this in. You know why? Because they're a bunch of stupid honking idiots who kept breaking the system that they were trying to use and thus were attempting to remove it for everyone

My opinion? Ungrateful swine should shut there yaps. I'm going to get back at them all in my own way by modifying their former cloaks to be used by the new system and attempting to get the biggest custom content group to add it to there files and thus force the community to change to the proper method as specified by the damn people who make the game (Long story. NWN and custom content requires a lot more work that "Import model, change path, done"

This is not a carefully structured peace of prose. This would have no been acceptable for my English exam today

Yes, I am well aware I am a month too late. However, I found a topic relating to this on the Bioware forums and had to vent

Goddammit, if DDNGW can make a news topic about Scientology, I can make a rant topic in the off-topic forum.

Level 9
BWHAHAHAHAHA!AHAHAHA!hahaha...ha....ehem...

ANYWAY

Nice rant, I feel for ya mech.

And, @Werewulf: So much for leaving the "teir" crappieness of Wc3... hehe....

Status
Not open for further replies.