• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Why would an enemy attack cancel chanelling spell ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have a spell on one of the heroes for my map that requires channeling, and it's been working fine but I just realized today that if you are attacked while channeling the spell, the hero stops channeling (and thus cant cast the spell if being attacked while channeling).

Any reason that this is happening with this spell and no other spell that also requires channeling in my map ?

Really confused !

Level 5
Test it out.

Give your unit another channeling spell (Starfall, maybe) and order the enemy to attack it. If the unit stops channeling as well, then it's not the spell problem. It's got to do with the enemy attacking issue. Perhaps there's some trigger involved here.

Try different things like different enemy attack, different unit casting the channeling spell etc. You'll find the correct combination and source the problem.

It's gonna be a bit tedious. This is, after all, troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.