• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why we don't have egyptian models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Someone can explain me???

Modelers, i do my call. I will give +rep and credits to anyone to anyone who gives me an Egyptian model useful for a custom race, as long as it is not related to undead or mummies. There are models of those. Sadly, there were people alive in Ancient Egypt.

In addition, I would love to "hire" a modeler experienced by many rep and majority credit (as co-creator). I do not expect them to join anything, so if you have questions about what I'm doing, PM, please.

I don't know so much about the rep. system. I know how to add rep points, but I do not know how to give more than just one.

Level 14
Someone can explain me???

Modelers, i do my call. I will give +rep and credits to anyone to anyone who gives me an Egyptian model useful for a custom race, as long as it is not related to undead or mummies. There are models of those. Sadly, there were people alive in Ancient Egypt.

In addition, I would love to "hire" a modeler experienced by many rep and majority credit (as co-creator). I do not expect them to join anything, so if you have questions about what I'm doing, PM, please.

I don't know so much about the rep. system. I know how to add rep points, but I do not know how to give more than just one.
I did see infrenus working on some Ancient Egyptian models, however they aren't released yet, take a look at them: Fantasy Egyptian dudes | HIVE

Last edited:
Level 11
I need both. The normal and living units would be basic units (basic lackey, basic spellcaster, basic archer, etc.) and some mythological units would be more advanced units, such as advanced spellcaster, flying unit, demolition unit, etc..
In fact, even in AoM, the disposition of units is similar, being at the beginning the use of normal soldiers (soldiers that could even exist in AoE) and, for advanced stages, units of mythology. The problem is that I do not find Egyptian units of either of the two groups.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
That's fair. And sounds cool.

One of the best ways to get help in stuff like this is to Be Specific & Be Expressive. For the first, write a list of all the stuff you want, as specifically as possible (even if that's just "living standard ranged infantry, bow/sling/javelin?"). For the second, paint a picture with words; tell the story of the unit you are looking to craft, to inspire others (particularly artists) to see your vision. Pictures & concept art can go a long way for this.

Level 11
Well
I need a total of 14 models, to do a Egyptian race.
I think some like:
1. Egyptian swordfighter. First unit of the race, fight with a khopesh, and use this weapon to try to disarm the enemy. The khopesh is an extremely curved sword, made just for that purpose. Therefore, I will need a normal attack animation and an attack slam animation, in which I make an elaborate movement to hook the enemy's weapon. The idea is that this unit would have the skill "disarm" that grants a 15% chance to take the weapon from the enemy, making it unable to attack for 3 seconds.
Archer: Basic ranged unit. Here things are simple. An archer with a ancient egypt style. No skills here. This is'nt the ultimate archer
Battle chariot: A egyptian chariot with two soldiers on It. It can be moved by Scorpions, or whatever. In the front of the chariot, an unarmed Egyptian would pull the reins, with the spell animation being the same soldier pulling even stronger, temporarily increasing the speed. To the side of the car, an archer equal to the previous unit would shoot occupying the attack animation, and, if possible, attack slam
Serket son: first unit of the spellcaster structure. A new archee, with a different bow (an arch of threatening aspect, almost as created with parts of an insect, the same color as the scorpion that I will mention soon), mounted in a giant scorpion. The attack animation would be of the archer. The scorpion would only attack with its sting in the attack slam animation. In case there is curiosity, the son of Serket has the probability of 20% of poisoning the enemy with his scorpion, causing for 3 seconds damage equal to 5 + 5 * seconds elapsed (10/15/20 = total of 45 damage). I also need a spell animation in which the archer stands up and raises his arms, as if worshiping Serket, and the scorpion may also raise his claws. This ability would temporarily invoke several individual scorpions with poisoned weapon.
Speaker of Ra: specialized spellcaster. It is'nt hard. Spell animation. Spell chanel animation. Etc. The model... Egyptian priest in armor somewhat bright, with the weapons of Pharaoh (staff and three-pronged whip.
Soldier of Tot: Support spellcaster. This can change, so just dont do this.
Flying units:
Nothing nothing. In this section I accept recommendations. There are several possibilities, but I do not decide.
Ultimate unit. Prepare yourself...
Eye of Apophis:
the perfect union between a mortal and the incarnation of chaos and destruction, the serpent Apophis (at this point many differ. The data say that apophis is both a serpent and a crocodile, and it is not known what the true opinion was. I think a snake is better, so I'll use that) A simple ascended mortal, with the ability to represent the most chaotic forces ....
For the model I would like to be surprised. It must have an Egyptian style, but at the same time look dark and threatening. It must be kept in mind that, in Ancient Egypt, black is not the color of evil, but red. Red would be taken to its most terrifying, most chaotic expression.
This unit would have powerful statistics, but also better skills.
Destruction: Summons chaos around the summoner, damaging nearby enemy units in gravity, and creating random snakes and scorpions, 10-second units. This ability can be active continuously, but, instead of subtracting mana, subtracts points of life. This skill requires a spell chanel that does not interfere with walking.
Dark Exchange: Activates to spend 200 mana points and earn 150 life points. Spell animation
Chaotic force: Passive ability. The Eye of Apophis does not regenerate mana. This ability allows you to obtain 50 mana each time a unit is killed, either enemy or allied.
Incarnation of Evil: Sacrifice the Eye of Apophis to invoke Apophis for 25 seconds. The Apophis model would be a giant and threatening Cobra, if possible, with scales and reddish eyes. This would occupy the death animation and a special effect that I will add with the trigger.
Apophis is an enormously powerful unit of three abilities.
A special version of Destruction that is permanent and does not spend impact points.
Chaos disease: Aura that damages nearby enemy and living organic units, causing 10 damage per second in an area of 1000.
Destabilize the Maat: This has 25 seconds of CD, so it can only be activated once. Produce an explosion that causes extreme damage to any nearby enemy unit, and summon 10 snakes of 5 seconds duration. After five seconds, it causes a lightning strike in the center of the effect area, which seriously damages any unit in a range of 100. This ability is of selected area.
Note: I know that this unit looks like something OP, but it is extremely difficult to use, and it would have a really high price (I think of 12 food, 1100 gold and 350 wood).

And what are we missing here? The heroes. The problem is that I have not thought about them yet, so for now, these models are not missing.

Also, any structure model useful for the Ancient egypt style wil be very grateful

Last edited:
Level 11
Mmmmm... Useful. Thanks you, but I need some more... Simple but monumental. In ancient Egypt the structures were made of few materials, and tended to greatness and gigantism for monuments, squares, palaces and places of worship, but to the simplicity of dwellings. The houses were large and shared by large numbers of people, something similar to the style of ancient Arab structures (I do not know the current Arab structures).
A link: Arquitectura del Antiguo Egipto - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre.
Sorry for the spanish language, but... Hey! Your links were in russian!

Level 5
Status
Not open for further replies.