• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Why the items positions at the shop random?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
because all of the positions are at 0, 0. the game works around that and places them in random slots. here are the positions for all button slots (from thehelper.net).

uniteditor1.jpg

Level 23
Guys you don't understand? i'm telling it's not shows as i ordered. Some of the vendors and some of the items randomly placing...

Are you adding your items to the shop via trigger?
Is your shop tagged/or has the same sell item ability as the Neutral Marketplace?

If you said yes to either, there's your problem.

Level 9
you do know that if you could try to rephrase your sentences, we could help you solve your problem faster, right?
as of the moment, my current understanding of your problem is that you want the items to always be in specific places in all shops, but the button positions are all 0, 0, so they all end up in random spots for each shop.

Level 25
Go to the object editor -> Items. Create a custom item, right below the Abilities - Abilties tab is a Art - Button Position(X) and Art - Button Position(Y).

Try changing these to what you want your items to be placed at.
I added a map if you want to see it in action.

The image that Light posted shows the positions.
uniteditor1.jpg

Attachments

• MaievsBarrow.w3x
    122.5 KB · Views: 42
Level 17
my current understanding of your problem is that you want the items to always be in specific places in all shops, but the button positions are all 0, 0, so they all end up in random spots for each shop.

No. 0 0 means items are orders as you listed.

Go to the object editor -> Items. Create a custom item, right below the Abilities - Abilties tab is a Art - Button Position(X) and Art - Button Position(Y).

Try changing these to what you want your items to be placed at.
I added a map if you want to see it in action.

The image that Light posted shows the positions.
uniteditor1.jpg
I already told i know solve the problem with button positions but it's rpg map and same items separated few shops. I can't use button positions

Anyway guys forgot what i'm asked. Sorry for taking your time.

Level 13
Oh I see what he's asking.

He has 3 shops, each has Potion of Mana in the Sell List. Potion of Mana is in 1,1.

In shop 1, there's an item that sits in 1,1 too called Potion of Healing. This is conflicting with Potion of Mana now.

In shop 2, there's an item in 0, 1 called Potion of Earth. This poses no problem. But there's buttons in every spot. If he changes Potion of Mana to 0,1 or 0,2 to avoid the conflict, the buttons will get mixed up in this shop but corrected in the other.

So how do you order the items individually for each shop?

I would suggest duplicating the item and giving it a new button. Sucks, but that's the easiest work around.

Otherwise, you could play with the triggers that add and remove shop items from a shops stock.

Level 22
Look on the order of items in the Shop's Item Sold of Object Editor. Go to the Unit that is selling the Items and find Item Sold.

If all items have the same button position, then this will determine their position at the shop.

145837d1433292626-why-items-positions-shop-random-item-sold.jpg

Scroll of Town Portal - 0,0
Boots of Speed - 1,0
Dust of Appearance - 2, 0

Attachments

• item sold.JPG
    item sold.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 171
Level 17
Guys it's funny i don't know but i even deleted and created new shop + deleted and created new item but it starts to random again.

New items, new vendor and still some of the shops started to shuffle.

I really really thank you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.