1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Extremely odd bug with button position

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Mapas, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Mapas

Mapas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi there, well I was wondering why my hero button's positions are not following the rules, yes, the buttons do not work well for some reason...
    For example if I use x=0, y=0, when I go in the game the button is at x=1, y=0. I don't really understand why this happens, I have tried x=1, y=0 to see if it goes to x=2, y=0, but it stays at x=1 and y=0, finally I tried x=2, y=0, and it works well, so the problem is x=0, y=0. I am really confused, why this is happening, is some trigger I made capable of crash the system like this or what is happening?

2. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Maybe you have another button already at that position? try to look for abilities that use a "blank" icon that might be using the 0,0 position

Or you have 2 abilities that use the same base on that unit?

3. 759tricker

759tricker

Resources:
    Resources:
    its just the position of the unit.. the rotation thingy. :ogre_hurrhurr:

4. DysfunctionaI

DysfunctionaI

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Isn't x0,y0 = Move? And x1,y0 = Stop? Did you change the position of those buttons as well?

5. DeadZero

DeadZero

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, the only reason I can think of for this is that there's already a button in that position. Can you post a screenshot of the ability you're giving to the unit?
    Just in case there's any confusion about the ability button coordinates, here's a picture you can find on Google images:
    [​IMG]

6. Mapas

Mapas

Resources:
    Resources:
    The unit that has the buttons incorrectly is a neutral passive unit that sells heros, the buttons of the heros are in the incorrect position, the neutral passive unit does not have attack, does not have move, does not have hold neither patrol, just the buttons of the hero, as it sells the heros, but the buttons of all the x0 heros are in the position x1, if you see the picture above this post, for example in row0 (0,0) gives the same position as (1,0), and (1,0) works well, then (2,0) works well and (3,0) works fine, the problem is (0,0), I dont understand why it works bad if the selling unit does not have anything in that slot...

7. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    That's weird... On my tests, the button position that you cannot use on shops was actually 3,2 (like it seems to be reserved for select unit ability or something)... though those are Item shops...

8. 759tricker

759tricker

Resources:
    Resources:
    I Think there's a bug ability on that position.
    or sphere ability.. try to fix the unit first. :ogre_haosis:

9. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    From our experiences, then maybe shops has a reserved button position... though our cases presented different positions, his was 0,0, mine was 3,2 (if I remember correctly)

10. BPower

BPower

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    So 0,0 is empty or has a wrong placed button?

11. Mapas

Mapas

Resources:
    Resources:
    It must be some strange problem with the heros, because if I add an item to the spot 0,0, the item is in the position 0,0, but if I add a hero in the same spot 0,0, it appears in the position 1,0. It also occurs in the position 0,1 and in 0,2.
    I found a strange solution to my problem, I need to create items to replace the hero icons so when the item is bought, the hero is created... So weird... Someone knows what is happening? I think I am the only one who has this problem.

12. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This reminds me of custom hotkeys in WC3 and how they have the tendency to invert the command card. It may be possible he has Custom Hotkeys enabled which will mess up button positioning.

13. Mapas

Mapas

Resources:
    Resources:
    You are correct! it is the custom key that is making the problem. For those who are having this trouble you now know the solution! disable your custom keys and the buttons will be correct!