• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hardcoded item button positions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,

I leave all of my items with a button position of 0,0 and then arrange them to the desired layout via the selling unit (left to right, top to bottom, etc). This has worked fine for me thus far, but I am currently having some issues with some potions. The culprits seem to be a few items based on Healing Potion and Clarity Potion. They don't play nice and wreck my layout. I have tested things extensively removing items one by one and checking the resulting layout, but the potions in question still do not order themselves properly.

Is there any sort of weird button position hardcoding (I was thinking maybe some rushed code related to player built shops that came in TFT) that anyone knows about? I could easily change the button positions to match the desired layout (I have and it works) but I use these items in multiple shops and don't want to be married to a single button layout.

Thank you.

Level 2
I am going to use the items in question in multiple shops and don't want to be married to a single button layout. I suppose I could create duplicate items for the ones I want as 0,0 in the second shop, but the same problem may exist when I start adding other items to that shop. Just trying to discover the source of this issue to determine if there is a fix or if I need to take out the band-aids.

Level 24
It's possible that consumable items such as potions have a different priority when being listed or it's possible that their actual priority affects their listing. I can't remember (or check, unfortunately) the exact field name, but all items have a modifiable field named something like Priority. Depending on the item, I remember natural values ranging from 120 to 70, if that helps you find it. It's just speculation on my part, but it's possible that if those values are significantly different, their priorities for listing also changes.

Level 2
That's a good reminder, thank you. I was all juiced up that perhaps that was my mistake, but when I went back into the editor to check I had all the items listed at the same value (50). Hm.

Level 24
Well, I'm out of ideas and moving on to making the best of it. Are potions always at the front/end of the list, or are they always in the same arbitrary position? If it's the former, your lists at least still look nice, and potions have higher/lower priority for being listed in shops than other items. If it is the latter (random places) then you can assign the potions fixed X/Y grid positions at the top, and then let everything else filter out normally.

Level 2
Yeah earlier I changed their X/Y so that the shop is now static. It was pretty important because I have 3 types of health and mana potions, and I want them in slots 0,0 0,1 0,2 and 1,0 1,1 1,2 respectively (and I am anal). I removed the static x/y potions from my marketplace and will find a way of handling that issue later. I know that some weird stuff in the game still exists (certain buff text gets glitched and is forced to one line when you try to change it and remove a ";" etc), so this looks to be such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.