• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why is there so much hate of the good ol' US of A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Before you start to laugh their face, look this.
Country Military Civilian Deaths
USSR 13,600,000 7,700,000 21,300,000
China 1,324,000 10,000,000 11,324,000
Germany 3,250,000 3,810,000 7,060,000
Poland 850,000 6,000,000 6,850,000
United States 500,000 - 500,000
Italy 330,000 80,000 410,000

First of all, Russia was attacked so you can't honestly count the 7,7 million civilian casualties as "investment" in the war.

Russia at that time did not care about its military at all. It's not a secret that they've shot their own people because they were pulling back. I'm not talking about a few cases, they literally killed their own people by the hundreds of thousands, because Stalin ordered to do so. They treated fleeing as an act of desertion, which is the most ridiculous thing to do.

Their supplies were ridiculous too. It's not a joke when I say each russian soldier in the battle of stalingrad had 5 bullets and had to wait for their companions to die in order to get a rifle and shoot.

Since you like the numbers so much, we have around 4 million german soldiers KIA, versus 10 million russians on the eastern front. Really, you can't call this an "investment" in war, this is just stupidity on Stalin's side. That they've suffered so many losses, I'm sorry, but I really can't call it a larger investment than on the American side. If they used their brains they could at the very least have halved their losses.

Then I haven't even mentioned the ridiculous amount of casualties made at Berlin when the war was already over, just to get to Berlin before the Americans did.

Man you're so ignorant. Do you live in cave perhaps?

1. Iraq was stable country. You just shouldn't talk about politics and questioning the rule much, but education, healthcare, overall infrastructure was doing well, also for security was well taken care of. Only freedom of speech was banned. Anyway, guess who set Saddam up on the lead of Iraq. Don't tell me you don't know this.

2. Russian said that they recognized S. Ossetia. Dunno, maybe they they lied, you should know better than me.

3. So what do you wanted to say, are/were Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan, ... military powerful countries? Come on, they military is so weak the US can't even test their high tech toys.

Level 13
First of all, Russia was attacked so you can't honestly count the 7,7 million civilian casualties as "investment" in the war.
Aha... 4 million innocent civilians grabbing what they could in Stalingrad to defend their families and push back the profesional Nazi army can't be called "investment"...
Then I haven't even mentioned the ridiculous amount of casualties made at Berlin when the war was already over, just to get to Berlin before the Americans did.
Casualities? Fallen soldiers fighting the last Nazi defenders are casualities just to get to Berlin? Indeed...
Their supplies were ridiculous too. It's not a joke when I say each russian soldier in the battle of stalingrad had 5 bullets and had to wait for their companions to die in order to get a rifle and shoot.
Having an expensive machine-gun, pistol, good armor and loads of ammunition makes you a hero? I think it's the other way round.
Anyways... if I continue hearing more nonsense like "America was the only winner in WWII" I'll be planning to suicide as member of the Hive through uncontrolable flaming and aggresive post. Of course it did it's part, USA helped indeed in the battle and probably Hitler would have won the war without it... but exactly the same would have happened if USSR , Britain or France withdrawed from the war. It wasn't America's victory, it was the victory of the Allies which included the USA.
They lost less soldiers and civilians because they entered the war much later than everyone else... actually, many believe that if the Japan hadn't bombed the USA battleships (which resulted in a strategic error, because neither Hitler or the Japonese government approved that attack), they wouldn't have helped at all.

Level 14
America has been increasing its milatry budget not decreasing it. They have just given away multiple billions of dollars of weapons to counties and also have spent hundreds of blillions more on new technology. Cutting soldiers does near half cover their increase in spending.

No.

Actually its Economically yes. Socially, maybe (but neithor does america). Practically, yes.
China is not to be underestimated, they already have cities that nearly make america's best cities look small, as well as having large ammount of political influence around the world. Unless america changes its policies too be more politically conserivitive and invest in its own county, it will fall behind china and fast.

I meant the human rights issues. Like the "slavery" that goes on.

Well he attacked Iraq with cruise missles if I remember which had a better political affect than invading it, breaking many human rights acts and then calling it a democarcy when people are fighting their neighbors. Iraq is now in ruins, under sadam far less people would have died to this date and it still would have been a viable tourist desternation. Also the raise in taxes was to ballence the budget, the fact he needed to raise taxes shows how much america is spending, afterall you should not spend more than you earn.

Yeah and that helped a lot.

You know nothing about economy. Sorry, but it's true. Raising taxes does not increase revenue for the government. Lowering taxes does. With lower taxes people can go out and spend money and get more jobs and have more growth. With higher taxes people don't spend as much, more jobs get cut, and more people draw from Welfare and Social Security.

Not at all true. Global warming is happening but the affects have been greatly exadurated. Basically if you put glass around a greenhouse it heats up, putting a thin extra layer around it will make it heat up more but not that noticably. However the thin extra layer is the straw that broke the cammels back, its melting the ice caps at a fast rate and so causing water level to rise. In the end the ocean will end up a few meters higher in 100 or so years which will result in a substantioal loss of land worldwide although mostly the climet will remain unaffected.

Didn't I just say that? Read the post again.

However, cutting emissions could benifit it economicly. They could easilly reduce their average fuel consumption by 15% with more efficent cars, which would result in the need for buying 15% less fuel.

I agree with that. I only tolerate the global warming fad because it could get us off oil, which is horribly inefficient.

Also there is the fact that america is not a democracy, it is rulled purly by the rich with the poor having little say in what happens. Also america has been a total asshole in the past to the rest of the world, and most people have no evidence of them changing.

Wrong. Everyone has a chance to move up. Hence "the American Dream."

Oh America has been an asshole? Don't blame the US before looking at yourself.

Who hasn't been an asshole? Hey remember the War of 1812?

Honestly I have nothing against Mr./Mrs average american, however I do hate america's politics and most rich americans (I have nothing against Bill Gates and people like him who atleast spend some of their money helping people).

In America people get rich. That's a fact. It's called Capitalism. If you hate the fact that they're rich, maybe you should try it.

Man you're so ignorant. Do you live in cave perhaps?

Who are you talking? Well, I'll just assume you're talking to me, because I'm an asshole.

Also, reported post :D

1. Iraq was stable country. You just shouldn't talk about politics and questioning the rule much, but education, healthcare, overall infrastructure was doing well, also for security was well taken care of. Only freedom of speech was banned. Anyway, guess who set Saddam up on the lead of Iraq. Don't tell me you don't know this.

No.

2. Russian said that they recognized S. Ossetia. Dunno, maybe they they lied, you should know better than me.

That article was posted on 8/26/08. A little late to declare them independant?

3. So what do you wanted to say, are/were Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan, ... military powerful countries? Come on, they military is so weak the US can't even test their high tech toys.

Uh, Afghanistan was because they attacked us. Panama was an American territory. Vietnam/Grenada was to clean up the French's mess.

So cry more.

Having an expensive machine-gun, pistol, good armor and loads of ammunition makes you a hero? I think it's the other way round.

Neither makes you a hero. Defending your family and friends, or standing up for what you believe, is heroism.

Anyways... if I continue hearing more nonsense like "America was the only winner in WWII" I'll be planning to suicide as member of the Hive through uncontrolable flaming and aggresive post. Of course it did it's part, USA helped indeed in the battle and probably Hitler would have won the war without it... but exactly the same would have happened if USSR , Britain or France withdrawed from the war. It wasn't America's victory, it was the victory of the Allies which included the USA.

Who said anything like that?

Honestly Masiah, did you read the thread?

They lost less soldiers and civilians because they entered the war much later than everyone else... actually, many believe that if the Japan hadn't bombed the USA battleships (which resulted in a strategic error, because neither Hitler or the Japonese government approved that attack), they wouldn't have helped at all.

Well that's up in the air too. FDR and Churchill were friends. I don't think we would have remained neutral very long anyway.

Level 21
Aha... 4 million innocent civilians grabbing what they could in Stalingrad to defend their families and push back the profesional Nazi army can't be called "investment"...
No it can't. I mean, we're comparing the numbers of soldiers involved here. The USA wasn't invaded, Russia was. We can't blame the US for having less "investment" on that area if you start counting civilians too. Besides, I'd like to know the number of civilians that actually was able to defend themselves instead of being "ordinary" war casualties in a siege barrage.

Casualities? Fallen soldiers fighting the last Nazi defenders are casualities just to get to Berlin? Indeed...
There were nearly no nazi's in Berlin at the time it felt. All you had there were desparate civilians (mainly children, women and old men) making a last stance against the *communist evil*. And yes, it's a fact that they wasted a lot of lives there only to capture Berlin faster than it would've been if they had taken their time. It was pretty useless to fight and waste so many lives over Berlin, but it was a pre-cold-war act of Russia to show they have done so much more than the other allies. Have they? They've wasted the lives, not saved them.

Are we talking about "heroes" here ?

Anyways... if I continue hearing more nonsense like "America was the only winner in WWII"
I take it this ain't aimed at my post, seeing that I never stated something like that?

probably Hitler would have won the war without it... but exactly the same would have happened if USSR , Britain or France withdrawed from the war. It wasn't America's victory, it was the victory of the Allies which included the USA.
This is in fact a very good question to ask... You must remember that the USA was the first country with nukes, and the only country that actually used them. So I sometimes wonder... If the russians didn't start to make progress, would the nazi's have won? Probably not. So this too raises the question if, in the worst case scenario, the Americans would have needed allies...

But history went otherwise anyway, so it IS true that the victory was one of the allies, and not solely one of its members.

It could be true. At that time, the USA was pretty much isolated, in contrast of the America we all know today. But again, history didn't go like that.

Level 5
its those overly conservative and nationalistic christian republicans that I hate in US the rest is good

a lot of times they seem to be anti-muslim
anti-homosexual

pretty much like the guy who started this thread( I know him from another forums)

Sup Wuggi Boy. Yea I Am Anti-muslim and anti-homosexual. I see what Islam run countries have done to ppl and I dont like it. I also hate gays. Point?

The point is that America produces more garbagge per capita than any other country. America and China produce pollution at a similar rate, but comparing the 302.688.000 american citizens and the 1.313.973.713 chinese citizens tells us that a standart american citizen produces the same amount of garbagge as 4,34 chinese citizens. Interesting numbers, huh?

Who the fuck cares? We make garbage? Who cares? I sure as fuck dont.

Do native South Americans cry to Spain so much? Do native Australians cry so much? Do the Chinese in Hong Kong cry to Britain so much? Black people don't even cry this fucking much, and they get a lot more media attention than Native Americans. Get the fuck over it. Every single modern American knows that what happened was wrong, and not only did contemporary Americans not even fucking exist when it happened, but what's done is fucking done.

TRU THAT. But Black ppl do bitch about the same.

At any rate, how the hell is this shithole not closed yet? It was an anti-America magnet from the first post.

ACTUALLY No It wasnt. If u read my post it was Pro USA.

China is already earning itself a better image than America. As apposed to New Orleans where shit all help was given by America to its people, China sent a lot of help to the victims of the earthquake which did about as much damage.

HAHAH OH RLY? Man read up on Chinese history. They have one of the worst track records for human rights.

Thank you verrryyy much. USA USA USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.