• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Why is my skin to my model showing black parts..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I spent some time making a model, made the differnt skins as TGA, used viewer to make them .blp opened my model in model editor.. tried to import the blp's´, model editor said they wasnt blp (rather strange first time ever that happent) well then I just use the TGA's. Importet them fine added to the model. First two of the four parts works, well then I added the skin to the two last, the went wierd. The skin didnt covered all. Ideas of what I miss to do? :confused:

Here is what it looks like:

BTW: the tree green coler doesnt look like that in the skin, it is much more tree like, so also dunno why it just shows it green (maybe course it is tga?)

Well hope someone got a solution. btw the model is unanimatet as I dunno how to animate. But might add lights to it and some glow emmiter, but only if I solve the skin problem.

Level 10
If youknow nothing about modelling then why are you modelling??

That is a very moronic question. You should encourage new modellers, not tell them "You dont know anything about modelling, sorry but you cant model"
Everyone has to start somewhere, and even great modellers started knowing nothing about models at some point.
Just because he is new to modelling, doesnt mean he cant model. He is giving it a shot and doing well, the tree looks nice Baron.

Level 35
Everyone has to start somewhere, and even great modellers started knowing nothing about models at some point.
Just because he is new to modelling, doesnt mean he cant model. He is giving it a shot and doing well, the tree looks nice Baron.

Thanks for the support, yes I also likes the tree and I an thinking of adding candlelights to it. But as I say below I am not good to UVW so I have a little to many skins in this, which increase the size to much for its use. So realy have to learn how to skin my own models :smile: And think I got some hint how to do so while I was looking in Oinkwinklers tools.

If youknow nothing about modelling then why are you modelling??

I dont know that much of modeling course I am a skinner who startet making models just 10 min before making this tread... and yes I actualy do know UV wrap, just didnt know it was that UVW was. (BTW plz notice knowing what it means dont mean I can do it, but I am learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.