• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why I can't replace the build icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I noticed this didn't work, and I have found a workaround.
The ability to build for humans has the AHbu code, and by default it is hidden in the World Editor.

All you need is a custom abilitydata.slk in your Warcraft III\Units\ folder before starting WE (I attached the file)

Then you will be able to access and edit all hidden abilities to suit your needs, and that includes all races building abilities.

This is how I use a custom icon for my Hero Builders in my map.

EDIT : note this is for Reforged, I don't have a version working for earlier versions at the moment.

Attachments

• abilitydata.slk
    835.2 KB · Views: 27
Level 12
Well if you try my SLK, it will work for sure ! And you won't mess up anything within Warcraft 3, as soon as you remove the SLK from the folder, everything will be back to normal, and your changes to the abilities will be kept. Except you won't be able to access the settings without the SLK.

Level 12
Oh great news !
I would have been stuck there as my only copy of TFT is a "portable" version 1.24 in french.. meh.

I should try to find my old CD-Rom for the CD-Key and try to install version 1.26, to make sure I can use this version to help players. Or even a version of wc3 that allows version switching.

Problem is I heard about conflicts between older versions WE and Reforged WE, so I might even need a portable or virtualized version with a patch switcher.... oh my I am not sure I will find this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.