• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] why dose these spells crash the game !!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
HI if anyone sees this message please help!!

im making a map and constantly testing it (spells) today i made 2 abilites one based of the silnce ability but i used all of its features of not only blocking a spell butt attack special and range also.
and another ability based on the orb of slow (orb of lightning) for a hero, i made it to cast the shockwave ability by a set amount of chance i also made sure my shockwave is a unit ability.

now here is my problem whenever i start my map to test it fast if i use these 2 abilites my game crash's just drops completly from the game leaving a error screen ( picture is attached in here)

i really dont know why !!!

the silnce ability i use is from 90 cast range yes 90 very close and it has howl of terror anim effect and a buff effect i imported .

the shockwave seems fine if i dont use the silnce ability .

please help me !

Attachments

• wow.png
    wow.png
    382.5 KB · Views: 86

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
and another ability based on the orb of slow (orb of lightning) for a hero, i made it to cast the shockwave ability by a set amount of chance i also made sure my shockwave is a unit ability.
The orb only works with abilities that target units, as the attacked unit will be the target. Shockwave is point target, so what is supposed to happen?
Not sure about the silence ability though. If you can provide a map where the crash occurs it would be a lot easier to help.

Level 17
okay here is where the bugg is happening from

i checked and my silence ability is actually where the crash is happening from and its happening from the buff !!!

yes i had a imported buff attached to my slience ability and i poped up my editor today tring to find why is this crash happening and when i reamoved this (reseted to the silnce ability buff) the crash didnt happen anymore!!

so the question here is why is that imported model crashing this map ????

here this is that model Fear Effect

(sorry for the late reply but i just posted this late night and gone to sleep)

and i actually checked and re imported the fear effect model on my silnce ability and again it crashed my map

like why the hell is this happening :C

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.