• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Why dont effects and unit get centered when i use a spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Probably fucked up the title
Story is : i use spell, one unit (big aura thingy) and 32 sparkly effects spawn around my hero but they are not centered? why is that?
XPoDrZ5.png

Spell is instant cast and should create around my hero
Big aura thingy is a unit with 0 collision other are effects and still not centered.

Level 8
Without seeing any data only speculations can be made.
ok
  • Consecration Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Consecration_Ability
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Consecration_Index Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Consecration Loop <gen>
        • Else - Actions
      • Set Consecration_Index = (Consecration_Index + 1)
      • Set Consecration_Caster[Consecration_Index] = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Consecration_tempPlayer = (Triggering player)
      • Set Consecration_Point[Consecration_Index] = (Position of Consecration_Caster[Consecration_Index])
      • Set Consecration_Level[Consecration_Index] = (Level of Consecration_Ability for Consecration_Caster[Consecration_Index])
      • Set Consecration_DamageLocked[Consecration_Index] = (Consecration_Damage[Consecration_Level[Consecration_Index]] + (Consecration_DamageMulti[Consecration_Level[Consecration_Index]] x Player_DamageBonus_Magical[(Player number of Consecration_tempPlayer)]))
      • Set Consecration_Duration[Consecration_Index] = 0
      • Set Consecration_Interval[Consecration_Index] = 0.00
      • Set Consecration_SpellOn[Consecration_Index] = 1
      • Unit - Create 1 Consecration_DummyType for Neutral Passive at Consecration_Point[Consecration_Index] facing 0.00 degrees
      • Set Consecration_Dummy[Consecration_Index] = (Last created unit)
without effects cuz they were for testing
Also unit is flying with 0 collision set and still not on point?

It's may be just the model issue.
I mean some aura models aren't "stay on the ground" they are slightly upped: it seems the aura doesn't center from the diagonal standard camera view.
Anyway IcemanBo said right thing: we need a code of the spell.
there

upside down look

Tbbwrdm.png

Level 11
If it's flying unit and it seems the triggers is right, then create the sphere ability, make attachment to the origin and give the ability to the hero. If it isn't centered still then the problem is in model. The model author probably made a mistake while sets the center of the model.
OR I don't know.

Level 8
If it's flying unit and it seems the triggers is right, then create the sphere ability, make attachment to the origin and give the ability to the hero. If it isn't centered still then the problem is in model. The model author probably made a mistake while sets the center of the model.
OR I don't know.
made an aura ability and its centered perfectly
what the hell is going on.

this is also happening to me with targeted spells (aoe targeted)

Level 8
When object data + code is required attaching the map is often the best.
what do u mean ?

Try to set the hero's collision size to 0 and see if this continues. If it is, then you should provide a test map for it.
tried still not working?

Can any of u test this with the model i used?

Could this be patch related issue?

btw i uploaded the test map

EDIT: omg it works on the test map. is my map fucked? goddamn it i worked so hard on it.

EDIT 2: Issue fixed. Appearntly The position was correct but my hero had collision size of 16 instead of normal 32 and it messes up with that so it looked weird for some reason i dont know why is that a thing.

Attachments

• testmap.w3x
    18.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.