• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell effects are still active after removing? {removing a spell's original effects}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I feel really stupid for asking this but it is getting quite frustrating. I'm simply trying to make a "nothing" spell with no effects so I can trigger the rest. The problem I am having is after removing all effects and such until all I have left are the essentials (mana cost, cooldown, button art, art animation), the original spell's effects are still playing. I've tried Hex, Storm Bolt, and Acid Bomb all three will still act up. Hex still changes the unit into a sheep, Storm Bolt still stuns the enemy, and Acid Bomb just freezes up the game (leaks).

I have not done any triggering with these abilities what so ever. I'm not sure if I set something to zero that shouldn't have been set or what. For example, with Storm Bolt I set the following fields to 0 or nothing: Buffs, Casting Time, Duration Hero, Duration Normal, Effects, Data - Damage, Missile Art, Missile Speed, and Check Dependencies. It is a Hero ability, used by a Hero.

There must be a reason behind why it is doing this; I'm too inexperienced with spell creation to notice what I am doing wrong. Like I said, I'm just looking to make a "nothing" spell. One that targets a unit like Storm Bolt, but beyond that, does absolutely nothing except the bare essentials so that I may apply triggered effects.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I hope my problem isn't too long of a read. I would be glad to give out more detail if needed, just ask! Thank you very much!

Level 11
use the ability "channel", it is pretty much a base spell perfect for any trigger based spells you want to make. You can even change the base order ID so you dont run into the problem of casting a bunch of spells at once from using the same base spell. The target type can be changed as well (instant, point, unit, point and unit...). Hope this helps ya

EDIT:
To make it have damage (im not sure if thats in the spell) you can just do it by trigger, make the casting unit cause whatever magic damage to the target unit

Status
Not open for further replies.