• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why do tomes leave graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
k i have 2 questions:

1.When I Build a Shop containing TOME Items, and buy the tomes in the shop. I get a little floating Book where my character was, stuck on the ground. Does anyone know what this is caused by or how to fix it?

2.I made an STR/AGI/INT +1 tome and ability, and it doesnt increase my heros stats at all, how should i fix this? Change it too a trigger?

Level 11
1) Screeniez pl0x?
2) Tome of Knowledge for the tome and modify Attribute Bonus for the ability.

Level 26
1. Since some patch, tomes no longer get removed but killed when picked up. You can revive them to reuse them or remove them manually.

2. Well, I have no idea what you made wrong but there is already a +1 strength, a +1 agility, a +1 intelligent and a +all stats tome. Surely, you can also do it via trigger.

Level 19
1.When I Build a Shop containing TOME Items, and buy the tomes in the shop. I get a little floating Book where my character was, stuck on the ground. Does anyone know what this is caused by or how to fix it?

blizzards fault
didn't notice this until a few months ago though (probably caused by some patch)
the scroll of town portal at dota leaves a tiny version of itself behind as well

gonna try to find some way to remove it and will edit it in here later

edit:
this works
  • RemoveBugEffect
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • ((Item being manipulated) is A powerup) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
note that this also removes the effect on pickup: Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\ToonBoom\ToonBoom.mdl
you can trigger it to be shown at the position of item being manipulated but I don't like the effect anyway
effect on hero is still shown and hero gets stat bonus

and apparently waterknight was faster x)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.