• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Why do maps lagg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need to know all the reasons why do map lagg, because my map lags :(
1. I have got rid of JASS functions, so there are no local variables over my map at all.
2. I use arrays [99] to trigger all the motions over my map, and I have some scripts to clean any part of this arrays, so non-motioned units are not used in triggers.
3. I use "Unit - Move Instantly" action all the time, but when map starts to lagg and I make no motioned unit (triggers don't use "Move Instantly" at all) after, map laggs anyway (I mean when I destroy the sourse of laggs, it laggs anyway)
4. I also use "Pick every units in unit group (Units in range blah blah blha...)" all the time.
5. ... I think I fill all the memory, do not I?
The question is: what trigger actions (tell me all of them, please) should not I use very-very-very often in my map? And tell me, please, if "Unit - Move Instantly" and "Pick every units in unit group (Units in range blah blah blha...)" lagg, what can I do to make them not lagg?

Level 3
I hope, you do not need my map, because I have to make 2 pages tutorial to tell "How to use it, and where does action take their places" :)

Level 8
How long do you have to play your map before it lags?

Might be leaks if it takes a while for it to lag.

Look up the tutorial on memory leaks

Level 3
It takes 3 min, if I make game funny, and 5-10 min, if I play as people do so (I think, and then do what I want). It is too short time period, so I asked question in Hive (I do not know other places, where answers come so fast) :)
Thanks, Ultimatony, a lot. Now I will try:
RemoveLocation()
DestroyGroup()
DestroyForce()

Level 3
I leaked, when I casted 5 times 1 spell at the same time
Now it leaks when I cast 40-50 times :)
#####.#......#..####..##....#.#...#...###...#
....#.....#......#.#......#.#.#...#.#..#..#.........#
....#.....##### #####.#..#..#.###....###...#
....#.....#......#.#......#.#...#.#.#...#.........#...
....#.....#......#.#......#.#....##.#....#..###...#

Status
Not open for further replies.