• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why can't I comment on Warcraft 3 official forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
What are you talking about?

anima.png

Warcraft - Chronicles of the Second War

I had a weird issue today where my phone has one account (Reforged2Gli) and my desktop is on a different account (Retera) and when I logged my desktop into the phone account, then I wasn't able to post today. I thought it was just a personal problem since having two accounts to begin with is kind of silly nonsense.

Level 16
Shadow Ban?

I had a weird issue today where my phone has one account (Reforged2Gli) and my desktop is on a different account (Retera) and when I logged my desktop into the phone account, then I wasn't able to post today. I thought it was just a personal problem since having two accounts to begin with is kind of silly nonsense.
you talking hive or bliz?

I dont really understand how the shadowban works. Tonight my phone couldnt post on Reforged2Gli so I tried switching to Reforged5Gli. Couldn't post on there either.

Given what I saw earlier on PC, it does begin to look account-based. I'll try Retera account on my phone, since on the PC that account was not shadowbanned.

And yes, for what it's worth, every ReforgedXGli account holds its own valid license to the Reforged game -- I spent roughly $180 ($30 x 6 accounts) on my own accounts last year during preorders for what I see as a sort of donation towards the Reforged project.

Reforged1Gli was non-shadow banned (including a ban notice), though. Tried defending Reforged for a while and that led to too many reports against me, or something. They dont tell you clearly.
I think the straw that broke the camels back was when I started talking about personal experiences that I had on discord messaging Blizz employees in 2018-2019 or something. If I recall I was trying to share heartfelt personal anecdotes that these people do care about the game, but it's been a while.

Edit:
I changed account to my Retera main account and it seems like even that one is effectively shadowbanned now, or else maybe it could be the phone itself.
I don't really understand it. But in my case like I said, Reforged1Gli being banned for sharing personal anecdotes (the official ban noticed was vague and said it was for trolling or something) might mean that the shadowban is happened deliberately in my case. Maybe they persist some metadata between accounts so that they can ban them all.

I'm not totally sure it relates to your problem.

Edit 2: I tried logging into Reforged1Gli and to make matters more confusing, that account was unbanned in July apparently. Who knew. The message says I should be allowed to post again, but I'm not able to on any account from this device.

So, honestly I have no idea how it works. (Below is a screenshot of the unban)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201009-020656_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201009-020656_Chrome.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Level 12
I dont really understand how the shadowban works. Tonight my phone couldnt post on Reforged2Gli so I tried switching to Reforged5Gli. Couldn't post on there either.

Given what I saw earlier on PC, it does begin to look account-based. I'll try Retera account on my phone, since on the PC that account was not shadowbanned.

And yes, for what it's worth, every ReforgedXGli account holds its own valid license to the Reforged game -- I spent roughly $180 ($30 x 6 accounts) on my own accounts last year during preorders for what I see as a sort of donation towards the Reforged project.

Reforged1Gli was non-shadow banned (including a ban notice), though. Tried defending Reforged for a while and that led to too many reports against me, or something. They dont tell you clearly.
I think the straw that broke the camels back was when I started talking about personal experiences that I had on discord messaging Blizz employees in 2018-2019 or something. If I recall I was trying to share heartfelt personal anecdotes that these people do care about the game, but it's been a while.

Edit:
I changed account to my Retera main account and it seems like even that one is effectively shadowbanned now, or else maybe it could be the phone itself.
I don't really understand it. But in my case like I said, Reforged1Gli being banned for sharing personal anecdotes (the official ban noticed was vague and said it was for trolling or something) might mean that the shadowban is happened deliberately in my case. Maybe they persist some metadata between accounts so that they can ban them all.

I'm not totally sure it relates to your problem.

Edit 2: I tried logging into Reforged1Gli and to make matters more confusing, that account was unbanned in July apparently. Who knew. The message says I should be allowed to post again, but I'm not able to on any account from this device.

So, honestly I have no idea how it works.

You paid 6 times for a AAA Company... that’s lies to his gaming community

while you are doing more for the community then this AAA Company

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
@Ralle any hint about this issue?

Feels like the Hiveworkshop is getting censored up on Reforged forums or something.

Not sure this is relevant, but this might be interesting nonetheless:
Yeah, but we were posting there for like since the start of the forums and what other official forums for Warcraft III? Also, Retera and others have a Reforged license. Of course, in Retera's case, the site might have an algorhythm that chan banned his accounts because of the familiar name.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
It's not a shadow ban if the site refuses to post your message.
Actually, we can't even post. I mean, there's no comment box anymore and no message why we suddenly lost the freedom to post.

EDIT: just look at this

anima.png

He posted 2 days ago while I can't post for since this issue started.

Warcraft - Chronicles of the Second War

And you can see something's going on as the activity on the forums has reduced dramatically:
General Discussion

Last edited:
I opened a custom support ticket asking why I couldn't post on the forums and they did a password reset and just now I sat down at the PC and opened the forums. I was logged in one of the other accounts like Reforged4Gli that I bought spare licenses for, and there was still no reply button. Then I logged out and changed to the Retera account where the password had been reset. After doing this, the Reply button reappeared.

Maybe we are not allowed to post on the forums when our password has expired, but they forgot to tell us that our password had expired?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Maybe we are not allowed to post on the forums when our password has expired, but they forgot to tell us that our password had expired?
I never heard of passwords expiring on Blizzard forums before. I mean on Battle.net too...
The weird thing is that immediately after I reset the password on my phone mobile last night, nothing got better. So it might be on a delay
Or they just did something when you sent the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.