• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Who else thinks Orcs were more scarirer in WC2 then WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I think we'd ALL agree on this, but this is largely due to internal development decisions at Blizzard that the change came about.

Level 24
I have to agree the only shred of blood thirst we see from the orcs in WarCraft III is Grommash Hellscream.

Level 24
Besides Thrall is a shaman who better to return the Horde to the old ways (the shamanistic ways) and now we got a master in the voodoo arts. I think it can only benefit the Horde.

Level 2
Orcs are always scary. Their past lies on the demonic horde. Their historical leader Ner'Zul was the evil protagonist of all the times. It is a pity that Orcish race still exist :(

Level 3
You know what ive noticed something
Even the Humans seemed more rougher and tough then then in WOW and WC3

Take Admiral Proudmoore(before they turned into a comic book villian)
He was a badass pirate well not really but he sure seemed like it he wasnt evil just rough and tough
Take a look at WC2 cover (Pretty sure he really kick some orc ass)
take Anduin Lothar WC2 icon compare that to Arthas(pre corruption) or jaina
In Wacraft 3 the toughest character is human Uther YET HE GETS KILLED
Same as terenes killed by a spoiled brat.
Antonodas same thing killed

It seems like any Human character thats actually has look remotely raw and not a fairy gets killed
-Uther
-Every other paladin
-Terenes
-Antonodas
-the enitre kin tor
-admiral proudmoore
-Garithos

I dont like Jaina(no im not sexist) she betrayed her dad by helping a bunch of green skinned barbaric giant gorilla monsters and their allies
giant walking Cows
Voodoo Jamaican thugs
giant Two headed creatures with down syndrome.

Level 6
Orcs are always scary. Their past lies on the demonic horde. Their historical leader Ner'Zul was the evil protagonist of all the times. It is a pity that Orcish race still exist :(
You do realise that the Orcs make something like 60 even 70% of the Horde.No Orcs = no Horde, the franchise would be PeaceCraft.

Level 9
Since Mr. Fuzzy Ear is banned, I will continue this thread. Wc2 Orcs is WAY more scarier, but let's not forget about the Fel Orcs. They are scary as hell due to Mamoroth's blood.

It is a pity that Orcish race still exist :(
How could you say that EmbracetheHate? No orcs=no Horde. Which I really cannot imagine in Azeroth. And no, the orcs have been misguided and fooled! That's all.
Since Mr. Fuzzy Ear is banned,
That's what you get when you push things too far into oblivion and make another account just to bother people around here!

They are scary as hell due to Mamoroth's blood.
Yes they are. The original orcs are brown, but due to the Blood Pact they became green. Hence their bloodthirsty way of starting a war for those damn demons of the Legion.
And as for the Fel Orcs, well those are lost souls if you ask me. By further drinking that pit-lord blood, imo they've doomed themselves forever. It's a shame thought that some orcs are honorable but they're considered savages by the Alliance because of some past mistakes. And yes they were scarier during the Second War(WC2).

I actually liked the nobility they brought to the orcs in Wc3. Don't get me wrong--I love wc2, but the storyline between Thrall and the formation of a new horde was really interesting the first time I played it. In a way, Grom is representative of the old Wc2-esque orcs (at least for much of the RoC campaign), whereas Thrall is in an entirely different order.

I can agree that Wc2 orcs were scarier, though. But it made sense for the game--right then it was mostly Orcs vs. Humans (and although you get to play the orcs, they are still portrayed largely as evil). Wc3 brought about new races and new antagonists (esp. the undead), and the "nobility" of the Horde was key for the battle at Hyjal to be successful. So in the end, while Wc2 orcs were more fearsome than most of the ones in Wc3, I like the Wc3 orcs better. :D

Level 9
So in conclusion, both verision of Warcraft has scary Orcs. They are bad, but they are the signature of Warcraft. Don't hate them, love them.

Level 2
So in conclusion, both verision of Warcraft has scary Orcs. They are bad, but they are the signature of Warcraft. Don't hate them, love them.

We are not hatin' on Orcs. We just fight 'em :)
And the time is proving that the population of Alliance is on the rise. Therefore the orcs may become minority.

Therefore the orcs may become minority.
Come on! Even if the Alliance is more numerous in numbers that doesn't mean that the orcs will disappear or become a minority. They have families too, children and such. They are after all one of the 2 races along with the humans that Blizzard 1st introduced in Warcraft. I for one cannot see Azeroth without them, even if they were fooled by demons (blame Mannoroth and Gul'dan for that) and invaded Azeroth and such. Yes I liked the 2nd war era orcs, savagery and bloodthirsty "brutes". As PurgeandFire stated
I actually liked the nobility they brought to the orcs in Wc3. Don't get me wrong--I love wc2, but the storyline between Thrall and the formation of a new horde was really interesting the first time I played it. In a way, Grom is representative of the old Wc2-esque orcs (at least for much of the RoC campaign), whereas Thrall is in an entirely different order.
I liked the nobility of the orcs too. It kind of cleared some questions related to the orc race in my opinion:) Don't get me wrong, I'm an Alliance fan but I also consider the Horde interesting, especially the apparent "Brutish" Orcs!

Level 6
We are not hatin' on Orcs. We just fight 'em :)
And the time is proving that the population of Alliance is on the rise. Therefore the orcs may become minority.
The Alliance has lost much more in absolute and percentage numbers.

Theramore was wiped off the map, Menethil Harbour was swallowed waters and a huge part of the Alliance forces in Lordaeron - Andorhal, Hillsbrad Foothills etc. have been defeated and a part of them turned into undead.

All of that makes the Siege of Orgrimmar pale.

Also the Orcs dominate the Horde big time, they are the only race with big population in the Horde, the rest are small and minuscule.

Level 31
Also the Orcs dominate the Horde big time, they are the only race with big population in the Horde, the rest are small and minuscule.

which makes no sense since their entire race was nearly destroyed between the second war, their planet blowing up, interment camps. then somehow the entire horde sailed to kalimdor on a few stolen ships because apparently the alliance just leaves entire fleets around to carry thousands. then they suffer even more casualties while fighting on kalimdor during the third war and then another war against kul tiras and somehow they are not near extinction

then they suffer even more casualties while fighting on kalimdor during the third war and then another war against kul tiras and somehow they are not near extinction
Well, you know Chris Metzen, he likes to improvize when it comes to the Horde:/
Anyway the point is that they are a majority within the Horde ofc but not soo many as Blizzard would like us to think. Maybe they mated too much:)))

Level 18
Well yeah, that was the point.

The entire Warcraft series, Orcs were portrayed as brutal, savage, mindless monsters who only wanted to rape and kill everything. Y'know, like the Orcs in pretty much every story up to that point.

By Warcraft 3, Metzen decided to do something different and make them into noble savages. I personally thought it was an interesting change but I still hear people bitch about it on occasion. They also left the Burning Blade Clan and the Blackrock Clan out of the "New Horde" so they could still play around with the idea of "savage, evil Orcs." Of course that idea seems to have gone by the wayside now since in the latest expansion the Blackrock Orcs have joined the "true" Horde and the Burning Blade clan seems to have been completely destroyed.

Level 6
The horde itself on both games is quite different...

In wc2, you see a a Horde with no organization, merely savage brutes, composed almost only by orcs... and also demonic, I believe.

In wc3, you see a more advanced Horde, with more races, more friendly, organized, rejecting evil and demonic stuff, etc,

Level 31
The horde itself on both games is quite different...

In wc2, you see a a Horde with no organization, merely savage brutes, composed almost only by orcs... and also demonic, I believe.

not really true the wc2 orcs where filled with as many races as the new horde of wc3 (not counting races that joined in WoW)

Wc2 - Orcs, Ogres, Goblins, Amani Trolls, and you could even count demons and undead as other races as plenty of them were in the orcish armies
Wc3 - Orcs, Darkspear Trolls, Tauren (and you could count some remaining ogres and hired goblins)

Level 6
not really true the wc2 orcs where filled with as many races as the new horde of wc3 (not counting races that joined in WoW)

Wc2 - Orcs, Ogres, Goblins, Amani Trolls, and you could even count demons and undead as other races as plenty of them were in the orcish armies
Wc3 - Orcs, Darkspear Trolls, Tauren (and you could count some remaining ogres and hired goblins)

sorry about that, I'm really not that deep into the wc2 lore, I'm more for wc3 :p

Level 3
How could you say that EmbracetheHate? No orcs=no Horde. Which I really cannot imagine in Azeroth. And no, the orcs have been misguided and fooled! That's all.
That's what you get when you push things too far into oblivion and make another account just to bother people around here!

Yes they are. The original orcs are brown, but due to the Blood Pact they became green. Hence their bloodthirsty way of starting a war for those damn demons of the Legion.
And as for the Fel Orcs, well those are lost souls if you ask me. By further drinking that pit-lord blood, imo they've doomed themselves forever. It's a shame thought that some orcs are honorable but they're considered savages by the Alliance because of some past mistakes. And yes they were scarier during the Second War(WC2).

Ehhh No werent the "Corrupted Orcs" red hence Hence Grom turning red after drinking Demon blood
Yet a the same time in WC3 its told that the Orcs in WC1 and WC2 were corrupted yet every single orc was green even Grom and Kargarth were all green every single one of them

Thats the problem with Blizzards writing nowadays it too contradictory which is a symptom of bad storytelling and dont tell me its "expanding the story"
Ill tell you the difference between retcon/cotradicting and expanding
retcon/cotradicting: 1.corrupted Orcs being red or pretty much everything about the orcs
2 .Doomhammer and lothar battle:Now this is pretty ridiculous in the second last level of WC2 Listen to the briefing then watch the first 8 seconds of the mission The gamer designers somehow bothered to put lothar in game yet Doomhammer was nowhere to be seen and they are slaughtered BEFORE they got to blackrock spire by Ogres,trolls,grunts ECT.
3.Kingdom of Azeroth being called the Kingdom of Stormwind
Now ill tell you what expanding is
1.Kamlimdor existing
2.Tauren existing
3.Night elf existing
4.Notherend existing
All of them are expanding because its dosent contradict the story that has been set.

Last edited:
The Warcraft 3 Orcs are definitely scarier, in WC2 they were only 2D sprites in WC3 they became fully animated 3D models with much more health, damage and upgrades. Couple that with the new spells the Shaman and Far Seer have such as summoning 2 fully 3D WOLVES! I mean come on that's some scary stuff right there. Once Blizzard makes fully holographic representations though the 3D models are about as scary as your going to get unless the game itself evolves into an evil entity.

Anyway jokes aside, the WC2 Orcs were more stereotypical with Blizzard flexing it's own creative fingers. The WC3 Orcs were Blizzard's brain child with plot devices made to explain them in WC2. In short, yes I guess the WC2 Orcs were "scarier" but the WC3 ones were far more developed and unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.