• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Who else is excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I guess now reforged is available to everybody to download and test?
reforged.jpg
p.s Add Me if you want to play any maps :D

Attachments

• reforged.jpg
    reforged.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 151
Level 9
Excited? Well, for certain parts, sure. But much of my hype was taken away, when they said that they are not going to make the new voice lines and that the campaign won't have any story changes. When they basically said that it's going to be more like just a remaster rather than the advertised reforged.

Level 2
There will be story changes. For example, Sylvanas will get more limelight as an example they mentioned during the deep dive panel. Many maps have been updated to reflect their WoW counterparts (Dalaran, Stratholme, Silvermoon etc...). All cutscenes have been reworked (new animations, camera work, details) but just aren't as theatrical as the Culling from 2018. The Illidan vs Arthas cutscene has been recreated from the ground up and made more dramatic and lengthy. I'm sure they're doing the same for other big scenes (frostmourne etc...).

So, I think people are being a bit too pessimistic. Sure, they have gone back on certain things but it's not as bad as people are making it out to be.

Level 2
Indeed, this isn't me saying I know the future or what is actually being implemented with certainty, but it is what they have said explicitly so it's still what they're working towards.

Level 9
Sylvanas will get more limelight as an example they mentioned during the deep dive panel.

Yeah, so they said. I just wonder how they are making this if there's no new voice lines?

And yeah, I try to stay positive, but I figured it's better not to expect much from the campaign at this point. If is good, then great. I just don't care to be disappointed again, if it's nothing more than HD texture pack slammed on it. The campaign overhaul was, after all, one of the biggest selling point of Reforged. Makes me just wonder what else they left out, since clearly they don't have the time and money to deliver everything they've promised. Or why else would they drop this bomb 2 months before the release, when it's most certainly already too late to make the changes to the campaign? I'm pretty sure they are just covering up and claiming "the community didn't want it", but if that was the case, they should (would) have asked and make sure that it's really what community wants. Considering the official forums are quite a mess of angry disappointed fans now, I can't really believe that the community didn't want the changes.

Time and money issues would also explain the devs' silence for a whole year and how the beta is like half a year late and so on. I get that it's a small team and they probably have a lot of financial issues, but I am bit disappointed, they should have been a bit more transparent. A year of anticipation tends to get people emotional and could easily backlash for Blizzard big time. Not to mention that I would hate to see Reforged not succeed. Bye-bye extra content and DLC's, etc.

Last edited:
Level 2
Yeah, so they said. I just wonder how they are making this if there's no new voice lines?

Well, there will have to be at least some new voice lines, this just has to be the case because there are going to be female versions of certain heroes, as an example. Whether Sylvanas will or not we don't know. They won't change existing voice work is what I took it to mean.

And yeah, I try to stay positive, but I figured it's better not to expect much from the campaign at this point. If is good, then great. I just don't care to be disappointed again, if it's nothing more than HD texture pack slammed on it. The campaign overhaul was, after all, one of the biggest selling point of Reforged. Makes me just wonder what else they left out, since clearly they don't have the time and money to deliver everything they've promised. Or why else would they drop this bomb 2 months before the release, when it's most certainly already too late to make the changes to the campaign? I'm pretty sure they are just covering up and claiming "the community didn't want it", but if that was the case, they should (would) have asked and make sure that it's really what community wants. Considering the official forums are quite a mess of angry disappointed fans now, I can't really believe that the community didn't want the changes.

Time and money issues would also explain the devs' silence for a whole year and how the beta is like half a year late and so on. I get that it's a small team and they probably have a lot of financial issues, but I am bit disappointed, they should have been a bit more transparent. A year of anticipation tends to get people emotional and could easily backlash for Blizzard big time. Not to mention that I would hate to see Reforged not succeed. Bye-bye extra content and DLC's, etc.

Sure, it's great to speculate, but at the end of the day, we don't know the reason for why they cut certain features. If they cut it because they weren't happy with where they were taking it, or because of backlash, or because of some ulterior corporate motive and they're simply lying, it would be indistinguishable to us from our point of view. Also bear in mind that people often only post or express their opinion when they want to complain. People who are happy with the changes may have been drowned out by those who weren't. Same with what is happening now but in reverse (though I've seen plenty of people showing relief now too). It's a well-known phenomenon. Blizzard also acknowledged that it was divisive in nature, suggesting that both camps are quite large. It could have been the case that they themselves, as WC3 fans, had the final say because they weren't happy with where the work was going. Or, sure, it was because of management. We can speculate to our hearts' content.

Edit: UD is live and yep, new voice lines for hero skins. Just heard female death knight. Sounds cool.

Last edited:
Level 8
I'm still waiting for my invite to beta test reforged. I just pre-purchased last week. Supposedly you have to wait for an email from blizzard inviting you to test the beta. I just can't wait for the new world editor. I am going to loose so many nights of sleep prodding at its limits ... and breaking it in.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I'm still waiting for my invite to beta test reforged. I just pre-purchased last week. Supposedly you have to wait for an email from blizzard inviting you to test the beta. I just can't wait for the new world editor. I am going to loose so many nights of sleep prodding at its limits ... and breaking it in.
Yep, I'm waiting too :(.
@Bribe any help for these people?

Level 8
@Bribe any help for these people?

Yeah, someone else helped me out.

Login to the battle net app.

Choose Warcraft III as your game.

Then change your game region / account to "Warcraft III: Reforged Beta".

That should give you an install button for Reforged. The new World Editor is included in the install, inside of C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III Beta\x86_64\

Level 2
Nah, known about that for a long time. Some people just don't have access yet. I don't have a dropdown. It only appears when you get beta.

Level 20
@Sabe lol man I don't even care about the campaign to be honest, I might play it a little until I get bored, the better graphics and the new world editor is the real hype!

I'm also really hoping they bring the UI Natives to GUI but I guess at this point I'm just gonna stick to jass for the UI cause I already coded some of the systems I need >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.