• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whirlpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello~ Another skill - and with this one, I am at a complete loss.

The skill is called Whirlpool and should do the following:
It should deal X damage per second to units near the Caster, slow them slightly and increase the casters movement speed. The skill should last something like 7 seconds and once it ends, all enemies within range shall be knocked towards the caster.

Thing is, I have absolutely NO idea how to code this ability. If anyone could line it out for me or even make the skill for me, it would be much appreciated.

Level 7
Whirlpool.

Even if those won't match 100% your request you should find a ton of such stuff via search engine.

WEHZone: Ask general questions about World Editor features and use in this forum.
Since you're requesting whole spell this topic belongs to Requests subforum.
Well, thing is, I need either enough help OR the skill made by someone. Once I have time, though, I will look through one or two of the skills you posted, however, they are quite a bit different from what I want.

Level 7
Base the ability to Bladestorm then create 2 endurance auras, 1 which slows enemy units and 1 which boosts the caster's movement speed. Then trigger it whenever the caster casts the ability, adds the 2 custom endurance auras to him, and remove them when the spell finishes.
Bladestorm, eh? That would render the unit unable to attack and probably make it immune to spells - gotta try it out a bit with the Data fields, though. It may work as a basic skill, though.

It might also work to create a dummy spell. Once that spell is used, I add a passive ability to slow enemies, a passive to speed him up and a passive permanent immolation. Once the skill should end, these passive abilities should be disabled then.... Could work out well if I use a spellbook.

Then I would still need to create the knock-to - this one is the real problem.

Level 4
Well, you can use Berserk as the main ability (for +movespeed), give yourself "Tornado Slow Aura" to slow units around you and so there's no icon, and trigger the knockback effect. But you need a timer.
When you cast the spell, start timer for 7 seconds. When it expires, all units within range will be sucked into you. The problem now is how you want the knock-to, instant or like a pushback, periodic.

Level 7
Well, you can use Berserk as the main ability (for +movespeed), give yourself "Tornado Slow Aura" to slow units around you and so there's no icon, and trigger the knockback effect. But you need a timer.
When you cast the spell, start timer for 7 seconds. When it expires, all units within range will be sucked into you. The problem now is how you want the knock-to, instant or like a pushback, periodic.
Mh, the knock-to should be instant once the skill ends. The problem is the timer, though - the trigger needs to work for multiple units at the same type. But I can create a dummy with a channeled spell and the channel time will be the "timer" then - the duration of the skill. Did this a few times already~ Using Berserk and the tornado-slow aura seems to be a good idea, though. I also need to use permanent immolation then~
The knock-to is the thing I have no idea how to code, though.
Use permanent immolation for the damage, tornado slow, endurance, knockback or reverse systems are tons in the spell section.
There are? Interesting. Maybe I'll look around there in the hope of finding one. Any you could recommend to me?

Level 7
Level 7
Well, some spells I make mpi instead of mui - simply because more should not be necassary and it would be annoying to recode them. For Hero skills, for example, I am happy enough with mpi. However, as this is definetely a Unit skill, it NEEDS to be mui.

Status
Not open for further replies.