• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which hand?

I am:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So I was curious about which hand is dominant for you guys. To clarify so no one can claim one thing and then say another, I will state the conditions for chosing. You must pick the option that you write with, not the side you do things with, not the side you wish to be, but the hand that you write with.

Level 21
saying right handed is better or worse than left handed is totally irrational and more fundamentally, ilogical. the is no real difference in the personality or abilities of people who are right or left handed, it is simply a dominant chromisome. infact it is similar to say boy are better than girls or vice versa, it is only the affect of chromisomes. it is disfavouring to find that someone i truly believed to be open minded and balanced could be so shallow, even if it is in a matter as small as this. steriotypes are wrong and you all know it. while it would be wrong to disenfranchise people from this vote, i strongly suggest that it is considered in the upmost as irrelivent.

Level 12
Obviously you have not read too many, if any, case studies into the matter Dan.

Left handers tend to be more emotional, higher self-confidence, prone to personality quirks, creative, artistic, empathetic, quicker learners, unpredictable, inductive, intuitive, abstract thinkers, geometric orientation, visual accuity, visual adaptibility, spatial sense, affectionate, and kind hearted.

Right handers tend to be more logical, lower self-esteem, dull, refine more than create, sympathetic, studiers, predictble, deductive, "reverse" thinking (by this I mean look to the past to think of how it affects the future),concrete thinking, algebra oriented, weaker eyes, worse night vision, temporal sense, cold, and more likely to see others as lessers.

Level 21
yes i know that because of side of the brain that control each one, left brain controls right hand, right brain controlls left hand. but its the same with gender, girls are supposed to be more creative and men more logical, but really if you took a random sample of men and women the results would vary. the point im getting across is that you get people who are right handed good at art and people left handed good at maths and oyu can harp on about left being this and rihgt being that but when it comes down to it each person has a varied and induvidual set of abilities, even if scientific genralisation says different. you should know malufa as you do phsycology and you should know that although scientific genralises lefties ad creative and righties as logic, that is rarely 100% accurate, most people are a pretty balanced mix. the key word in both of your paragraphs was tend.

Level 12
Read what I said, I said they tend to be, not they always are. The only thing that is 100% true is that nothing is every 100% accurate, I did not claim otherwise 8)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I am left-handed but I don't think that it matters to how I am.
I am a very smart person (if it comes to me) I read the sciencebooks in the weekend before my exams and I got a 9. 9 is over average and it's OK impressive.
I am very good at playing music. If you give me an instrument (which I have never played before) and give me one hour (or less). I can play a great melody for you.
I understand very fast.
I am very emotional (or how it's spelled). A bit like a woman. And I am very charming, goodlooking and funny.
But I don't think it's because of my left hand..

Level 3
i am already ambidextrous(this means that i am just as good with both of my hands)
and i am about the same as ralle just described o_O
well most of it
i doubt that on an instrument with 1 hour i would be able to play a proper song, but a small melody yea i could.
and i got 94% on my physics GCSE
highest in class
:D
i am great
ish
lol

Level 3
lol
i've done phisics and biology and i'm only 13, and we would be doing chemistry but we have activity week(survival skills, boating, biking, rock climbing...)
so i'm doin it in november.
anyway can there be another option for ambidextrous ralle?

Level 4
i'm an ambidex. It can be argued however cuz my right hand has better handwriting so i use my right hand for writing; however, tasks are distributed equally between my right and left hand. So according to your poll question i am right handed, but i claim to be ambidex.

Level 12
Why are you asking Ras when I am the one who made the post? And, Ryann, I said we are using the neuropsychologists definitition to determine which hand we use. This is also the reason why I did not have an option for ambisinister as very few of us can use both at the same exact time (if you can I applaud you greatly, US President Garfield was like that).

For those of you wondering, ambisinister means two left-hands whereas ambidextrous means two right hands.

Level 12
However that does not make you ambisinister, you must be able to write with both hands at the same time to qualify for that.

Level 12
That is amazing, can he write in different languages or different sentances with each? What is his name?

Level 12
That is cool. I still doubt that 4 people here can write two different strings of sentances with both hands at the same time.

Level 12
I know, thus why I did not include it as an option originally. In fact I am going to go and get rid of it right now because people do not read my post, they just click a button.

Status
Not open for further replies.