• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding Swords/Shields to Hands - the Dummy's Guide.

Level 5
Welcome to the help thread which will help you add Swords to Hands

First import the model into the editor, and ensure it is listed as a model file (by swapping any normal unit file, into that custom model)
= Which is located within Object Editor > Units > Anyunit(ex:footman) > Art - Model File.
Ensure your imported model works by saving, and restarting warcraft editor.

Next comes the easy step. First I would like to point out, that you are making a custom model HERO, it should have points for hands, head, chest, and feet. If you do not have those attachment points ( I dont mean seeing hands and stuff, but rather attachment points are stuff we cant see)
I suggest if you dont know what im talking about, Dont bother making a custom model.

First make a Buff/Effect under Divine Shield (just an example, you could use any type of buff/effect)
Change to the following:

Animation Names - ""
Target - Custom Model Sword.mdx
Art Caster Attachment Points - "left, hand"
(possible points I am aware of are: "left, hand" "right, hand" "head" "chest" "left, leg" "right, leg" "origin")
If you wish to put the sword in the left AND the right hand at the same time of picking up the item, you must write, "left, hand, right, hand"
Art - Target Attachments - Add up the number of points you have, "left, hand" being 1 point.
Text - Name - Custom Model Sword Buff (you need this for reference)

Create an ability using a copied version of "Item Hero Stat Bonus + 3". Its an ability, so scroll down the list until you find something with nearly the same name.
Data Agility bonus - 0
Data Str bonus - 0
Data Int bonus - 0
Stat Buffs - Custom Model Sword Buff (the buff that we just made)
Text Name - Two hander Sword
Text Editor Suffix - "Big huge sword" << this is for your own reference only

Next Create the custom item you want.
and simply put just do this quickly and you have your model on your guy.
Abilities Abilities - "Two hander Sword"

However this doesnt give any actual bonuses, damage, health, etc. You will need to go back and modify the abilities to suit your item and add them into the item like I just previously discussed using the Abilities - Abilities section of the item.

Level 19
uhm .. Sorry I don't like it.
Use some colors, and split up the things so its easyer to read.
Maybe add screenshots ?
First import the model into the editor, and ensure it is listed as a model file (by swapping any normal unit file, into that custom model)
Attach another tutorial or explain how to do it.
Some 'noobies' won't get it.