• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Which base ability should I take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJE

JJE

Level 2
Hi,

I recently started to work a bit with WC3-Editor, as well with Jass.
Then I came to an idea of an ability and I really dont know which Base ability I should take.

The problem is that the target is a tree.
Firstly, I tried out Eat Tree, but there is the problem that the Tree dies, what I dont want at all.
Afterwards, I tried out Sentinel, but obviously I cannot target the Tree more than once if I use this base ability. I dont want this either.
I tried some things out with removing at Purge ability everything that is targetable except of the trees and I tried to make Chain Lightning only targetable for trees (with 1 target ofc). None of this did work, since I wasnt able to target trees afterwards.

A few more information:
The ability is just a dummy ability for a script.
It should do nothing except single-target a tree. Then it should do nothing at all with the tree or with something other.

I hope you can help me and thx in advance for every useful post :)

Last edited:

JJE

JJE

Level 2
I tried out with Naisha, but the problem stays the same as with the other Sentinel spell: The oil cant be removed.

I wanted to try now with Purge, but the problem is following, I hope I tried it the right way:

I created another Dummy Unit, that would cast Purge on the tree right after Ability was being cast and delete it afterwards.
The problem: A unit targeting a destructable can only make following things with GUI: Attack, Right-Click, Harvest and the 3 skills Sentinel, Eat Tree and War Club but not Purge. I even tried to make it with a custom Purge, but this makes no difference at all.

Level 5
Heh, it's true, there is no such unit order as Purge for Destructibles in the editor D:
Not confirmed solutions:
1. There is a function in JASS that would allow you to cast Purge on Destructible
2. The sentinel is summoned unit, so trigger's even would be 'a unit summons a unit' and you ould cast Orc Shaman - Purge on the (Summoned Unit).

If both do not work, I am helpless.

JJE

JJE

Level 2
Maybe use eat tree and return the tree as soon as it dies?

Tried out, but I didnt find neither a function in GUI to skip the Death Animation of the tree, nor did the return happen, although i had it in a trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.