• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which animation work for phoenix fire skill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'll be straight here, I have animation of my "predator" model that it attacks with its 2 cannons, I want this animation to be used with the modified "phoenix fire" skill. tried almost everything: alternate, spell, attack.

1635055549329.png

do you know how to animate the skill? if you can help I appreciate it!

Level 4
Não está totalmente claro para mim o que você deseja alcançar. Você quer mudar a arte do míssil da habilidade Phoenix Fire? Isso pode ser alcançado em 'arte de mísseis de arte' no Editor de Objetos.
Actually, it's another: why can't I animate the phoenix fire skill animation? that's what i'm trying to fix

Last edited:
Level 4
Can't do that with phoenix fire.
The only way to make this work properly is using dummies/projectile system and adding an animation tag like alternate when you detect that the sponsons are firing. The tank model would also need alternate stand/attack/walk animations where the secondary weapons are firing.

And how can I do this? do you know or know anyone who has done this?

Level 23
I use dummies in my vanguard strike map, but haven't implemented the alternate animations yet. I might get to it eventually tho.

The way I planned to do this is detecting "unit is attacked" by a dummy, loading dummy's owner tank from hashtable and giving animation tag to the tank for ~1 sec. Then every tank model would need a copy of walk/attack/stand (matrix eater can be used to copy animations) but with bursts visible on sponsons.

Level 4
I use dummies in my vanguard strike map, but haven't implemented the alternate animations yet. I might get to it eventually tho.

The way I planned to do this is detecting "unit is attacked" by a dummy, loading dummy's owner tank from hashtable and giving animation tag to the tank for ~1 sec. Then every tank model would need a copy of walk/attack/stand (matrix eater can be used to copy animations) but with bursts visible on sponsons.
As I don't know how to make a trigger, but I intend to learn, do you know anyone who has done it here on the forum or link?

Level 4

I understand, in the meantime I'm trying here and learn trigger how it works, I appreciate the help!

Level 4
No one has done this before as far as I know. I started writing a system for it because of needing it in my 40k map too, but no guarantees and it's in cjass so you'd need 1.26+jngp to use it. I'll post the system here if I finish it.
If you want something from me, I have all Dawn of War races: Soulstorm, icons, models, effects, attack sounds and speeches.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Here's a slightly edited version of this missile system -> Missile [GUI] version 1.6.1

The example in my map shows how to use this system to create a custom bouncing missile. In your case you would want something a lot more simple (scrap all of the bouncing stuff).

The official map (not my edited version) also has examples that are very helpful in understanding how to use the system.

That being said, I suggest using my edited version of the system since I fixed a big issue the original had-although there's always the slight chance that I was just using the system wrong. The original design made it so that homing missiles that would chase after a target (think Storm Bolt) would trigger their collision effects on units that they passed through (think Shockwave damaging each unit it passes through). I couldn't find a way to turn this behavior off so I edited the code and added a new Boolean variable.

Missile_IsSingleTarget can be set to True to make a Missile ignore units it collides with besides the primary target. Setting it to False or not Setting it at all will default to the original shockwave-like behavior.

Attachments

• Missile Example.w3m
    56.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Level 23
spon_screen.png

For now the tank gets its animation changed when the sponsons fire. Haven't messed with bone rotation yet.

The settings are in the "vehicle data" trigger. Number of sponsons and their position relative to the tank's center, facing angle and arc of fire size.

Edit: added fire arc limit. I.e. the left gun can only fire in front and to the left of the tank.

Attachments

• sponson_system.w3x
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Level 4
View attachment 388862
For now the tank gets its animation changed when the sponsons fire. Haven't messed with bone rotation yet.

The settings are in the "vehicle data" trigger. Number of sponsons and their position relative to the tank's center, facing angle and arc of fire size.

Edit: added fire arc limit. I.e. the left gun can only fire in front and to the left of the tank.
I have a map where the bone rotation is, do you want it? (It wasn't made by me but by someone here at Hive)

Attachments

• Turret Test.w3x
    90.8 KB · Views: 9
Level 23
Can't open, must be a Reforged map.
For now I'm trying to make the model's heavy bolters rotate properly to face dummy's targets in the alternate animations. They rotate fine in normal animations but won't in the alternate for some reason... Will take a look at it again tomorrow.

Level 4
For now I'm trying to make the model's heavy bolters rotate properly to face dummy's targets in the alternate animations. They rotate fine in normal animations but won't in the alternate for some reason... Will take a look at it again tomorrow.
I'll post the trigger here for you, so just a moment.

Level 4
Não é possível abrir, deve ser um mapa reformado.
Por enquanto, estou tentando fazer os pesados pesados do modelo girarem par para enfrentar os alvos do manequim nas animações alternativas. Eles giram bem em animações normais, mas não alternativo por algum motivo ... Vou dar uma olhada novamente amanhã.
  • TurretLoop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Máquina de Cerco) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set VariableSet u = (Picked unit)
          • Set VariableSet p = (Owner of u)
          • Custom script: set udg_x = GetUnitX(udg_u)
          • Custom script: set udg_y = GetUnitY(udg_u)
          • Custom script: call GroupEnumUnitsInRange(udg_g, udg_x, udg_y, 700.00, null)
          • Set VariableSet u2 = No unit
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in g and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • u2 Equal to No unit
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set VariableSet u2 = (Picked unit)
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (u2 is Ethereal) Equal to False
                      • (u2 is A flying unit) Equal to False
                      • (u2 is visible to p.) Equal to True
                      • (u2 belongs to an enemy of p.) Equal to True
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Custom script: call SetUnitLookAt( udg_u, "bone_turret", udg_u2, 0, 0, 90 )
                      • Set VariableSet Projectile_Count = (Projectile_Count + 1)
                      • Set VariableSet Projectile_Damage[Projectile_Count] = 100.00
                      • Custom script: set bj_lastCreatedUnit = CreateUnit(udg_p, 'e000', udg_x, udg_y, bj_RADTODEG*Atan2(GetUnitY(udg_u2)-udg_y, GetUnitX(udg_u2)-udg_x))
                      • Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 50.00 at 0.00
                      • Set VariableSet Projectile_Dummy[Projectile_Count] = (Last created unit)
                      • Set VariableSet Projectile_Speed[Projectile_Count] = 30.00
                      • Set VariableSet Projectile_Target[Projectile_Count] = u2
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Set VariableSet u2 = No unit
                • Else - Actions
  • ProjectileLoop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer Projectile_Index) from 1 to Projectile_Count, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set VariableSet r = Projectile_Speed[Projectile_Index]
          • Set VariableSet u = Projectile_Dummy[Projectile_Index]
          • Set VariableSet u2 = Projectile_Target[Projectile_Index]
          • Custom script: set udg_x = GetUnitX(udg_u)
          • Custom script: set udg_y = GetUnitY(udg_u)
          • Custom script: set udg_x2 = GetUnitX(udg_u2)
          • Custom script: set udg_y2 = GetUnitY(udg_u2)
            • If - Conditions
              • (((x - x2) x (x - x2)) + ((y - y2) x (y - y2))) Greater than (32.00 x 32.00)
            • Then - Actions
              • Set VariableSet a = (Atan2((y2 - y), (x2 - x)))
              • Set VariableSet x = (x + ((Cos(a)) x r))
              • Set VariableSet y = (y + ((Sin(a)) x r))
              • Custom script: call SetUnitX(udg_u, udg_x)
              • Custom script: call SetUnitY(udg_u, udg_y)
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Kill u
              • Set VariableSet Projectile_Dummy[Projectile_Index] = Projectile_Dummy[Projectile_Count]
              • Set VariableSet Projectile_Speed[Projectile_Index] = Projectile_Speed[Projectile_Count]
              • Set VariableSet Projectile_Damage[Projectile_Index] = Projectile_Damage[Projectile_Count]
              • Set VariableSet Projectile_Target[Projectile_Index] = Projectile_Target[Projectile_Count]
              • Set VariableSet Projectile_Count = (Projectile_Count - 1)
              • Set VariableSet Projectile_Index = (Projectile_Index - 1)

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64

It's very hard to read the trigger like that :p

You can actually just highlight your text and click the Gear icon labeled "Warcraft 3 trigger" as a shortcut.

Level 4
About your trigger, will it be possible to reproduce the Baneblade from Dawn of War for Warcraft 3 or is it impossible? and is it possible to rotate as alternate weapons or just with a dummy in weapon model?

Level 23
The baneblade as in, bigger tank with more guns? If you have a model for it. You can add more weapons and vehicles by copying text, right now the max number of extra weapons is 6 but it can be changed too (there's a constant MAXSPONSONS = 6).

I tried making rotation of parts of the model, but it doesn't work with the alternate animations for some reason.

Level 4
The baneblade as in, bigger tank with more guns? If you have a model for it. You can add more weapons and vehicles by copying text, right now the max number of extra weapons is 6 but it can be changed too (there's a constant MAXSPONSONS = 6).

I tried making rotation of parts of the model, but it doesn't work with the alternate animations for some reason.
I have all Dawn of War: Soulstorm models that are these races at the moment: Chaos, Dark Eldar, Eldar, Necrons, Orks, Sister of Battle, Space Marine, Tau Empire.
if you want a model, just let me know, i'm willing to help you if you want, of course haha

Status
Not open for further replies.