• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where shall I start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey peeps, I was just wondering where somewhat of a newb at modding and whatnot gets started around here. I want to contribute to the site and all, but I have virtually nil skills in modelling/texturing, I can pull off some very basic triggering, and I'm not so great with original terrain. So any suggestions on where to start? Should I just read some tutorials, and try my hand at making a few melee maps or something? Thanks for any help :)

Aight thanks redscores. I tried yesterday, and I took upwards of 10 minutes re-figure out how to add water to the map :p. Might need a bit more trial with my error. Thanks again :)

Last edited:
Level 22
If you want to do triggering I would advise you to start with GUI and follow some tutorials. Once you get the hang of it try go over to JASS which is a scripting language in wc3. GUI is a graphical version of that language. After you're getting decent in JASS you should go over to vJASS. If you already have some experience with other languages such as C++/C# or Java you can go directly from GUI to vJASS. vJASS is, btw, just an extension to JASS and gives you a bit more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.