• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

When the Freedom Slips Away and This Wreckage Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
I'm a big fan of RDZ's maps, so I decided to start a general discussion about them. If you played the maps, write anything you'd like about them, ask questions etc and hopefully RDZ or someone else could answer. If you haven't played the maps, then you should do so. :)

I'll start, with a question - in 'This Wreckage', how can you reach the bandit lord, 'Captain Griffen\Griffin'? I know that it is a reference to the Captain Griffin from WC3C, I'm just curious to know how, exactly, can you reach and kill him, or talk to him or whatever. (If I remember correctly, he is in the northern annex, and is surrounded by a band of creeps, they were forest trolls or just simple bandits I think)

Level 49
What, Kael, you only discovered Uralion the traveler...? There's a fuckload of other companions you can get. The fugitive girl, the ancient knowledge construct, the nighelf girl etc.

I've got another question so lets hope all of them will be answered at one batch. :p
In When the Freedom Slips Away, how do you reach the Murloc Myrmidon, and where is the murloc village seen in the ending cinematic? About the Myrmidon - I summoned water elementals and got stuck in there once, but I'm sure there's some way to destroy those destructible rocks?

Level 23
Companions pretty much are expendable if you're a pro.

If you see indestructible rocks, then there is something quest-related hiding behind them. Or a giant Scorpid.

1. Captain Gryphon is in the jungle, and is associated with Midge's quest. But I think you mean Captain Zhao in the mountain with the Mur'gul, who are all a part of a Special Agent's quest line (not the main quest swamp Special Agent). And I never used forest trolls ;_;
2. Kelljn's jungle stop is in the top half of Agent City, near the Yellow Scholar.
3. The Myrmidon is related to the Murloc side-story. You can find their village by walking up to some suspicious trees in Thirlmir.
4. The exploding Sporelings? Magic is probably the best bet, since nobody has a ranged attack.

Level 1
Hello, just joined the Hive, just got re addicted to WC3, and checking out some new RPG type maps, RDZ are great, and I look forward to Kael project as well.
now on to the meat of the sammie!
I need a hint, I am stuck in the southern swamp area. I was tasked with gathering 14 magic 'mushrooms, and all I caught was '....NW of Murlocs' in the message ??? I have scoured the area for over an hour, and it is not that big of an area, but I cannot find the magic mushroom patch ?
Help.
Also the pig dieeeeed. Is it a big deal, I hadn't saved in a while, so -I just kept on, Is it a big deal, should I re start before and make sure he lives ?
Thanks ,
-G

Level 23
The pig's death isn't a big deal in terms of the main plot, but you won't be able to 100% the map without him.

The Mur'gul base isn't in the swamp, but in the main temple area. You've been to the place before; it's where you found the key for the south gate... Some trees have collapsed to reveal a further area of the Mur'gul base.

Level 1
And whatever anyone does, Do not, I repeat DO NOT attack the big dog in your base, he will very quickly chow you and your party. Found that out the hard way....
Mmmmmm wonder what happens is I try to target this dog with that spell.....
dead.
-Lol.

Level 1
K, things are going well on the main quest line.
Couple of the side quests have me stumped:
1.) The Emerald Hill Zone, I cannot find the statue to place the emerald on, been all over the Southern Annex(the Swamp), am I looking in wrong spot.

2.)And again in the same area I think, the Living Stone sidequest, the statue that is supposed to come to life when it gets dark ?? Cannot find it ?

3.) the Research project, I killed the Aerark(IIRC) and I got the egg, but I cannot find the proper scholar to give it too, and I have found them all, anyone recall which scholar wants the egg???
Thats all I guess, and I dont ask a question until I really try for quite a while, these are three that have been nagging me for a bit.
Found all the Scholars, just starting on the last series now I think, just got the Codex quest!
Thanks RDZ.

Oh, in This Wreckage, I would like to make sure that I get all of the companions.
So far, I'm at the part where I save the officer girl after Balthasar... Exploded?
I saved and quitted a few minutes after.
I got the Fan of Knives skill first, and then the Howl of Terror skill next. Both are level 4, and I got level 2 Attribute bonus. I'm Level 10, got me a Starfall Ore Sword, the (Fel Rock Shield, was it?), and loads of consumables. I really like how the wands create an effect on your backpack, and create a nice blend with your model.

I'm not too far into the game, yet I'm pretty strong.
So, I have the Construct, and I don't want to miss any companions AT ALL. So can you guys like, guide me a bit?

I gots Uralon. I got Rage (Berserk) as my third skill, and all my skills are now level six, except for my ultimate or something. I don't have it yet, so I have two free skill points to spend. I'm V26, I got the Glyph Sword, I got lots of stuff.

I want to know if bringing Anna and being called a bastard will be a good choice, or to keep her away from the Empire for two days?

Status
Not open for further replies.