• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

whats with the art section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
pictures of atryl's such as http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Art&ID=720&sid=
and a bunch he posted in a row, along with other good drawings gets burried under long streams of screenshots.

i doubt anyone wants to see the screenshot, not only they're the ugliness's symbol in most of the times, since its most likely a screenshot of a terrain someone did ( nothing special ) but the other pictures that were worth looking at gets pushed, and keeps being pushed since a couple of months.

should screenshots still be allowed?

Level 13
ive noticed the same thing. screenshots should not be allowed because they are too simple and easy to make. good art is buried from deliberate spamming in the art section, like Black_Terror did. and i dont see any warning for posting 7 screenshots that are pointless spam, and 3 or so art projects that he stole and did not give credit to the real maker.

this is a serious problem

Level 12
hm...
I'm tempted to say that this should be in the art section... but its not

Any way, Tis true screenshots arn't art but in reality there is no other place to put them besides post them as new topics

So it's true you have the inconvienience of the crap but isn't that true about all sections?

Crap skins, Models, Maps, Spells all the frequently updated sections are about 95% crap and .5% goodness (4.5% are ok) And this brings me to my next point...

We need to do some cleaning, Maybe each year during the spring the mods are allowed to delete what ever they incredibly dislike or find to be a useless peice

So yes you will probably still have to deal with the crap, but i'm sure you've gotten used to that by now

Level 8
Yes, there are too much fuckin' screenies in the art section. And yes, takin' a screenie isn't art, especially not takin' warcraft screenies (the only game I know where screenies really can be described as "art" is FarCry, but I won't describe what art it is cuz I think that I would be banned for this).

However, it would be great if screenshots wouldn't be submitted to the art section. So, it shouldn't be allowed anymore, I think, especially after Black_Terror's spamming assault.

Level 13
well.... it just happened again

we need another mod that is always online and can just delete this stuff.

Level 7
SOPHO you numbnut, you!!! :evil: I've allready requested 2 times for the 11 game-covers to be deleted, I imagine I am not the only one! Those were submitted by Primussucks - a whole nother story is Black-terror... WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? :evil: I really loathe this last weeks turn of events - started out with an amazing submission roll, and then gets kicked away be advertising fools and spammer hacker motha ***** :evil: I get so mad! oof!

Afronight_76 yes he did! But check when was the last time that thing was answered too by anyone? And then check the dates in between posts, WHICH IS DAMN SAD FOR SUCH AN IMPORTANT TOPIC!

While I am at it, the art section could do with some organising! Like how models and skins are categoratized, could the pictures and wallpapers and whatnot be divided into thier own respective section, so you had an easier way around, AND pictures would have a longer lifespan, commentwise! It is ALSO important for the artist to have good reviews, and as it is now, I take it, that half of the assumeably GREAT commenters, never bothers more then 2 or three pics, simply because the impression you get when you open up the art section, is a mess!

Good Call, Wormskull!

Level 21
Rexfist Malice said:
SOPHO you numbnut, you!!! :evil: I've allready requested 2 times for the 11 game-covers to be deleted, I imagine I am not the only one! Those were submitted by Primussucks - a whole nother story is Black-terror... WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? :evil: I really loathe this last weeks turn of events - started out with an amazing submission roll, and then gets kicked away be advertising fools and spammer hacker motha ***** :evil: I get so mad! oof!

Afronight_76 yes he did! But check when was the last time that thing was answered too by anyone? And then check the dates in between posts, WHICH IS DAMN SAD FOR SUCH AN IMPORTANT TOPIC!

While I am at it, the art section could do with some organising! Like how models and skins are categoratized, could the pictures and wallpapers and whatnot be divided into thier own respective section, so you had an easier way around, AND pictures would have a longer lifespan, commentwise! It is ALSO important for the artist to have good reviews, and as it is now, I take it, that half of the assumeably GREAT commenters, never bothers more then 2 or three pics, simply because the impression you get when you open up the art section, is a mess!

Good Call, Wormskull!

Who do you think you are talking to? I have been away for a while and I will clean the art section afterwards today. If I ignored you and it was a long time ago, then request it again, I am not free.

Also, it is not my fault that the art section lacks in improvements, features and fixes, if the art section is really needed, then the Admin should add some new features into it. I try my best moderating that section.

Level 7
heh, :oops: I'm sorry if it felt like I was assaulting your work - I was not :wink:

btw. glad to see the gamecovers submissions has been cleaned away :)

- it creates frustration, think nothing of it

Level 4
Why not just get in touch with someone high up and see if they'll make a seperate section for screenshots. Unless its not worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.