1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Map Section (Including what was tried)

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by LegolasArcher, Nov 2, 2005.

?

Do you experiance this bug?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LegolasArcher

LegolasArcher

Resources:
    Resources:
    To my surprise, when I attempted to access the map section over the past week, all I get is the navigation and header (Paypal link, mini-banners to other sites, etc). After searching around, I tried the following:

• Viewing in Firefox.
    • Viewing in Internet Explorer (Shudder).
    • Viewing in Opera.
    • Clearing cookies and cache for all 3 browsers.
    • Trying again for several days later at night.

The only thing I haven't been able to try is changing the number of maps per page, since I haven't been able to find any setting that might do that. Oddly, every other section loads fairly quickly, even with a good number of elements on the page. Not onlyd oes the main map page not function, any maps directly linked to exihbit the exact same behavior.

If it's any help, this is the last peice of HTML code that is loaded prior to the page transfer being "complete":

Code (Text):
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    var x;
    var y;
    var MiniMap;

function OpenMinimap(myURL,myWidth,myHeight)
    {
        x=0;
        y=0;
        if (MiniMap)
        if (MiniMap.closed == false)
        {
            x = eval(myWidth  - MiniMap.sizeX);
            y = eval(myHeight  - MiniMap.sizeY);
        }
        MiniMap = window.open(myURL + '&t=Screenshot&sizeX=' + myWidth + '&sizeY=' + myHeight + '&x=' + x + '&y=' + y,'Screenshot','width=' + myWidth + ',height=' + myHeight + ',left=0,top=0');
    }

//-->
    </script>

It appears that the code sent is truncated prematurely, before any of the actual content is generated. Since I have used every popular browser with clean cookies and a cache; even with my firewall disabled, I doubt this problem lies on my end. If there's anything I could do to help get this problem fixed, please tell me.[/list]

2. Herio-san

Herio-san

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All sections of this website have the same problem from time to time and its not the website but much rather the great ammount of traffic thats on it constantly. The only thing you can do is hit the refresh button and wait for it to load..

3. ZombieLordzero

ZombieLordzero

Resources:
    Resources:
    i was wondering where the grid was generated. i saw the empty gird, and wondered what caused it. guess i know now

4. LegolasArcher

LegolasArcher

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've never had this problem with another section (All appear to load quickly and without error), but the map section never works. I've tried almost every hour of the day (Based on a suggestion that there would be less traffic), and refreshed it 20+ times after every attempt. Theres definely something else going on here than server lag, since it occurs only in one specific section (Unless there are different servers for certain sections).

5. Doodi

Doodi

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, I didn't experience any bugs...

6. oz02

oz02

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually, I'm pretty sure the maps section is hosted by wc3campaigns, so that would explain the problem.

7. LegolasArcher

LegolasArcher

Resources:
    Resources:
    That might explain it, since they seem to be going through a major rewrite. I don't understand why that would only effect certain people though. Thank you for giving a resonable explanation, instead of just telling me to refresh the page and locking the thread (As seems very common on this subject).

8. Herio-san

Herio-san

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thats true wc3 campaigns is going though a big change (although its been like that the entire time iv been subscribed to this website)..this subject should probably be pinned along with the real explination because there are many questions like it..

9. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ive never had any problems at all with the maps section, nor with any of the others!

10. LegolasArcher

LegolasArcher

Resources:
    Resources:
    Even stranger, I looked at the map section on a different computer in this house, and it worked fine (If a bit slow). i'm pretty sure I'm using the same browser versions on both, and the same OS.