• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Section (Including what was tried)

Do you experiance this bug?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
To my surprise, when I attempted to access the map section over the past week, all I get is the navigation and header (Paypal link, mini-banners to other sites, etc). After searching around, I tried the following:

• Viewing in Firefox.
  • Viewing in Internet Explorer (Shudder).
  • Viewing in Opera.
  • Clearing cookies and cache for all 3 browsers.
  • Trying again for several days later at night.

The only thing I haven't been able to try is changing the number of maps per page, since I haven't been able to find any setting that might do that. Oddly, every other section loads fairly quickly, even with a good number of elements on the page. Not onlyd oes the main map page not function, any maps directly linked to exihbit the exact same behavior.

If it's any help, this is the last peice of HTML code that is loaded prior to the page transfer being "complete":

Code:
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
var x;
var y;
var MiniMap;

function OpenMinimap(myURL,myWidth,myHeight)
{
	x=0;
	y=0;
	if (MiniMap)
	if (MiniMap.closed == false)
	{
		x = eval(myWidth  - MiniMap.sizeX);
		y = eval(myHeight  - MiniMap.sizeY);
	}
	MiniMap = window.open(myURL + '&t=Screenshot&sizeX=' + myWidth + '&sizeY=' + myHeight + '&x=' + x + '&y=' + y,'Screenshot','width=' + myWidth + ',height=' + myHeight + ',left=0,top=0');
}

//-->
</script>

It appears that the code sent is truncated prematurely, before any of the actual content is generated. Since I have used every popular browser with clean cookies and a cache; even with my firewall disabled, I doubt this problem lies on my end. If there's anything I could do to help get this problem fixed, please tell me.[/list]

Level 1
I've never had this problem with another section (All appear to load quickly and without error), but the map section never works. I've tried almost every hour of the day (Based on a suggestion that there would be less traffic), and refreshed it 20+ times after every attempt. Theres definely something else going on here than server lag, since it occurs only in one specific section (Unless there are different servers for certain sections).

Level 1
That might explain it, since they seem to be going through a major rewrite. I don't understand why that would only effect certain people though. Thank you for giving a resonable explanation, instead of just telling me to refresh the page and locking the thread (As seems very common on this subject).

Level 1
Even stranger, I looked at the map section on a different computer in this house, and it worked fine (If a bit slow). i'm pretty sure I'm using the same browser versions on both, and the same OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.