• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is downloading down? - What the heck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I tried to download a model from the recources section of the hive and it took me to a white page with this and it didn't let me download it

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource
in /var/www/vhosts/hiveworkshop.com/resources_hidden/pages/models/download.php on line 54

Please help

Level 7
Hmmm the only explanation I can think of is that when the models were on wc3sear some had a broken link. And when the models were imported to THW they would still be broken. Only thing I can think of sorry.

Level 15
The server has been having trouble at certain times of day due to heavy traffic.

It's currently slow (right now) because someone a single person is currently hitting the server with 150 connections.

EDIT: Fixed. It's now fast again. In fact, the whole site should be running a lot faster now.

Level 8
The server has been having trouble at certain times of day due to heavy traffic.

It's currently slow (right now) because someone a single person is currently hitting the server with 150 connections.

Shouldn't be there an option to prevent such an abuse of the server mass hitting. I do not know everything about these things. :emote_huh:

Chaos

Level 15
Shouldn't be there an option to prevent such an abuse of the server mass hitting. I do not know everything about these things. :emote_huh:

Chaos
It's a lot harder to do than it seems, mainly because there are so many ways people can be sneaky about overloading a site. (they can do it from multiple locations at once, and it can be hard to track and identify)

Some sites spend tons of money protecting themselves from traffic attacks.

Hopefully, this won't be a problem for Hive.

Status
Not open for further replies.