• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Whats most effects anti block trigger for TD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Whats the most effective way to make creeps attack a tower when they are blocked? right now in my TD map when i was testing i setted up a maze that is blocked at the start.

the creeps would reach the blocked end and wait maybe 1-2 seconds before destorying it and moving on.

but when make a maze thats not blocked, then quickly block it when the creeps are in the maze they get really confused. they would stand on the blocked section for maybe 5-10 seconds before desotrying the barricade.

do anyone know anything systems/triggers that would make mazing more efficent for me?

+ rep for help

and yes i know about the adding AOE upon death spell to a unit then exploding it. i don't want to use it because i have bosses in TD.

Level 28
I personally do not like those systems, because:

1) Accidental blocking will be punished with the maze being destroyed
2) No gold is given in return.

Instead, sell the towers (for 100%, if possible).
Just make a dummy unit (locust, invulnerable, wind walk - model = "_") walk constantly through the map, like the normal creeps would move.
When the dummy unit is ordered an order without a target (or something), it means he has stopped and this the maze is blocked.
Then you only need to sell the surrounding towers and the path is free.

Use wind walk because it will not hinder the other units' path

Level 28
Use a referee like line tower wars does, but make him invisible and kill him when he attacks a tower (so he can only kill 1 tower)

The problem with the referee is that you can block immeadiately after he passed, so there will be a moment that the creeps will not be able to pass through, when you see the referee coming, you can easily sell the blocking tower again.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
The problem with the referee is that you can block immeadiately after he passed, so there will be a moment that the creeps will not be able to pass through, when you see the referee coming, you can easily sell the blocking tower again.

But if there are a lot of referee's and you can't see them coming...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well it would remove the ability to customize your maze. It however would garuntee that everyone's maze is equally as good, can not be blocked and give people with lack of pathing skills better ingame results. Also you could let them choose from a list of templates. Remember that triggers can change pathing and terrain.

Level 7
Well I've also had this problem but instead of using the inefficient Line Tower War idea, I asked Pender (maker of Mazing Contest map) which has an anti-block feature. He linked me to a page where he has uploaded a basic file of the anti-block but I forgot the url...I'll find it later. Anyways, if your maze is a square or rectangle, I can help you. The one he showed me doesn't allow a little square for the exit and entrance for creeps but I didn't need that for my TD, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.