• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Some questions for a td

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi i was wondering what is the best way to go about an anti blocking system for a td and what a trigger for that would look like.

I also had a non trigger related question.

How do you make a unit only take up one square like in every other mazing td(pathing wise)?

Level 2
I don't know about an anti-block, but you're other problem is easy to sort

Go into the object properties and set the 'Pathing - Collision Size' field to 1.00 and the 'Pathing - Pathing Map' field to 'Barrel <base>'

Level 15
As for the anti-block, the easier way to do that is to simply set the ground pathing of their route to unbuildable and aside from that, you could just add the attack and order the units to move so when they can't pass, move order is canceled and they begin attacking, just as redscores said. Also, when a building is destroyed, you should re-order them to move, just to check if they can pass.

Level 28
Anti-block... well, thats nearly impossible to do, just give the creeps attack and order them with move, so if they wait too long on a tower they will start to attack.
Well it is.. but as i tested it for my map, it was kinda buggy.
I made an invisible unit with attack which had a movementspeed of about 522.
That one should care for eventual blocks - like in line tower wars. But as long as one doesn't give the locust-ability, this unit has collison and so it also can be in stuck, AND as result, attack towers.
So i decided to just give the selling-value (75%) of the tower back to it's owner in case it should be killed by a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.