1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Do you have good ideas for new contests? If so, please open new threads in the Contest Submission sub-forum to discuss them.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What you did today v1.0

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WILL THE ALMIGHTY, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKurt009

TheKurt009

Resources:
    Resources:
    no spoilies!

2. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm going to get "Beats by Dr. Dre" today (Studio model because the Pro model can only be found in the US)

I watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9LH_y159sg&ob=av3e

I also convinced my dad to get me iPhone 5 when it's released this september :p

3. Don-Para-

Don-Para-

Resources:
    Resources:
    BEP sucks now.

4. -Berz-

-Berz-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Went to work, watched some TV, worked some more, shower, this.

5. Dynamiczx

Dynamiczx

Resources:
    Resources:
    What's BEP?

6. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know nobody will seriously help this, but how to make a girl believe via text that I love her? (I don't lol)

7. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Dont do it :3

8. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    6_9 Derp.......

Anyways, picked up more stuff for my Dorm when I start Uni

9. Dromlexer

Dromlexer

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Today I celebrated my dad's birthday with whole family. But his brithday was yesterday, but it was only me and my mom who celebrated him. I played a lot of Ipod games at way home.

EDIT: Added a thing what I have done at home. =3
    I learned to build custom stuff for my Wow private server. It was fun, I gonna create the biggest town ever.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  10. sunwarrior25

sunwarrior25

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Today, my brother and I tried desperately to setup an Ethernet connection between our computers to no avail.

We also didn't eat much for some reason (maybe it was the heat? We had the air conditioners on...).

And I just now typed this up. No clue where to put it:
    It starts as a list of ideas, then it just turns into a mini-rant in random places.
    Methods of Scoring:

Control Points - Capture points of interest on the map by either killing them (the easy way) or by having more units than the opponent in an area to get a bar to fill up to a certain color (the 2-player-totally-not-taken-from-guild-wars-what-are-you-talking-about way).
    Kill things - Including opponents, monsters, the enemy spawn point(s), the moon, etc.
    Capture the flag/obliguitory-other-object - yup.
    GTFO - or t... yeah, wrong way around.

Neat perks, details, shenanigans:

=> All Maps <=

- You do not need 100000 goddamn levels for a 30 minute game. >.<"
    - A million heroes would be nice, but if they turn into clones of the opponents, or even other heroes on their own team... scrap 'em.
    - Adding cheap tomes will cause Agility based heroes (or any hero, due to the way Agility works) to become "imbalanced". Be careful.
    - When you get close to finishing your map, feel free to start turning "Map Boundary on top of Dirt/Grass/Snow" into "Map Boundary behind Rock Wall/Regular Wall/Cliff/Barricade/Broken Bridge" or something.
    - I am biased towards a lower level count from having played Guild Wars. Seriously though, do you really need 100 levels for 5 abilities?
    - Canned heroes can have surprising plot twists, while original heroes can become canned. Sucks, don't it?
    - I'd complain about swearing, but then I remember the game got a Teen Rating. Just, try to tone it down, and remember, "It Makes Sense In Context" (thank you, TVTropes).
    - Those are some sweet BTNs! Too bad the green screen comes out when the game's paused (or while I'm waiting for the ability to cooldown [or, while I'm waiting to be unSilenced]).
    - Aw man, that's one cool item, too bad there's a cheaper one exactly like it TWO SHELVES AWAY! Jeez... Oh... My hero can't equip that type... darn... No refunds? What? What. WHAT?!?

=> Push (AoS/DoTA) / Control Point <=

- Have reinforcements appear from *gasp* BEHIND the base! :-O Subsequently, have "special order" units appear in the wave *AFTER* the next (to show for travel time).
    - Sci-Fi maps can make use of Drop Ships / Transport Choppers to drop infantry, and heavier carriers for artillery. As a bonus, have a capturable base in the center, and allow Drop Ships/Choppers to drop closer to that.

=> RPG <=

- Your Save/Load system is nice and all, but... I don't have a good internet connection, so when you prevent me from saving the normal way... I know, I know, "host a darn bot". Sorry, I don't want to use 3rd party tools if I can help it.
    - Um... Where exactly am I supposed to go exactly? I keep starting in the middle of town, with no sense of direction- Somehow, that is different from starting in the middle of nowhere with no sense of direction.
    - Why does everyone want me to do their chores for them without any good excuse for not being able to do now raocow?
    - Ok, so I complained about grinding earlier. Why must I kill a bajillion rabbits to become king of the hobbits?

=> Escapes <=

- This is not directed at 'every' one, but really, do I really need to escape on dirt tiles while dodging fluffy sheep-trolls? Whilst staring at the black void around me? I think Blizzard made floating rocks. You could at least disable their pathing (set it to 'None), make 'em walkable, and place them about here and there.
    - It's not about having BAWLZ Energy Drink or Extreme Gut(ter)z of (fake) Steel. It's about being able to withstand your cheap hits you I Wanna Be The Guy Wannabe. (Again, not directed at every one, just some.)

=> Fan-Games <=

- We know there wasn't a good place for your fanfic, but... Oh, you're actually trying to make a good map. Well, uh, carry on then.

Man, not much happened today... :cry:

11. Icoria

Icoria

Resources:
    Resources:
    I talked with Tankeh and did the caramelldansen, and then annoyed people in my house by putting it on replay and singing it out loud >:D

12. Dromlexer

Dromlexer

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Today I downloadesd Team Fortress 2 (Because it's free to play now WHEEEE!)
    I had to wait serveal hours to finish download.

13. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    woah your young! so what course are you taking?

14. Ketsuno Anson

Ketsuno Anson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Most members in hive are artists and coders

15. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm majoring in Aerospace engineering

16. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources:
    I thought that you had a huge fight and that you were still raging?

But, gosh! That is pretty horrible stuff. Why did they make that song?! Damn Swedes!

17. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    They were on a mission to show the world that you don't have to be asian to make horrid annoying j-pop.

18. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    some mapmakers are really getting cocky sometimes, I am getting bored of helping for good

19. Terminated all of my projects except CoTC which was paused.
    Began brainstorming about a TOP SECRET secret thing that only Luffy, Narrator, Arthas_King, Centurion, darkslayer, and myself know about.

PM'd more than I ever have since joining THW.
    Passed 1.1k posts!!!!!!!

20. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Congratz =p, doesnt sound very secretly when so many knows about it :()

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.