• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What was the Third resource type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I saw a picture of Warcraft3 : Reign of Chaos from the beta or alpha stage. There was an extra icon beside the gold/lumber/food icon in the upper-right part of the game screen. It was like a blue glowing stone. I know I have already seen it in the war3.mpq file while exploring the content with an mpq viewer. And if I am not wrong it was named "Mana Stone". So any of you knows what was it supposed to be there? It seems that they planned a third resource type to replace oil from WC2 but then they removed it from the final release of game. And probably it was something about mana. I wondered what could it be.

...Do you know anything about that?

Level 8
Woah and now I've been wondering why there has never been sea battles in Warcraft 3 in melee games like before.

Do you have any pictures of the third resource?

Status
Not open for further replies.