1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Solved] What was the custom script to get units in range?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by DoomBlade, Sep 8, 2020.

1. DoomBlade

DoomBlade

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe a week ago I was browsing trough the forums and saw a post where people where helping with an AoE spell.

What I noticed, is that they gave an good idea how to match the collision size of units, so that all units are effected despite their collision size. I have seen this issue perform on my map with the reforged furbolg skins.

It was made in a way that the Desired AoE + 300 or so and then "Getenuminrange, something something"

Thanks in advance.

I tried to find the thread, but sadly many of the new people delete comments in their thread when they are solved.

Thanks in advance!

2. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  3. BloodSoul

BloodSoul

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'd like to complement Uncle's post and say that there are also these other two natives at your disposal.
    Code (vJASS):

constant native IsUnitInRangeXY     takes unit whichUnit, real x, real y, real distance returns boolean
    constant native IsUnitInRangeLoc    takes unit whichUnit, location whichLocation, real distance returns boolean

4. DoomBlade

DoomBlade

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks to both of you :)