• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What tileset do you think would fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Making a terrain over Europe for fun, but im having a hard time to decide what tiles would fit best in this map. so what do you think?

Attachments

• What do you think.png
    What do you think.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,263
Level 23
I actually really like what you did here, terrainingwise, you cannot really get done this in a realistic way, but the way you used the nomally ugly tiles to symbolise the landscape totally looks fine for me. The tiles between the mountains on the ground might be a bit too much, and as Garshilan pointed out, the dark grass does not look the best, but if used a bit less I think this terrain is totally fine for your purpose!

Oh, and maybe add some more hills inbetween the mountains, I think it's a bit flat there.

Level 23
Well, I was not clear enough about that.
I just have the feeling you used to much of the dark grass, a bit less of it could grant a better effect maybe. For me it looks the best when used close to the woods/trees.... with some additions to the woodless parts....

Level 7
I changed the dark grass to a lighter one. I think it looks better now then before. Tho i dont know what to do on the flat ground. i want to fill it up but there are no ideas in my head atm.

Attachments

• New one.png
    New one.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 3,238
Last edited:
Level 36
I'd advice not using the standard Blizzard tiles all-together, and rather say you should go for the tiles you can acquire from the "Demons Heaven" map found here in the terraining section.

But yes, if you are set on ingame textures: A good mix between Village Fall and Ashenvale is the best way to go, if it is foresty your going for.

Level 7
I'd advice not using the standard Blizzard tiles all-together, and rather say you should go for the tiles you can acquire from the "Demons Heaven" map found here in the terraining section.

But yes, if you are set on ingame textures: A good mix between Village Fall and Ashenvale is the best way to go, if it is foresty your going for.

ill check the Demons Heaven. I want a mixed tile not only Ashenvale and Village fall cause im doing africa in the south. So sand and some other tile for that is a must.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.