• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what projectile model to use with unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
hey all,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this (you always know it's gonna be good when it starts like that...) but I would like some advice on what projectile model would look good getting thrown by this troll medium model by @Skipper. (as of now I have it throwing a skull doodad:prazz:). notice the funky shaped weapon it's holding.

if this is the wrong place for this thread I will happily move it...

thanks!

Level 9
hey all,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this (you always know it's gonna be good when it starts like that...) but I would like some advice on what projectile model would look good getting thrown by this troll medium model by @Skipper. (as of now I have it throwing a skull doodad:prazz:). notice the funky shaped weapon it's holding.

thanks!
Why don't you use the death coil missile i think it might look since since it's a troll OR you can use orb of annihiliation missile from the undead destroyer.

Level 9
I was looking for something that would kind of look like some part of the model was being thrown (which is why I have it throwing a skull, even though it looks kind of silly), ideally the thing it's holding in the throwing hand. also about this:

how do trolls have to do with death coils? is that a WOW thing?
Well trolls are composed with different classes which is the Axethrower,Bat Rider,Beserker,Death knight,Druid Hexxer,Headhunter,Hunter Mage,Monk,NECROMANCER,Priest,Rouge,Shadow Hunter,Shaman,Warlock,Warrior and Witch Doctor i think trolls mostly used vodoo magics which most vodoo magic are dark or wicked so but not all of them uses those kinds of dark spells of course some only rely on thier hunting and killing skills which what made them survive in the wilds from where they are living in. So you could use different missiles instead of those i have mentioned before that was only my suggestion and why i suggested those kind of missiles for you is because i was basing them of the troll necromancer and warlocks which uses a lot of dark spells.

Level 21
hey all,

thanks!
The weapon doesn't disappear during the attack animation, so I'm pretty sure the unit was meant to have a melee attack. However, if you still want to use it as a ranged unit, here's a matching projectile.

Attachments

• TrollMissile.mdx
    9.6 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.