Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Troll Medium

Submitted by Skipper
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Lore
This troll sacrificed his eyes to the great god of trolls. As a gift for his sacrifice, the gods gave him the power to see spiritual and unusual things. Troll tribes are using these Sighters as a "Mediums" to communicate with their gods and ancestors. But not every troll can be a Sighter, only the trolls with 4 tusks can become Sighters.

This model is Co-produced with Misha, many thanks for his help and time.

Eye animated by me. Model created by me.

Keywords:
troll, jungle troll, spirit, medium, seer, skull, eye, floating eye, wizard, ratamahatta, trolllish, carribean, haiti, jamaica, wooden thing on back,
Contents

Troll Medium (Model)

Troll Medium (Model)

Reviews
13:17, 28th Oct 2015 Misha: Blinky the All-Seeing has turned out really nice :) you just might wanna make sure that model's name, and the front part of the portrait's name match exactly, or peeps might not see the portrait ingame at all.. also you...
  1. 13:17, 28th Oct 2015
    Misha: Blinky the All-Seeing has turned out really nice :) you just might wanna make sure that model's name, and the front part of the portrait's name match exactly, or peeps might not see the portrait ingame at all..
    also you could move the weapon attachment point to the actual weapon's center, and you might wanna make the portrait model look more like Blinkie.. then i'll be updating this moderation with a higher rating

2. Skipper

Skipper

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Friends, comrades, unicorns and you other people of Hiveworkshop.

I need help. I would like to make the big one eye to blink, but I don´t know how, I read a lot of tutorials, but still can´t get the thing working. Thank you

3. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Hm.. would you like to have the eye blink all the time or actually stop blinking when the troll dies?
    one way is easy-ish, the other, not so much

4. Skipper

Skipper

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Blink as much as possible :) Doesn´t matter.

5. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    is it alright if i try just transplanting the animated eye from the watcher ward?

6. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think it would be funny to see the eye spin around in stand channel. Also is this a unit or a hero? not sure cause I don't see a hero aura but dissipates? anyway, GJ!

7. Skipper

Skipper

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    It´s more than welcomed :)

8. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'll wait for you to update it with the blinking eye to rate it. I do quite like this, but that is a vital feature, so the eye really feels like a part of him and not just something weird hanging over his head.

Edit: Wow, you've come a long way with this. It's close enough to a 4/5 to earn one.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  9. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    so i did it. It looks very derpy :xxd: hanging around his crotch. But it works as you wanted and is attached to the main model. would you be able to adjust the position of the main eye bone in each animation by yourself?

also, some of the animations he uses really could be changed, because his weapon (or that wooden stake thing) clip through other parts or through the ground..

also2, for some reason now his weapon turns TC in some anims :xxd: dunno what happened, but it kinda felt cool

10. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Damn, this is one sick and unique troll model! Keep them coming!

11. Skipper

Skipper

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Betiful! Can you send it to me? Will divide credits to both of us :p

12. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    sent over pastebin and PM :p enjoy

13. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really love the idea behind this guy. "Sighters" or 'Mediums' are a solid addition to any good Troll race (wish I'd thought of it myself. xD (well, in a way I did. But not specifically this way)). I particularly love that it's a Jungle Troll. : )

I'm a little... Weirded out by the back-rack-stuff. The giant Watcher eyeball is cool, and the skull-with-eyeballs is weird-but-cool... But both together? Seems a bit overkill. Maybe.

Nice eyepatch, cool weapon... The "Stand Victory" animation becomes problematic with the huge Watcher-eye.

Also, might want to decide Hero /or/ Unit (or, make it both); it has Dissipate anims but no hero glow. I'd suggest adding Hero Glow or modding Dissipate to be Decay & adding Decay Flesh. (actually, both (like Direfury does it) would be ideal).

~

In a perfect world, I'd say ditch the Watcher ward-back-rack; just have it floating in the air above his shoulder, peering around & floating to & fro as the guy does his animations (have a spell anim where he throws/tells it to go somewhere). Maybe the skull... Throw some shields or leaves on his back? Ah dannae, I'm just making stuff up at this point.

Good stuff!

14. Skipper

Skipper

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thanks :) Working on it, now I´m trying to make the eye more "alive", dem animationz ... will take some time

15. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love it! Great work, God Bless!

16. Skipper

Skipper

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:

Thanks man, used a lot of your stuffs, but for the holy mother of jesuss mother, you can´t throw your only source of vision ... :D

17. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    we have a little issue, the eye is in his butt while dissipating :xxd: that could be fixed
    and in one anim, the eye seems to clip with the tiki mask that's near it.. which was it.. where he stands up?

and you mentioned a magical tether between the troll and eye.. still don't know from where oO

18. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright.

This has gotten exponentially better due to the eye being animated. Seriously, Misha, good work; that takes this model from "interesting but weird geomerge" to "totally useful geomerge". : )

I think, then, there are only a few things to worry about:
    • Despite what I said above, I think your name should be first for "creators", Skipper. Misha definitely helped immensely, but you created the idea, the model's base.
    • Please change the name. It's kinda funny, but stuff like that is perfect for the Tags. I think "Troll Spirit Medium" would be perfect. Or "Troll Medium"
    • Speaking of Tags, those are surprisingly important, and there's really no reason not to spam them. Pretty much just throw everything in there that even barely makes sense (troll, jungle troll, spirit, medium, seer, skull, eye, floating eye, wizard, etc...), as well as some jokey stuff (blinkie the all seeing, troll eye guy, etc...).
    • Not sure I'm a fan of the 4-tusk dealie, though I respect that you made that a sort of lore tie-in.
    • I kinda feel like the weapon shouldn't disappear in his Attack animation (unless you wanna provide an upload). Maybe just throw some sparkly SFX on it so he can "throw" a projectile (like most of the other casters)
    • He could really use some more TeamColor; concurrently, he could use less symmetry. I like the little pauldrons he's got (creative), but you could stand to remove the left-shoulder-one (opposite the eye) & replace it with a TeamColor alternative. Perhaps something wood-y.
    • Still is unclear whether Hero or Unit (decay, dissipate, hero glow, etc)
    • Stand Channel could use some SFX (on the eye) as well.
    Seriously, though, great work. I particularly love the motions of the eye; Stand-4 and Stand-2 are amazing. : )

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  19. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think it'll look better with a bigger mohawk.