• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What object editor data can be referenced by triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So I'm aware of GetAbility(etc.) natives like GetAbilityEffectById and GetAbilityName but I was wondering if there was other ways to reference the data in various parts of the object editor via triggers? I imagine this could be extremely useful for storing and tweaking constant data such as spell damage and unit types without having to constantly update tooltips.

There are a lot of object editor stuff you can get. For example:
JASS:
GetUnitAcquireRange   
GetUnitDefaultFlyHeight
GetUnitDefaultMoveSpeed
GetUnitFoodUsed
GetUnitFoodMade
GetUnitDefaultTurnSpeed
GetUnitDefaultPropWindow
GetUnitName
GetObjectName
GetDestructableTypeId
//...

Etc. The list goes on for a while. I suggest either opening the common.j and looking around or using something like Jasscraft (I still have it on my comp, any Jass parser will do that lets you search for functions) and then you can just browse and browse.

As far as tooltips and all that go, there isn't a direct way to check it without some sort of database or gamecache. If you made your map very systematically, you can search the string table using JASS and check for the tooltips or hotkeys by looking for keywords... But that is as far as you can go for directly retrieving it. ;) However, there are loads of other stuff you can still retrieve. Just browse and find what might interest you.

Status
Not open for further replies.