• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What name do you think is better for a Warcraft 4?

Which name do you think is better for Warcraft 4?

• Warcraft 4: Reign of Sargeras

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I got a idea for warcraft 4 but i cannot decide a name so i am wondering what you guys think of my name options

Plot: on the lore it is said that sargeras has been gone for a long time so i thought what could sargeras be doing so with my idea sargeras was raising a universal army and preparing for war on the galaxy

Level 9
Name Correction The Return of the burning legion is actually suppose to be Warcraft 4: Return of The Burning legion i noticed there were to many the's

Level 24
That was supposed to be an Adventure game about Thrall. Ended up being scrapped.
1310480585093.jpg

Level 14
Is that the old man from that TV series from UK about some guys who rob rich people of money through clever schemes?

Level 9
I talked with blizzard myself before for the reason why they haven't made a warcraft 4 and they said that they didn't have any ideas for it thats why no warcraft 4 exists right now

Level 4
I cant decide on the poll so I didnt vote but how about WARCRAFT IV: THE RISE OF THE LICH KING? I used this on my project map and this might fit in the next Warcarft (which I am thinking that will not really happen. At least, Im giving MY ideas)!:grin:

Level 6
How about Warcraft IV: Suck it pessimists!!
Why is everyone so damn pessimistic about this topic??=/
You will probably respond by saying smth like, "We're not being pessimistic, we're being realistic, there's a difference." and ofcourse i could do nothing but agree and you feel justified being so negative and pessimistic to this, but i gotta ask....whats the point?

Why do you want to assume Warcraft IV wont happen or will suck if it gets made??
Wouldn't it be better to assume that it will be made and that it will be totally awesome when it is?

You could say that it would only lead to dissapointment, but think of it like this....the more ppl that assume WC4 is just a fools dream, the less chance it has to be made because there is no pressure on Blizzard to make it cause the public seems to not think it will happen anyways.....but the more ppl that assume WC4 will be made and that it will be great, the bigger chance it has to be made because then there is put pressure on Blizzard and seemingly the public really wants and expect them to make it so there is obvious money to be made(and customer relations to be made/kept)

So after reading this i hope you think again before expressing ur pessimistic view about the future of WC4...maybe it's your post/opinion that makes it to some Blizzard guy's eyes and sticks to his head which may hold the descisionmaking position to control if Blizzard will make an effort for WC4 or not....

Level 14
^Let me ask you something.

Supposedly you have a job. And everytime in the last 3 paydays, some guy stoles all your money. Would you still be "optimistic" about your next pay day? Would you be all jolly about it?

Level 6
That is so off-topic, i'm not sure how to respond....but ofcourse i would be optimistic about my next pay day...it has nothing to do with this though....how can you compare buying a pc-game to someone stealing ur money? It's not AT ALL the same thing....for someone to steal your money it must be against your will, and buying a pc-game is not something u've been forced to is it?
But if you really are that dissapointed about WC1-2 and 3 how did you get to know about this site in 2007?? :S

Level 14
Okay, you would be jolly about it. That's your answer.

Besides that, you interpreted all wrong. I like Wc2 and Wc3. That's not the problem. Problem for me are all the games after WoW TBC developed by Blizz. Through these new games I feel like Blizz robed me of my enthusiasm for a Wc4, because considering their latest accomplishments, Wc4 would probably suck too.

Level 6
But it would be a totally different game in a totally different genre...also when they got such a good referance as WC3 how can it be bad?^^
SC2 wasn't such a failure was it? When they make WC4 they would ofcourse try to improve what they didn't fully succeed with in SC2
It can only be better, they learn from failing, and with Hive's help i'm sure we could come up with enough new cool features and improvements to make WC4 worth it, as yvx said, they just lack inspiration and ideas, which is something i feel we could provide if we made an effort ;)

Level 9
So far the poll says that Warcraft 4: Return of The Burning legion is wining why is it that no one is voting for the other polls?

Level 6
Maybe if u provide som more info regarding ur choices, atleast for me who doesn't know that much about the lore it would help making a descision :)

Level 14
But it would be a totally different game in a totally different genre...also when they got such a good referance as WC3 how can it be bad?^^
SC2 wasn't such a failure was it? When they make WC4 they would ofcourse try to improve what they didn't fully succeed with in SC2
It can only be better, they learn from failing, and with Hive's help i'm sure we could come up with enough new cool features and improvements to make WC4 worth it, as yvx said, they just lack inspiration and ideas, which is something i feel we could provide if we made an effort ;)

In terms of success neither of their newest games are actually fails.
But here is how I see it, I really think that their previous games were more or less masterpieces and true art. I am talking about SC:BW, Wc3, WoW TBC, D2. On all aspects. Cinnematics, storyline, everything. I Would agree that mechanics wise, those games had their faults.

I was super excited about SC2, like really excited. Got the game asap and started the campaign. Finished it in one playthrough of 10 hours. I was super excited for this game. The missions were so awesome, so I thought, until I actually finished the game. When I realized that that was it, that I finished the campaigns, that the ending was Raynor holding Sarah in his arms on Charr walking towards... sunset or whatever that was, I really felt empty and screwed over. Gameplay wise, yeah great missions.... story wise? Incredibly bad and overused. The game didn't feel Starcraft anymore, so many rehashes, Tassadar is not dead but a spirit, the Overmind wasn't truly evil. Where was the backstabbing? Whats with all this "end of the world" shit where "all races must united against the big bad unknown one foe". I am not going into details about this. There is a thread on SC2 forums, which is the most hot topic over the entire forums, and that is just how much the game was a let down story wise. And I play games to experience a feeling, not to prove myself that I am the best player in the world. I want my single player experience, which was great in SC:BW, D2, WC3, WoW TBC.

WotLK wasn't as much of a letdown, but Cataclysm truly was.

So I expected D3 to be a letdown too. D3 is, hmm, I personally think it's a let down. I haven't played D3 tbh, but I know about mechanics, and watched streams and it's basically WoW with an isometric view. I really liked the part where Tyrael becomes human, but other than that... no, not really.
For me D2 was something simple "see demon, kill demon". As story too. With D3 just seems like they overcomplicated things in order for everything to make sense. And with this being the ploy started by Diablo himself tens of thousands of years ago, simply, ugh, retarded.

So actually I'm afraid of Blizz trying their best. I want Blizz to try different. But that won't happen, because they have share holders who want more and more profit.

I said it a thousand times and I will say it once more. Blizz games are not games anymore, they are products they earn profit off.

Level 9
The burning legion returned in Warcraft3:RoC this name is unoriginal.

maybe the burning legion did return but that name was reign of chaos and sargeras has been missing for many years thats were the plot came from. Fact sargeras is a corrupt titan not anything from the burning legion

Level 35
-snip-

So I expected D3 to be a letdown too. D3 is, hmm, I personally think it's a let down. I haven't played D3 tbh, but I know about mechanics, and watched streams and it's basically WoW with an isometric view. I really liked the part where Tyrael becomes human, but other than that... no, not really.
For me D2 was something simple "see demon, kill demon". As story too. With D3 just seems like they overcomplicated things in order for everything to make sense. And with this being the ploy started by Diablo himself tens of thousands of years ago, simply, ugh, retarded.

So actually I'm afraid of Blizz trying their best. I want Blizz to try different. But that won't happen, because they have share holders who want more and more profit.

I said it a thousand times and I will say it once more. Blizz games are not games anymore, they are products they earn profit off.

Yep, and in addition the game very very quickly became boring as hell - even though it had some nice ideas it just felt so incredibly boring. Mysteriously enough Diablo 2 didn't have the same feeling of boredom steaming from it, so yea, I guess they made things to simple - too easy to come by.

Level 6
If you ask me, this whole idea of Sargeras returning with his ultimate legion simply ruins everything that happened before. It would be better to start right after Warcraft III TFT events and make Arthas the main evil collecting army to claim Azeroth (and, maybe, Outland) as his kingdom.

So I would call it somehow like "Warcraft IV: War of Azeroth".

Status
Not open for further replies.