• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] What mp3 formats are accepted?

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
The mp3 format is a collection of many different encoding configurations. Which settings work with Warcraft 3, and which don't?

Answer:

There are some ~120 different mp3 encodings and effectively an infinite number of ways to tag metadata on an mp3 file. I don't know of any list of working and non-working formats accepted by Warcraft 3, but:

• VBR 110-150Kbps with forced mono channel mode does work for me in patch 1.36.1.21015 x86_64
  • This thread (MP3 File doesn't work) seems to indicate that 64Kbps -- presumably CBR + stereo -- does not work.

Level 12
The mp3 format is a collection of many different encoding configurations. Which settings work with Warcraft 3, and which don't?

Answer:

There are some ~120 different mp3 encodings and effectively an infinite number of ways to tag metadata on an mp3 file. I don't know of any list of working and non-working formats accepted by Warcraft 3, but:

• VBR 110-150Kbps with forced mono channel mode does work for me in patch 1.36.1.21015 x86_64
  • This thread (MP3 File doesn't work) seems to indicate that 64Kbps -- presumably CBR + stereo -- does not work.

I would like to add that ''Flac'' sound type also generally works without issues but is often heavy on size. :peasant-thumbs-up: