• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

what map i make T___T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i want to start something new but i just can not decide since both ideas i have seem fun to make and original and i know i could realize them both perfectly (the way i want them to look o.o and play)

so my fantasy risk project is 99% finished and i lost the will to keep working on it. its always like that the longer i work on something the better it gets (obviously) and the closer i get to finish it, the fewer the fun gets i have working on it.

so this is what i was thinking about:

idea 1:

a rts, with completely new set of units and stuff, where lets say 6 players play ant-colonies, and other 4 players play stronger unique races like beetles, termites, centipedes or whatever. the ant race would evolve individually, depending on several factors like wich of the bonus quests it decides to finish first (like for example "find and kill the (neutral hostile player) praying mantis or steal a larvae from carrion-beetle player) so in lategame, ant-colonies will have different tech trees. while ant colonies battle for superioirity between each other, the other races will be kind of "gods" and their role will be to intimidate players, harass the strongest colonie and things like that. they are not ment to compete with the ant colonies or each other since their unit superiority could easily win them the game early. the battlefield would look like a garden, a huge huge garden. so the feeling of insect colony - wars comes along nicely. i think this is a very original idea and if realised well could be lot of fun. the battles between ant colonies should take place fast-paced starcraft style (i love this game) and without stupid heroes and lots of spells. obviously securing ressources and expanding will be an important key to success.

idea 2:

a singleplayer campaign about the ascension of a young pandaren thief, who becomes a wanderer and later paladin or whatever. would not be ment as hard campaign to finish but more like a story, with lot of detail in graphic and terraining, and atmosphere (sound and camera style). i would develop the storyline further while i go making the maps.

actually after writing this post i really feel more attracted to the ant wars thing.

GOGOG FEEDBACK!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I say make neithor of them.
Your ant wars sounds like a different kind of loap god thing.
Maps are only fun if you have to compete but if you give some players "uber" units and junk someone will always ruin the game for the ant players just like god in loap god can ruin it for the cits.
Would be a good idea if all of them had equal power and power progressed equaly but if it turns like you said some noob will always missuse the stronger races and say he owns all.

Your campain sounds decent but campains are never good if your bored of making a map since a good campain takes ages and you can easily lose interest.

Out of thoughs 2 if I must pick one go with the ant thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.