• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Long time ago I had a idea to make a map where you can play as a insect or arachnid. Compared to AI of the BUGS! map I will create a "civilization" system for colonies and independent on unsocial creatures. Also I want to do the same as the BUGS! map the underground level, but a bit different. As for that map it has many ideas I did not thought such as using the crater as a passage to underground level or including carrots.

At the start of the game a table appears showing what bug to choose (playable).

Playable Bugs:
Colonies:
1.Termite Colony
2.Beetle Colony
3.Sepian Colony
4.Ant Colony
Unsocial:
5.Spider
6.Scorpion
7.Cockroach
8.Mantis

Non-Playable Bugs:
Colonies:
9.Bee Colony
10.Fire Ant Colony
Unsocial:
11.Snail
12.Slug

Neutral Passive:

Moths and Butterflies
Fly
Dragonfly

Through the game your bug can evolve. The evolving rule is applied both on colonies and unsocial bugs. Example the sepian colony is replaced by another model in this case. And my goal is that even non-playable bugs evolve. Like fire ants becoming faster and more endurant. Like BUGS! this also is a simulator, it has AI designed for colonies and unsocial bugs.

To keep the colony alive there must be reproduction, laying eggs and then larvas grow.

Food is gathered by colonies that their workers, example the ant gets out of underground and cuts leaf and trees and brings to the underground colony while the ant soldier is guarding the worker. Unsocial bugs must find the food on their own by eating everything they can.

Simulation is similar to BUGS! map because if you run a colony the unsocial bugs will have their own paths and choices. The colony bugs and unsocial bugs may come into a conflict example mantis attacks the ant worker, the worker sends a taunt to other soldier ants to attack the mantis.

Also between colonies I was thinking about adding something interactional.

The basic casts for colony:

Worker
Soldier
Queen

Give some tips about AI and triggers if you got, I need just to make the underground level but don't know how to do it.

Level 16
uhm... what's the system??? don't really get what you're saying...
uh, AI and Triggers!?!??! oh! okay! i understand! you're making a map!
This is RolePlaying! LOL!
well, wrong Category buddy, it should be at Map Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.