• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What kinds of features do u want in warcraft 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
A demon, satyr, naga (completed), fel orc (maybe, I'm not sure about it)... Well, I wish for a total of 10 races in it.

And also that there will be space for more buttons in that box on the lower right corner (dunno how it's called) so we can all make heros and units with more than just 7 or 8 abilities.

Level 25
Have everything initially scaled to a base creature like a human. So that way buildings will have a .25% on them or something so they're normal size, but for doodaders like me they'll be normal

Also I want more terrain options and possibly the idea of having an engine that is capable of supporting RPGish movement and stuff, as in "Click a unit and activate a toggle and you can control it with movement keys while the camera is behind it and stuff"

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I want each race to be separated. For example, I don't like humans. Humans have more dwarves and elves than humans themselves. I wonder if they call them humans just because they are called like that since Warcraft I or if it's because of the worker. :roll:

-Rui

I expect following features in WC4

- Some races seperated (don't mix humans, dwarves and bloodelves).
- Special Races completed (Nagas, Demons, Nerubians).
- Many fantasy characters more correctly (Ex: Dryads don't have four legs and don't throw poisonous spears).
- Higher polygon models.
- Improved World Editor with more features.
- The return of Ner'zhul (a.k.a. the Lich King).
- More units, neutral hostiles and critters based on many fantasy books (like Cockatrices, Krakens, Nymphs, Giants).
- And other things that I don't know for the moment.

Level 22
Alost every model twice as much polys (most computers can still run fast with that)
No sucky trees :p
playable goblins and burning legion

but they have to make it so custom maps of WC3 can run on WC4 (dunno if thats possible)

and eh... who says there's gonna be a WC4? and if it is coming, when?

Level 6
I would want there to be an editor that can edit .pud, .w3m, .w3x, .w3n, oh, yeah, we already have Zepir's Map Editor. Well, I wanna some submenus on the control board(that's the down right corner of the game), bigger inventory(how about 12 slots + Hero Equipment slots(5 of them))and high detailed skins and models. Here's what would I want to happen at the end of the Wc4:

"llidan defeats Ner'zhul. With his double-blades, Illidan slashes with million hits that destroys the helmet of Ner'zhul. Arthas releases a horrifying voice:
-You may defeated Ner'zhul inside me, but you didn't defeated the Frostmourne!
Illidan answers:
-Frostmourne is now a ordinary, rusty blade that looks like a piece of metal, not a powerfull,charming artifact that eats souls like an endless hole. Without its power you are nothing.
Arthas gets up and grabs Frostmourne. He swung Frostmourne with full power but it breaks into thousands of pieces, stucking one into Arthas' heart:
-As I began to follow the Path of the Damned, Ner'zhul promissed me to be invincible, indestructible to anything, but now, I am only a hopeless human who will die...
Arthas' head rushes to a rock, giving a fatal hit. Illidan buried the poor, lost soul and Arthas' body was never found again."

Don't call me Shakespire. This is from my book: Warcraft 4: The Return of Ner'zhul. :D

Level 2
i think it would be cool 2 have units patrol in circles, not just lines.

and most important. i think u should b able 2 customize army racially ie: tauren grunts, tauren hhs, troll grunts, orc hhs, etc. tauren units would be slightly slower but more powerful, and trolls would be slightly faster, but less powerful.
humans/dwarves/elves would be the same.

Level 25
Illidan can never defeat the Lich King. Considering that Mal'Furion alone is twice as powerful as Illidan, and that Mal'Furion is easily only about 1/64th of Lich's power...

Yeah. The Lich Kig is, according to the Warcraft RPG, 128 times stronger than Illidan. Illidan is 53, Mal'Furion is level 54 and the Lich King himself is level 60

Level 4
wc4 better have awesome graphics like 'Age of Empires III'

man those graphics are insane.

Level 6
Erm, Ramzs, that's what I wanted with skins, and Mecheon, on the half of the book Illidan travels to Twisting Nether and without knowing he finds an orb that is said about that it can melt mountains with one move, implode worlds with one word and capable of defeating even the greatest warrior-mages, like Ner'zhul. It was originally made by Kil'jaeden and one tiny part of the Orb's power was given to Iliidan when he served to Kil'jaeden, but the full power of the Orb is unmatchable. When Kil'jaeden lost it, he also lost many of his powers, but he sitll kept one of the most destructive and he is more powerfull that the Orb's power.

Level 25
Kil'Jaden the Deciever is more of a behind-the-scenes type Ereder. I think that Arthas is more powerful than him right now actually, so he is in a bit of a fix. And sides, Killy made the Orcs go into a bloodlust, why would he want to kill them?

Oh, and the slight problem of being unable to actually GO to Azeroth without someone summoning him, and the fact that Sargeres is the leader of the Burning Legion and no demon could beat Sargy. He's a Titan, you know, the race who kicked the Old God's asses off of Azeroth?

And I also want only the races that need it getting buffed out. I like that different races but same unit set, but it wouldn't just be Horde versus Alliance. Blizzard were stupid to set it up like that. Lets just say that the Night Elves got pissed at the gnomes and dwarves destroying nature and the Forsaken went a little too far in the "kill all life" direction so the Horde kicked them out. Then lets say that Illidan sent his Blood Elves, Naga and Draenei to go and massacure random Azeroth races at random places at Azeroth. And that the Goblins wanted to make a hell of a lot of money off the entire thing

And that Arthas is unbeatable by anything less that a Titan. Sargy would be able to defeat him, if anyone was stupid enough to summon Sargy into Azeroth. Bad move if you ever do that, good thing his Avatar is the closest thing to him currently and that's probably sunken deep beneath the ocean

Level 6
But, if Kil'jaeden encrypted Ner'zhul, then he cannot be more powerfull than Arthas(Lich King) Oh, and my bad in the last post. He didn't had left only one power, but more of them. So he is still unbeatable('till somebody comes to kick @$$).

Level 25
The Lich King is level 60 according to the Warcraft RPG

Illidan is only level 53

An average person can only get to a downright pathetic 20

Mal'Furion, at 54, is twice as powerful as Illidan

The Lich King is 2^7, which is 128, times more powerful

Not a number to scoff at

Level 4
yeah i heard about WC4. i would like to see more of the Minor Races (eg. Gnolls, Satyr's and the rest) and i would like to see More Detailed Models. and i like Orcsrule's Idea about the Army Customizing thing. that would be rearly good i think. :D

Level 18
I would like to see complete customization... lets make people design there warriors like in warzone4500 or whatever... build the units you produce...

For the editor id like to see more options, camera control and special effect controls.

not to mention odd things like physics, make a ball act like a ball make a rock at like a rock ect ect....

Most of all i want to see stunning 3d graphics in a fully destructable enviroment that allows the warcraft universe to evolve over time. starting with wc1 tech and moving their sorry asses to space orc, and whatnot times. Oh and fuck the elves lets get back to HUMANS vrs ORCS.

Level 9
Shadow The Hedgehog said:
Have an easier Model Editor and Skin Editor in the World Editor :D :D :D

that would be good
yous shouldnt get your hopes up because making another WC would probly be last on blizzards list another diablo or starcraft game would come out first

Level 5
I like Mecheon's idea of several splited races all fighting each other instead of just Alliance and Horde.

Here comes my idea of possible WC4:

The Forsaken could be beaten by the Scourge and form an Undead Army (under Arthas/Nerzhul the Lich King's command, of course.) (Personally, i don't like free-minded zombies. They aint... very reliable)

Dwarves and Gnomes forms their own "Alliance of Metal".

Orcs, Trolls and Tauren keep being the Horde but with their own armies and homelands. (Perhaps Goblins and Ogres return with the Horde :?: )

Humans are alone as in WC1

NE alone just as Humans. Perhaps a NE faction led by Maiev (the Night Elf Watchers)

Tired of failing at trying to use other creatures to do their dirty job, the Burning Legion finally comes to Azeroth to set up things personally.

The Corrupted Ancients (the satyrs) seeing their demon masters coming they decide to form a bigger army allied with them.

And finally, Blood Elves, Naga and Draenei (as Mecheon said) led by Illidan, make their way back to Azeroth to defeat the undead "once and for all."

EDIT: I forgot bout nerubians. An insectoid army including nerubians, silithids, quiraji, etc. who try to take over the world as the Scourge.

Level 25
Maiv can't lead anything

She's dead

Nerubians are too few to have an army, and the Silithid/Quiraji are being kept away from the rest of the world by something in Un'Goro or Uldum

Goblins won't return to the Horde, and if humans get their own army then so should orcs. Trolls and Tauren deserve their own

Just give each "faction" a set way of races. IE: Humans and their allies (High Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves) would have Footmen, Crossbowmen, etc. A HE "Crossbowman" would be an archer, and a gnomish one would be a gnomish rifleman

And if the orcs and allies (Tauren, Trolls, Ogres?) had like grunts and spearthrowers, then the others would have simular things. And changed powers depending on races of corse

And the Legion get others to do their job because they're sorta trapped in the Twisting Nether, so they need people to summon them into Azeroth, hence the entire RoC Undead campaign

Level 5
Of course Maiev leads her own NE group. The Watchers! They are more loyal to M rather than Tyrande, as it seems.

Nerubians are great diggers. They can create a tunnel from Northrend to north Ashenvale to settle down and then slowly go to south Kalimdor meeting their cousins Sil and Quir. (nah! that would need a wc6. It'd be a looong trip. :? )

Goblins are only interested in money. SO if orcs pay'em, they can join'em. Besides tauren and trolls can have their own armies. But standin allies with orcs.

And the Legion can be summoned as anew race by a powerful warlock.

See! Everything has an explanation! Questions?

Level 25
But Maiv is sorta dead

She died alone. With no one following her. She's a Spirit of Vengence now, hunting down Illidan

Goblins aren't just interested in money. They're interested in money, lots of money and the prospect of more money. They can earn FAR more by staying neutral and having the various forces purchase things from them

Nerubians are semi-extinct. They can't make an army, there is just not enough creatures

And like I said, the Silithid and Quiraji can't leave Silithus because of pylons in Un'Goro crater, who's influence would stretch underground, and Uldum, one of the three Earthen cities, guarded by whatever guardians the Titans decided to put there. The Titans hate the Quiraji's masters, the Old Gods, so they're not gonna let the Quiraji's servents escape

And you'd need a bloody powerful warlock in order to get the Legion back to Azeroth. But really, they're not an interesting race. They were taken out of Warcraft 3 because they were so imbalanced

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'm trying to make all races possible in my Eternal Chaos map, but I have dificulties in making taurens and goblins for example. Their models can take too much space. Human isn't easy either. Too few units. That's why I say that there is more Dwarves and Elves in the human race than Humans themselves. Anyway, Blizzard will have to get new ideas for spellcasters, since Elves left the Alliance.

-Rui

Level 45
races:
human
elves
gnomes
dwarfs

Taurens
trolls
orcs
ogres

undead
nerubians
gargoyles
nightmare creatues..

night elves
furbolgs
dryads
ancients

doom guards
eledar
felbeasts
doom spirits

gnolls
dragonspawn
magnatuar
werewolfs (a must have)

system:
bump maps
water splash ripples
better lighting
anti anilysing
3x smoothener
physics system
realife damage system (limping, blood...)
more unit selection
proper unit scale

Level 25
Dryads and Gargoyles aren't races

And Nerubians would never ally with the Undead. The dead ones, yeah. But saying that Nerubians would ally with the Scourge is like saying that humans would ally with the Scourge

And Werewolves barely even exist in WC lore. I kill them for fun. They're level 10-30ish in level and found south of Lordaren and east, accross a lake, of Dalaran. They're called Worgren

Level 5
My ideas and some of the previous posters...

Game engine:
-easily hanldes 3000 polygons per unit with a better material system
-better particle code
-ability to add some functions in modifications

Ability to create and manage own modifications in the game and world editor, more aspects of modification in world editor:
-berrer unit, spell and ability, hero(items as attachments and more RPG styled ideas) systems
-race and class based bonuses
-"build own army" ability
-more strategy based

Level 5
b4 i forget. I want also that thew undead were TRULY undead. What the heck are gargoyles, obsidian statues, obsidian destroyers doing threre. They're not truly undead, are they?

And werewulf, what do you mean with Nightmare creatures as a race?

Level 9
This is my idea

I think when heroes are summoned they shouldnt have any mounts or weapons.You can buy horses,tigers felbeasts to ride on at neutral stores.The weapons you pick up show up on your guy.

More races are needed i agree.They need separation i agree on that 2(lime dwarves and elves in human alliance)
There should be mellee maps made with different objectives then just kill ur opponenet.For example

-Kind of the hill
-kill some boss before your opponent does
-grab some item and bring it to your base before your opponents

Better graphics. More units. Walking and flying dragons with bigger wings(i dont get how all them can fly with such small wings)which looks better and makes more sense.Better models.Better sizes(some units are bigger then the town halls, ex.granite golem)

Thats what i think.

Level 12
Shadowy Crafter said:
b4 i forget. I want also that thew undead were TRULY undead. What the heck are gargoyles, obsidian statues, obsidian destroyers doing threre. They're not truly undead, are they?
Aaahh! I couldn't agree more. I really hate that the undead has gargoyles and that they are classed as undead. Gargoyles arn't undead at all. They are just createures, sometimes evil sometimes neutral. In some fantasy worlds they are demonic but I can accept that. Just don't let them be undead.

And for God's sake don't mix undead with demons! I really hate when they are mixed like in wc3 and Heroes IV. They have nothing to do with each other. The only thing they have in common is that they both are evil. Sure the Scourge was created by the Legion but I don't even like that. They should be two different hordes independent of each other. I will never forgive games that mixes them to one "race". Nothing says all evil races must be allied with each other.

Back to wc4 features. An even more powerful editor with natives to manibulate and get acces to every single attribute of objects. And alot more natives...
Also ability to add new races. Not just change the existing ones. And please remove the maximum speed limit! :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.